Confession

Mess

Something is wrong. Something is wrong with me. The inner turmoil, I can't handle it anymore. The inner mess, it's driving me crazy. I don't know what to do, I don't know how to react. I don't know what actions should I put for it to disperse, I don't know what will happen to me if ever somebody finds out the reason behind this inner confusions of mine.

It can't be. It shouldn't be. Why did this happen? How did this happen? 

How come I found myself smiling whenever she's around? How come I caught myself staring at her when she's not looking at me? How come she makes my heart flutter, how come she can give me tingling sensations inside my belly?

Am I starting to have a crush on her? Am I starting to like her? Or am I already in love with her?

No. Seulgi is my friend. She's just a friend, I can't like her. I shouldn't fall for her. This can't be happening to me! .

"Hey, what's with the face?" I look at the direction where the familiar voice came from.

"Woah! You look horrified, Irene. Afraid of me now?" 

Yes, I'm afraid of you. Afraid that you might be the reason of my sudden death. How can I calm my hesterical heart now? 

I inhaled and exhaled. I look at her, forcing a smile. "Yeah, I'm afraid of my building up feelings for you." I said unconciously.

She looks at me questioningly. I gulped. 

"What do you mean?"

Should I end the inner confusions now? My inner mess?

I sighed again, looking directly at her eyes. 

"You see, I don't know when did this happen..." I started, eyes darted on the floor trying to avoid my confusion's eyes.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I'm anxious at the same time I want her to know my feelings for her. I want to be transparent in front of her, I wanna be brave this time. I won't expect for her to acknowledge my feelings, or to reciprocate it, I just want to bluntly say that I'm in love with her.

"Seulgi, I like you." I said not wanting my voice to crack. I clenched my fist and bravely look at her eyes. 

I can see the puzzled look on her face, but I don't care. I may sound selfish but yes, I'm doing this for myself.

"I like you and I just want you to know what I feel for you. Look, if you don't like me or if you feel disgusted knowing how I felt for you, just forget it." I said trying to be confident.

"I want to end the battle happening in my insides. Battle between my heart and mind. I want to end the series of denials and the only way I can do is to tell you that I like you."

I studied her expression and my heart softened when she sighed. I don't want to show her my disappointed face, I kept my composure.

Am I expecting to hear the same confession from her? Maybe.

"Irene, I--. Sorry, I don't know what to say. I just want to invite you for a lunch, you know." She said, slightly frowning. "You ended up p-pranking me."

I creased my brows after hearing what she said. "I'm not pranking you! I'm telling the truth!" I opposed.

"R-really?" Her narrow eyes widened and she slightly flinch because of the tone of my voice.

"Yes, I'm telling the truth."

"Okay." She sighed. "Thank you for having those feelings for me, then."

"Seulgi, I said I like you."

"And? Are you expecting me to say that I like you too?" 

"N-no."

"I'm sorry Irene but I don't like you. Let's just remain friends and forget about what happened. Now, let's go and you join me to eat." She said as if there's no confession happened.

My confessions were neglected.

Now, I'm glad that my inner mess ended.

-End-