Fin - Uncertainties

Uncertainties
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The world is full of uncertainties, but for Seungwan every risk is worth taking. In the span of twenty-seven years of living the small hamster-looking figure took a lot of risks already, some of them failed but Seungwan knows that every risk and every effort to try makes everything worth it. 

Collapsing herself on her chair, the blonde felt all of her tired cells run into her whole body, today was such a long day for Seungwan, her eyes went towards the wall clock and she realized that she's almost done for the day, her last rounds will start in a few minutes and she can finally head home. The blonde took her phone out from the pocket of her coat and smiles upon seeing a message from her girlfriend. 

[7:21 PM] My Joohyunie: I miss you, hope we can have time to have dinner together tonight. 

The surgeon can only smile as she pressed the call button, after a few rings she finally heard a soft voice from the other line. "Done with work today Wan-ah?" Seungwan stood up from her swivel chair before she went out of her office. The nurses were greeting her with their soft smiles. 

"Doing my last round, just gonna visit the kid that I performed a surgery earlier." Joohyun's soft hum was heard, Seungwan can only pout, her girlfriend is surely tired and worn out from working the whole week. "Should I pick you up at the station?" Seungwan signals the nurse to give her the chart of her patient, seeing how the nurse is taking slow steps made Seungwan feel way annoyed. "When I said that I need the chart please give it to me fast okay?" Joohyun snorts as soon as she heard that kind of voice from Seungwan, she can already sense the irritation in her girlfriend's tone. 

"Stop being annoyed Doctor Son, and yes can you please pick me up today." Seungwan's soft laugh was like music to her ears, the police officer can only smile as her eyes diverted towards the photo frame on her table, a photo of her and Seungwan when they first went to Canada three years ago. 

"Hello Renjun-ah, how are you feeling?" Joohyun's smile was seen on her face as she heard how Seungwan converses with her patient, the police officer can only lean her head on her table as she continues to listen. It's been years since Seungwan became a surgeon and a doctor but it always warms Joohyun's heart whenever she sees Seungwan doing her job. "I'm sorry but you still can't eat right now. You can eat your food tomorrow." Joohyun's heart was beating so fast as she continues how soft Seungwan's voice was. "I'm glad that nothing is hurting right now, I'll visit you again tomorrow. I'll bring you something to eat. See you tomorrow Renjun-ah." Seungwan smiles before she waves her hand and proceeds to head out of the room. The surgeon immediately went inside her office. "I'll be there in less than ten minutes. See you Hyun-ah." Joohyun hums as she opens her eyes and saw her workmate standing in front of her table. 

"Take care and be safe driving Seungwan-ah." the doctor can only hum before she ends the call, Joohyun on the other hand sits up properly before she placed her phone down. The police officer only breathe out before she faced her workmate. "What is it this time Suho?" Joohyun asked while she starts cleaning up her table, today's workload was heavy and it made Joohyun so drained. If there's one thing that she wants to do right now, it is to rest into Seungwan's embrace. 

"Are you heading home? I bought my car with me I hope you don't mind me driving you home." Joohyun rolls her eyes in annoyance, her eyes going towards the photo on her table. There's no secret about Joohyun's ual orientation and she really hates it whenever people around her disrespect her and her relationship with Seungwan. They've been dating ever since they were in university and it still hurts Joohyun to be invalidated. 

"My girlfriend will be picking me up." Joohyun's answer was plain, she grabbed her coat and her phone on her table. Suho blinks her eyes before she stopped Joohyun on her step. The action made the police office off-guard. "Let me go!" her voice raised, she feels so tired and drained today because of their buy-bust operation on an underground skate park where drugs were being smuggled. 

"It's not safe for you to wait here." Joohyun wants to roll her eyes, she took all of her remaining strength to push the guy away from her. It makes Joohyun fuming mad whenever Suho pushes her into her limits by disrespecting her personal space. 

"I'm a police officer, I know how to protect myself from people! I should be way more scared of people like you." Suho was just about to respond when Joohyun saw a familiar car from outside the station, she saw Seungwan who went out, her eyes were focused on the scene and her eyebrows were crumpled. The doctor immediately went near Joohyun and retrieved her bag for her to carry. 

"Is there something wrong Joohyun?" Seungwan asked as her hand slipped into Joohyun's back, she pulls the police officer closer to her before she focused her gaze on her girlfriend. Joohyun blinks her eyes, she's melting with just a single touch from Seungwan herself. 

"Nothing we are just talking about something related to work." Suho was the one who answered because she saw how Joohyun was staring deeply into the doctor's eyes. Seungwan can only chuckle before she meets Suho's eyes. 

"I refuse to believe what you just said, this just shows how some police officer is really not honest and transparent towards other people." Joohyun was surprised to hear Seungwan speak up like this, the doctor's smirk was seen on the corner of her lips as she looks at the policeman challenging him. "If you're making a woman uncomfortable, then you should learn to stop. Did your mother didn't taught you that well? I heard from Joohyun that you also learned manners while in the camp but why can't you reflect on that." Suho wants to push Seungwan, but the doctor didn't back down, reaching for his badge Seungwan smiles before she fixed it. "Prove it to me, and towards the other people that you deserve that badge of yours. A policeman disrespecting a woman and most especially his workmate doesn't sound that good to me."  Seungwan then smiles towards Joohyun before she started walking out of the station, Joohyun was stunned, she finds Seungwan so hot right now, her eyes were focused on the way Seungwan is trying her best to calm herself down. The doctor opened the door for Joohyun. "Get it now Hyun it's getting cold." Joohyun wants to melt on the spot, Seungwan is truly caring, she reached for her girlfriend's cheek before placing a soft peck on it. 

Joohyun smiles to herself before she faced Seungwan who had just gone inside the car. "I love you. You look so cool earlier." Seungwan rolls her eyes as she starts the ignition of her car. The doctor shrugged as she looked over Joohyun, the brunette really got this warm smile and it was enough for Seungwan to remove her worries since earlier. 

"Just try it Seungwan, for sure she's thinking about it too." 

The doctor once again shrugged the thoughts before she placed a soft peck on the back of Joohyun's hand. "I don't want you to feel uncomfortable because of a scumbag like him. I just did my job to protect you. You are my girlfriend Joohyun, I don't want people disrespecting you." Seungwan's thoughts were flying as she tries to read what are the thoughts that runs into Joohyun's mind, knowing the girl for a decade, and being a relationship for more than seven years made Seungwan understand Joohyun. "What do you want to eat for dinner? Meat and tteokbokki?" the surgeon tries to disregard the growing bubble in her mind, Seungwan smiles as she saw how her girlfriend's face light up upon the mention of her favorite comfort food. 

Joohyun finds herself sitting beside Seungwan, the girl was cooking the meat for them while she's eating some of the tteokbokki. "Wan you're not eating that much," Joohyun said as she let Seungwan eat a piece of meat that she placed on her plate.  The surgeon chuckles softly before she continues to chew the meat. "I bet you are also not eating on time while in the hospital. I told you to take care of yourself too right?" Seungwan's heart warms at the reminder from the brunette, Seungwan reaches for Joohyun's free hand before giving it a soft squeeze. 

"Yes eomma-nim." Joohyun rolls her eyes and hits Seungwan's arms, the doctor ends up laughing as she saw how her girlfriend glares at her. It will always be Joohyun's pastime to annoy Joohyun. 

"Your mom is not here and she asked me to look over you but look at you Son Seungwan!" Joohyun pinches Seungwan's cheek before she glares at her. The doctor can only lightly pout her lips as she saw how Joohyun is glaring at her. "Sometimes I just hope that we are living together so I can make you meals." Joohyun scuffs before she went back to eating her meal, the doctor's heart flutters at the thought of finally living together with Joohyun. 

In their more than seven years of dating, Seungwan knows how conservative Joohyun's family is. Every time she visits or stays over every holiday in Daegu she will sleep in a separate room with Joohyun. There are only a few times that Seungwan slept over in Joohyun's home in Seoul. 

After the said meal, Joohyun was now standing in front of her home, the doctor hands her bag and smiles at her. "Good night Joohyun, do you want me to pick you up tomorrow?" the police officer shook her head before she smiles. Seungwan nods her head before she placed a soft peck on Joohyun's forehead. "Go in, it's getting cold. I'll go once you locked your door." Joohyun pecks on Seungwan's lips before she smiles and waves her hand. Seungwan breathes out as she watched Joohyun go inside her home. "I love you!"  Joohyun smiles before she opens the window of her home. 

"I love you too! Now go. Drive safely hmm?" Seungwan nods her head before she waves her hand and goes back inside her car. The doctor speeds up before she stopped in front of a shop. Her eyes went towards the store and saw Joohyun's best friend Sooyoung. 

The tall lady smiles upon seeing a familiar car, the doctor opens her car's window and waves her hand. "Eonnie!" Sooyoung sprints towards the car and smiles brightly towards the doctor. "Is there something wrong? Did you somehow fight with Joohyun eonnie? Why do you want to meet even at this late hour?" Seungwan immediately shook her head and even laughs softly. Sooyoung can only look at the doctor with confused eyes. 

"I... I want to marry your best friend Sooyoung-ah." Sooyoung's scream was heard inside the car, and Seungwan even covered her ears using her hand. Sooyoung was literally screaming and hitting Seungwan's arm. "Y...Ya, it hurts Sooyoung-ah!" Seungwan was moving away from the taller lady while laughing softly. 

"Eonnie I've been waiting to see Joohyun eonnie walk down the aisle come on! You guys knows each other for a decade and have been dating for more than seven years. It's the time!" Seungwan smiles as she heard those from Sooyoung, she's not lying, it's been seven years and she just can't wait to settle down with Joohyun. The doctor then opens the glove compartment and took a black ring box. "You already bought a ring eonnie?!" Seungwan nods her head and opens the box, a eight-karat diamond ring was seen and Sooyoung's smile was bright. "When are you planning to propose eonnie?"  Seungwan's eyes shook as she meets Sooyoung's eyes. 

"We haven't talked about settling together yet, I don't want to pressure Joohyun into that commitment."  Seungwan breathes out as she returns the box of the ring inside the compartment and there was a soft sigh from the surgeon.

"I know that Joohyun eonnie would be willing to spend her whole life with you eonnie just try it hmm?" Seungwan can only nod her head before she gives Sooyoung a soft pat, the younger lady smiles and squeezes Seungwan's hand. "You two won't last this long if you are not sure of each other. There might be uncertainties but I'm sure Joohyun eonnie is willing to face all of those with you." Seungwan can only look down, her heart was pounding with the reminder. 

And Seungwan knows that one day she will propose to Joohyun. 

The doctor wakes up with a pat on her shoulder, she fell asleep while she's inside her office. "Wan-ah it's getting late you should head home." she heard Seulgi's voice, her cousin and her best friend. Seungwan nods her head as she groans when she felt all of the tired cells run into her body. "You look so nervous Wan?" Seungwan breathes out before she reaches for Seulgi's hand. 

"I'll be proposing to Irene later." Seulgi's eyes widens as she heard those from Seungwan. "I actually went to Daegu earlier this morning before I head to work and asked for her parents' blessings."  The blonde surgeon was looking at her cousin with her eyes filled with anxiety. "They said that they were just waiting for it and they agreed. Wish me luck Seulgi?" the other surgeon smiles and just patted Seungwan's head softly, her heart feels so full to see how Seungwan wants to spend the rest of her life with the person who made her fall in love after meeting her at a party. 

Seungwan breathes out before she grabbed her long coat and her car keys. "Call me hmm? I'll wait for eonnie's sns post." Seungwan laughs softly before she nods her head and waved her hands towards her cousin.

The blonde-haired doctor head out of the hospital, her eyes go towards the sky, it's been a decade of knowing Irene and every single day she spends with the police officer still feels like day 1. After a few minutes of driving Seungwan finds herself standing outside the police station, her eyes were focused on the people who are going in or out of the said station. "Oh, doctor Son! She's still a bit busy inside the station, there's another complaint that came in a few minutes ago." Seungwan heard one of Joohyun's colleagues Jennie said, she nods her head before she offered a soft smile. "Do you want to come in, it's cold out here." Seungwan shook her head but she was left with no choice when Jennie dragged her inside the station. "Do you want some coffee doctor Son?" Jennie sat beside the doctor who just shook her head, her eyes went towards Joohyun's table and there she saw her girlfriend talking to a guy who's handcuffed right now. "Officer Bae! Your girlfriend is here." Seungwan wants to stop Jennie but it was late, everyone's attention went towards her, and even Joohyun's gaze went towards her. 

Joohyun just flashed her a soft smile before she gestured her to wait, Seungwan nods her head as she anxiously lightly stomped her feet. Seungwan's mind feels like floating right now, her eyes were focused on the ground as she patiently waits for Joohyun, her hands feel so cold. Seungwan didn't notice how many minutes already passed, she just saw Joohyun standing in front of her with a light smile on her face. "Sorry for making you wait for so long." the blonde immediately shook her head before she stood up and smiled.

"Ready to go?" Joohyun nods her head before she snuggles into Seungwan's warmth, the police officer immediately wraps her hands around Seungwan's waist before she let their hands clasped. "Are you hungry what do you want to eat?" Seungwan asked as she went out of the station with her girlfriend, her eyes went to meet Joohyun's, the girl is obviously tired. 

"Anything." Joohyun's response was plain and Seungwan understands that her girlfriend already wants to go home. The doctor only flashed a soft smile before she let Joohyun get inside her car, her heart was beating fast by the reminder of what she's hiding in her pocket right now. Seungwan breathes out heavily before she hops inside her car. There was a long silence between them as they made their way towards Joohyun's favorite restaurant. 

"We are here, let us just grab a quick dinner so I can drive you home. You look so tired already." Seungwan said as she removes the few strands of hair that fell into Joohyun's face, she saw how Joohyun's smile was seen on her face. The blonde immediately went out of the car and opened the door for Joohyun. "It is snowing! The first snow of the year." Seungwan's excitement was heard from her voice, Joohyun wants to coo at the sight of her girlfriend right now. 

"I love you Son Seungwan." Joohyun confesses her love for Seungwan once again, the surgeon smiles before she meets Joohyun's eyes. It was like a heart-stopping moment for Seungwan herself to hear Joohyun confess her love for the seventh time during the first snow. 

"I love you too Joohyun." Seungwan's bright smile was seen as she placed a soft peck on Joohyun's cheek, her heart was racing as she reads the thoughts that runs into Joohyun's mind. "It's been almost eight years already Joohyun right? Almost eight years since you pulled me into you that night when I said that I'll probably just live away from you. I really thought that you would never return the love that I'm giving but here you are now." Seungwan bites her lower lip, her heart was racing like she run from Seoul Medical Center up to Joohyun's favorite restaurant. Joohyun was looking at her with cluelessness. "Ahhh, I never been this sure, I can still remember that I'm doubting if med school was really for me, but here I am right now, I'm already a surgeon and I'm saving lives." Seungwan breathes out as she tries her best to flash a smile, she's really nervous right now. "I can still remember when you told me how unsure you are of our relationship when we finally started dating. But look where we are now, we are da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter