Part 1

His wife, not his lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

“Of course mom.. my husband just called me to say he’s going to come home late tonight because of a business dinner.. you know how he doesn’t want me to wait for him..” said Jisoo over the phone as her hands clenched on the yarn she had on her thighs. “A lunch next Saturday at your house? I will tell him about it.. he also wants to see you and dad..”

 

She heaved a long sigh as soon as she hung up.

 

Just how many lies does she need to tell her parents everytime they  call her?

Just who is she trying to fool?

 

Just.. what is going on with her life?

 

She looked at her watch.

It was past 9 pm.

 

It seems like Taehyung will come home late tonight again..

 

Again.. that’s right.. again..

 

How many more nights should she wait for him to come home?

 

And how many more times is she going to play dumb?

 

Of course she has realized it already..

Of course she could see through him..

 

Taehyung doesn’t love her.. and he married her strictly for business..

And this marriage.. is going downhill..

 

She let another half an hour pass before putting back the needles and the yarn into the box.

One of her hobbies is knitting.. and ever since she moved into their wedding house a month ago, she has made two sweaters already.

 

A month.. she can’t believe a month has passed already ever since she exchanged vows with Taehyung..

 

They have been living together for a month.. but it’s just literally living under the same roof..

 

Well.. they share the master’s bedroom.. they sleep on the same bed but.. she doesn’t see him all day.. not at all..

 

He comes home when she’s already asleep and he goes out to work when she hasn’t woken up yet..

 

He goes out early on weekends to exercise and he comes home late after spending all day with his friends..

 

Friends.. that’s what he says.. but the real problem lies here..

 

Jisoo sighed as she glanced at their wedding photo on the sidetable of the bed.

 

“Can’t you send me a single message to at least let me know you’re safe?” she whispered to herself as she closed her eyes slowly.

 

And as soon as she did, she heard the door opening.

 

He must have come back.

 

She wanted to get up and welcome him home.. she wanted to run to him and hug him tightly.. ask him how his day went.. ask him if he had dinner already.. tell him she was worried because he didn’t call her all day.. there were a lot of things she wanted to do and say but she kept her eyes closed as she turned her back against the door.

 

Taehyung didn’t turn the lights on.

He never does.. Jisoo doesn’t know if he doesn’t so he wouldn’t wake her up or maybe he just doesn’t like seeing her..

 

A few moments later, she felt the bed moving a little.

He must be lying down beside her now.

 

He changes clothes in the room beside theirs.. well.. all of his stuff is there.. and there’s a big empty cabinet in the master’s bedroom all for him.. but he doesn’t seem to want to move his things there..

 

It feels like they are dorm mates rather than husband and wife..

But dorm mates would at least talk to each other from time to time..

While she might need to make an appointment just so she could say a word to him..

 

She silently wiped the tears in her eyes as she continued thinking to herself..

 

What did she ever do wrong in her life to come to this?

 

Why did she agree to this impossible marriage? 

 

When will this torture end?

 

Will her husband ever look her way?

 

 

———————-

 

 

It was past 9 am the next day..

 

Taehyung was reading the latest business proposal when his secretary Jennie knocked on the door.

 

He put all the papers away immediately as he helped her carry the two cups of coffee.

 

“I bought your favorite bread on my way to work.. have some..” he said as he gave it to her.

 

Jennie giggled.

 

“Thank you.. oppa..” she said softly. “I will buy tomorrow morning..”

 

Taehyung smiled wider.

 

“Up to you.. or we can grab some breakfast together tomorrow..” he said looking at her warmly.

 

Jennie.

 

The only woman he has loved his whole life.. and the only woman he will love for the rest of his life..

 

They first met in college.. and th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter