Chapter 2 - Winter

Confessions In A Bottle
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

If there's one thing, I hate the most, that's standing out like a sore thumb and garnering the attention of everyone. But I guess it comes with the fact that I am me, Winter Kim, daughter of Taeyeon and Tiffany Kim. Yes, you got it right, I am the daughter of a celebrity gay couple.

 

All my life I've always had people staring at me. Some in amazement, others in curiosity, and unfortunately for some in disgust. Don't get me wrong, I love my parents they mean the world to me. Mom and Mama never failed to show me how much they treasure me and how thankful they are to have me and trust me, I feel the same way too. It’s just that unlike them who are both used to be in the public eye due to the nature of their work, I hate it.

 

I hate the feeling of being watched and judged by strangers and I guess that's one of the reasons why I've always been closed off, preferring to be left alone. I know it may sound overly dramatic and sad but that's the truth.

I learned to find comfort in my own presence....

I find comfort in knowing no one is out for my back the moment I became vulnerable.

 

Now, whoever thought that school should start so early in the morning was bonkers. I hate it and even more so now as I start my first day at my new school.

I didn't need to see them to know that people are staring and probably talking about me. The hushed voices filling up the school corridors are enough clues.

 

With Mom taking a break from acting and deciding to focus on her cosmetic line instead, she had the grand idea of moving us away from hustle and bustle of LA and to a calmer and suburb part of California. Although there were pros of moving out of LA there were also a ton of cons and one of them is starting over at my new school. It’s not like I had a lot of friends at my old one but at least I had some and I got the real ones.

 

"This is your homeroom, Winter; your class adviser also happens to be your 1st period subject. She will take you through with all the works you have to catch up on."

With a warm smile the school secretary left me on my own in front of my classroom.

Well here goes nothing Winter, let's get on and over with middle school, shall we?

 

4 days in and I think I am fitting in better than I thought. Although I can't exactly say I've made a lot of friends yet, but I sure did get lucky meeting Yeji and the rest of her friends from the school choral. They've kept me company during lunch breaks and it’s a bonus that I got the same class with at least one of them throughout the week.

 

"So, how you feeling in here Winter? I hope you're adjusting well?" Yeji asked as we settle down at our usual table.

"Fine, still getting used to some things but its better with all you guys around" I smiled at each one of them.

They all returned my smile with Chaeryeong nodding along, Ryujin grinning at me like a kid, Yuna with her pouty smile, and Lia winking at me.

 

Maybe moving away and starting on a new school isn't that bad after all.

 

"Well, that's good to know but if you need anything don't hesitate to reach ou-" the ruckus at the entrance cut Yeji midway, gaining everyone's attention.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter