Chapter 9- Reunions

Project IZ*ONE II

"That is the last time I let you two go get the snacks on your own..." Eunbi mumbles to the two girls handcuffed next to her.

"How was I supposed to know they'd recognize us?" Yena responds defensively.

"I mean, our faces have been plastered across the news the past couple days, unnie." Yuri fires back.

"If you knew that, why'd you agree to go to the convenience store with her?" Hyewon asks sarcastically. Yuri only shrugs in reply.

"You better hope Chaewon and the others have a plan." The eldest says with a sigh.

~~~~

A few hours earlier...

Eunbi had been driving for a while already when a rumbling sound reminded her of a key supply they forgot to bring: food.

"What was that sound?" Wonyoung asks out loud, noticing it too.

"Sorry, that was me. We skipped breakfast for the mission, remember?" Hyewon replies sheepishly.

"You sure we can't just tough it out? Minjoo might be running out of time..." Chaewon queries, a sense of urgency laced in her voice.

"Don't think like that Chae." Eunbi scolds. "We won't be any help to Minjoo if we don't have the energy by the time we get there." The eldest's point causes Chaewon to slump in her seat knowing Eunbi was right.

"I'll look for a place we can stop at to refuel and buy some snacks then." Eunbi continues as she looks at their van's GPS.

After a couple minutes, the group makes their stop at a gas station at the edge of Seoul. Yujin and Wonyoung were about to step out, but the eldest stops them.

"No, no. You two stay here with Chaewon while we refuel. Yena and Yuri will go buy the snacks." She says.

"Whatttt? No fair, we can help too!" Yujin complains.

"You and Wonyoung are the youngest, and don't think I forgot the last time we stopped at a gas station. It's better if we have less people outside to keep track off." The two could only sigh and wait as the four step out of the van.

~~~~

"Alrighty, whatcha wanna buy for the others?" Yena asks Yuri as they walk into the convenience store. It was similar to the one they went to before with several aisles lined with candies, chips and more snacks. There was also a television running the news in one of the corners.

"Any gummy bears anywhere?" The hamster asks as she looks around, just missing the strange look the cashier gives her while whispering something on the phone.

"Again? I know they're your favorite, but there's a lot of snacks here to choose from." Yena teases.

"Then why'd you bother asking?" Yuri smirks while rolling her eyes. Yena just smiles back as she hands her a pack of her favorite brand from one of the shelves.

After a couple minutes, the couple had finally gathered a bunch of snacks and headed over to the cashier.

"Hi! We'd like to buy these items. How much is the total?" Yena asks politely.

"Hey, you two look familiar..." The employee says suddenly.

"I don't know what you mean. May we just pay for our things and go?" Yena replies, a nervous feeling building in her.

"No, I think I saw you in the news...you're the mutants!" The cashier realizes.

"You've never heard of us in your life!" She commands, but it was too late as some people made their way in to check what the commotion was only to see the cashier's face go completely blank at Yuri's command.

"What did she just do to him?!?" A man asks in disbelief.

"That mutant must have hypnotized him!" One woman shouts in horror.

"Here we go again..." Yuri sighs to herself, already hearing the police sirens in the distance.

"This guy really called the cops on us?" The duck whines glaring at the cashier who was still under Yuri's control.

"Yah, go back to the lab you were created in, freaks!" One person in the crowd yells.

"What? That doesn't even make any sense!" Yuri yells back. While the hamster argues with the crowd, Yena sees something flying towards Yuri from the corner of her eye.

"Look out!" She warns as she zaps a metal soda can out of her girlfriend's way.

"Who threw that?" The once calm Yena asks the crowd. When no response comes, her hands light up with charged electricity and she yells louder.

"I said, who threw that?!?" The crowd seemingly takes a unified step back at that. Yuri, realizing this might get out of hand, puts a hand on Yena's shoulder to get her attention, but receives a slight zap instead. Before she could say anything else, one idiot from the crowd throws a bottle towards the duck and hits her...bad move.

Meanwhile outside, Hyewon and Eunbi were still refilling their van when they heard the sirens coming.

"What are the chances they're coming for us?" The leader asks out loud.

"Pretty high, I think we should speed things up before-" A bigger zap from the convenience store catches their attention. "-that...".

Eunbi opens the door of their van and gives orders to the three within before they could bombard her with questions. "If anything happens, drive off and regroup later. Chaewon, I'm counting on you." And with that, she shuts the door, Yujin and Wonyoung still not processing what was going on.

~~~~

"Stay back!" Yena shouts at the crowd. She'd blasted thunder at the ground hard, leaving a burn mark behind; now, she was mad.

"Yena, calm down!" Yuri tries to say, but Yena wasn't letting her guard down.

"I'm so tired of you guys hating us for no reason. We literally stopped a crime organization a couple months ago!" Yena yells exasperatedly.

"Yena! What on earth are you doing?" The voice of Eunbi cuts through the crowd as she and Hyewon make their way to the front. Yena blinks for a second, seeing the burn mark on the ground, and shakes her head realizing she may had gone a bit too far. As Yuri and Hyewon go over to her to check if she was okay, the leader turns towards the crowd.

"What is wrong with you people? Can't you just let them be? They were literally just buying food like any of you would. I'm not a mutant, but I don't treat them any different from other people; why can't any of you?" She chastises the crowd. Instead of empathy, all she heard back were jeers and yells, the most prominent being, "Traitor".

"What about that article online? Didn't you see how they were treated and experimented on? They're the victims, not the villains!"

"That could've easily been faked, especially if a mutant wrote it! They're just trying to make themselves look good." One woman argues. Eunbi didn't know what she would've said in reply to that crazy statement, but she wouldn't have gotten the chance because at that moment, the police arrive.

"Freeze!" The officer in charge orders while looking around. Yena tries to make a move, but Yuri whispers to her. "These are the police, dummy. We can't just attack them."

"Choi Yena and Jo Yuri, you are under arrest for previously reported acts of arson and murder as well as disturbance of public peace and vandalism committed today. Please put your hands in the air." The officer wasn't done though as he then turns to Eunbi and Hyewon. "You two are also under arrest for questioning."

"This isn't fair! We didn't murder anyone, and I didn't even start what happened here today. Someone threw something at my head!" Yena argues.

"I'm sorry young lady, but until proven innocent, you two are the number one suspects." He replies. "As for your second argument, you still caused damage to private property and unless you can pinpoint who threw that object, there's little we can do." Yena could only shake her head in disappointment as she and the others were handcuffed, the crowd throwing more insults as they walk out.

From outside the store, Chaewon, Yujin and Wonyoung could only watch in shock as their friends were walked to the police cruisers.

"Unnie, we have to help them!" Yujin urged Chaewon.

"You heard Eunbi-unnie though. We can't let ourselves be caught. We have to save them later." She replied.

"What's the plan then, unnie?" Wonyoung asks.

"Well, for starters, we have to get out of here..." The eldest says as she sees policemen inspecting all of the cars in the area. They were probably looking for their van to tow. Chaewon jumps to the driver's seat looking for the key to start the van. Alright, Chaewon, you failed your first driving test, so just treat this like practice for the next time. She thinks to herself just as she hears a knock on their window; she tentatively rolls down the window to see the face of an officer.

"Hello, miss. If you weren't aware, we just apprehended some mutants over there, and we're looking for their vehicle. Would you happen to have seen it?" He asks.

"Uhm, nope. I don't know what you're talking about. We just got here." Chaewon responds.

"Hmm, what's this van for if there're only three of you travelling?" The officer asks next after peering into the van and seeing two young girls in the back.

"Well, you see...our family lent it to us because it's our only car, and I wanted to bring these two on vacation! Nothing to worry about!"

"Okay, I guess just let me register your license just in case. We need to have all the witnesses from this commotion caused here."

"Oh, yeah, sure...It's right over here..." Chaewon says, making a big show out of looking through a backpack next to her while signaling Wonyoung, hoping she gets the cue. "Whoops, I think I misplaced it...Wonyoung now!" She says suddenly, and as she'd hoped, Wonyoung uses her telekinesis to shove the officer back. Chaewon then finally finds the keys of the van and books it out of the gas station before they could draw too much attention.

"Unnie! I thought you said you failed your driver's test!" Yujin screams, buckling Wonyoung and herself up as they zoom through the streets, clearly over the speed limit.

"Yeah, I did, but I don't think I had much of a choice!" The eldest responds. After a couple more minutes of high-speed driving, Chaewon finally finds a spot off-road where they can stop and regroup.

"So, how was my driving?" She asks, feeling like she did a pretty good job. Yujin felt otherwise though as the first thing she did once they stopped was get out of the car and vomit in the bushes.

"You did great, unnie..." Wonyoung replies, trying to be cheerful despite also feeling a bit nauseous. "So, how are we going to rescue the others? The cops are going to be looking out for us." The youngest says to change topic.

"Okay, so the four of them were likely taken to the closest police building there to be interrogated..." And with that, the trio begin planning for their next steps. Little did the youngest ones know that Chaewon's attention wasn't fully there at the moment.

~~~~

Daegu...

When Chaewon opens her eyes again, she was in a cold sweat despite the sun already being out. She had arrived at Daegu around midnight, and spent the night in a hotel room her mother had booked for her. Chaewon was initially against it, but her mother insisted that she must rest before doing anything rash. She also knew that she should stick to scouting around to make things easier for Eunbi and the others when they arrived for backup, so she eventually agreed. Most people would've enjoyed spending a night in a 5-star hotel, but all Chaewon could think about at night was what they could've been doing to Minjoo. She could actually see the building from where she was, the logo of Yujeonja Tech Solutions emblazoned on it. Somewhere in there, Minjoo was being held hostage.

Her anxiety had only gotten even worse that morning. Chaewon had decided to see how her clone had been doing back with the others, and was shocked to see Eunbi, Hyewon, Yena and Yuri being arrested. Now, she had to form a new plan with Wonyoung and Yujin that would surely take more time- time that Minjoo didn't have.

"Well, I guess it's just me, myself and I." Chaewon says to herself. She couldn't afford to waste more time. The others would just have to catch up. After taking a quick shower, she hails a taxi and heads for the building.

~~~~

Seoul...

"Okay, girls. We're here..." Chaeyeon says, turning back to look at her companions. She had explained the situation to Hitomi and Nako with Sakura, and the two younger girls' eyes lit up when they mentioned their friends being arrested. They had wanted to get to Seoul Police Station as quick as possible. Now, the four find themselves at their destination. Security was tight as there were many reporters and journalists trying to get in.

"You know the plan, right?" Sakura asks to which the three nod. In reality, the plan wasn't actually fairly complicated. Compared to their excursion at the HKT facility, the guards here weren't exactly equipped to hold mutants.

"Are you sure about this though? We might get into even more trouble if we break them out illegally." Hitomi says.

"Well, looking at what they charged them with, and how the principal is involved, I don't think they'll be getting out any time soon if we leave them be." Nako responds.

"Besides, if they don't see us, they'll never know more people were involved." Chaeyeon adds. Nako and Hitomi nod in understanding at the explanations.

"Alright, if we're all clear, let's go." Sakura announces, and the group splits.

~~~~

"I think I see it up ahead." Nako whispers after seeing the sign for the surveillance room. She and Sakura had been sneaking around quietly, with the older girl short-circuiting the cameras in their way. The goal though was to hack the whole system to let Chaeyeon and Hitomi make their move, and they couldn't do it without getting to the main control room.

Nako easily takes care of the guards inside, which gives Sakura a chance to get to work turning off the recording function for all the cameras.

"Okay, Chaeyeon-ah, we've disabled the surveillance. Yena and Eunbi are in interrogation rooms on the second and third floor right now while Hyewon and Yuri are in cells on the first floor." Sakura relays through their mental link.

"Understood Saku-chan. We'll let you know when we're out." Chaeyeon responds. Now, all the two had to do was settle in and wait for Chaeyeon's signal, but before they could, Nako notices something on one of the monitors.

"Saku-chan, is that who I think it is?" The short girl says while pointing at the screen. Sakura's eyes widen as she sees someone who looks like Yujin sneaking through the halls. She then turns to another monitor and sees Wonyoung levitating Chaewon in through an open window on the second floor of the police station. From the opposite side of the building, Hitomi and Chaeyeon could be seen sneaking in through the first floor with the latter using her speed to knock out the guard at the door.

"This is going to get a bit more complicated..." Sakura mumbles to herself.

~~~~

"For the last time, we didn't kill anyone at that apartment. We were there on a mission when we were ambushed by these other mutants. They burned down the place, not us. If you didn't notice, our powers aren't even fire related!" Yena explains again. It didn't seem like she was getting through to the investigator, and it didn't help that they wouldn't allow Yuri to speak at all because of her powers.

"Yes, we've heard you, but you still haven't explained what the mission was." The investigator states.

"It's complicated. We don't even really know what we were looking for." Yena interjects, but is ignored.

"Secondly, there were no eyewitnesses that reported seeing anyone other than you two. Unless you're saying they just magically disappeared." He continues.

"That's exactly what they did-" Yena tries again to no avail.

"-and third, as you generously demonstrated at the gas station, your lighting can be strong enough to burn marks into cement. It's plausible to assume you could've created that fire." He concludes.

"Why are you even asking me anything if you won't believe what I'm saying?" Yena asks, already running out of patience.

"Because we know there's something you're not saying. Your principal, Mr. Ahn, has already told us that you were in league with a terror group. If you come clean, the court may be more lenient towards you." The investigator tried to sound nice, but Yena knew he was just as prejudiced as all the other people they've met on their travels. She was half-contemplating on simply using her powers to break out knowing things probably couldn't get worse than it already is, but at that moment, the door began creaking open, revealing...no one.

"Hello? Who's there? I was told the interrogation would last another hour." The man says to the empty hall way. When no response comes, he reaches for something from his pocket, gripping it tightly.

"What's going on, sir? Can we please just get back to the questions so we can get out of here? We're kind of pressed for time..." Yena asks, trying rein in her annoyance and be polite. Instead of responding, the investigator throws what appeared to be a smoke bomb onto the ground just as a quick gust of wind blew into the room.

"What the..." Yena says while grabbing at her head. She recognized this feeling...it was the power neutralizing gas from Myeong-dong. "What are you trying to pull?" She shouts, but what she got in response was a chuckle.

"Mr. Ahn told us you would have some friends showing up..." He says as the gas parts to reveal...

"Chaeyeon?!?" Yena says confused when she sees her friend who was supposedly in Japan coughing and on the ground. At this point, Yena couldn't tell if it was the gas making her hallucinate or if it was really her.

"So, you two do know each other. Well, I guess I'll add attempting to escape police custody to the charges. Guards, take these two away!" The investigator says with a laugh, but that slowly fades when no one walks through the door, much to his confusion.

"Guards? Where in the world are you people?" He asks out loud.

"Right here!" A young voice shouts as two unconscious guards fly straight into the investigators face, and knocking him out. The owner of the voice then walks through the door, and Yena was shocked yet again.

"Wonyoung??" The duck says aloud.

"Yeahp, it's me, unnie! Someone knocked out a bunch of guards, so I just followed the trail to here!" The youngest member of their group greets with the enthusiasm you wouldn't expect from a person who just broke into a police station. Yena had so many questions but, the sound of someone coughing interrupts them.

"Wait, Chaeyeon-unnie, is that really you?" Wonyoung asks, rushing over to her friend.

"Yeah...we got back this morning...nice job using the guards I knocked out as projectiles." The feather girl says with a chuckle, trying to gather her bearings. "Anyway, I think we should get out of here already, Sakura and Nako can't stay in the security room forever. We'll be noticed soon."

"What about Yuri, Hyewon-unnie and Eunbi-unnie?" Yena asks.

"They'll be fine. Hii-chan's got it covered." Chaeyeon responds.

"Oh, Yujin-unnie and Chaewon-unnie are doing that too." Wonyoung adds.

"Alright then, I don't think our powers will return for another couple hours, Chaeyeon, so we gotta be careful. We should avoid fighting if we can." Yena says, and with that, the three are off.

~~~~

Over in another room, Eunbi was also busy arguing with an investigator. She'd been trying to convince her that they were fighting for a good cause to no avail thus far.

"Why won't you believe in them? They're people too!" She yelled.

"Whether that's true or not, it doesn't change how they are dangerous to let run around in society unsupervised. We have laws for people carrying guns around, so why aren't there laws for people who could literally burn down buildings and hypnotize people? They have no accountability for their actions!" The investigator argues back.

"There wouldn't be a reason to fear them if you just gave them a chance. Of course, they'll feel threatened if they have a target on their backs 24/7."

"I'm sorry, but we just can't take those chances. Your principal has already given his approval on having you four and whoever else you're in league with registered as criminals on our databases." This sudden bombshell causes Eunbi's eyes to widen in shock.

"Excuse me, he what? How could you believe him? He hasn't even been our principal for a week!"

"Be that as it may, your previous principal, Mr. Seunggi, has been off the grid since we've tried to reach him, which makes him a suspect as well. Don't make this any harder on yourself. If you tell us more information, you might actually be able to get off free-" That last statement caused something to snap in Eunbi as she lunged across the table and punched her investigator in the jaw.

"If you're going to punish them, you better punish me equally..." Eunbi says.

"That...can be arranged." The officer says, wiping blood off . "Guards!"

This call, similar to what had happened on the floor above, fell on deaf ears as no one came to help. Instead, the doors open to reveal Yujin who used her abilities to burst the water dispenser across the room and push the investigator into the wall, knocking her out.

"Oh, Yujin! Thanks for the save!" Eunbi shouts as she runs up to her younger friend and embraces her.

"Unnie...I thought we wouldn't be able to save you..." Yujin says quietly, trying to hide a sniffle.

"It's okay, Yujin-ah. You did a wonderful job. Now, where're the others?" The older girl asks.

"They...went to get Yena, Yuri and Hyewon. Chaewon told us to meet back behind the police station when we got who we were assigned to save."

"That's great. Let's not keep them waiting then." Eunbi says as she takes Yujin's hand and pulls her along as they run for the exit.

~~~~

"Yuri, you should save your energy. We can't understand what you're saying with that muzzle on." Hyewon tells her friend who was locked in another cell. Yuri could only huff in annoyance. She understood that her charm-speak was a threat, but this was really going a bit too far. It reminded her way too much of her past.

"I know you think this is going too far, but I do understand where they're coming from. You did hypnotize the cashier at the gas station to try to get away..." The older girl says, as if reading the hamster's mind. The younger girl could only sigh in response.

With Eunbi and Yena being questioned at the moment, the two could only sit around and watch the news being played on the monitor outside their cells. Right now, it was showing Principal Ahn being interviwed by a reporter and going on about how he was so sorry for letting his students run wild in the city which was just complete nonsense to them.

"That sly weasel." Hyewon says under her breath. "What's his game plan? He threw us under the bus the first chance he got...He's definitely hiding something in Daegu if he doesn't want us to go."

"Hey, you. Be quiet in there." The guard warns, whacking his baton on the jail bars.

"Or, what? You'll be frozen before you even get a swing off." The ice girl taunts back.

"Why you..." The guard tried to put on an intimidating stance, but Hyewon could see the baton shaking in his hand, and it wasn't because of the cold. She would've stopped there, but from the corner of her eye, she noticed some movement.

"Just let us out already. You guys are investigating the wrong people." She continues, trying to distract.

"We have all the evidence we need. You and whoever else is in your little group are going to spend a long time behind bars."

"Maybe, but not today..." Hyewon says with a smirk, and at that moment, a vine grabs hold of the guard's leg and pulls him up to the ceiling with a yelp.

"Way to make an entrance, Hii-chan. It's been a while." The older girl greets as their familiar peach-cheeked friend waltzed into the room. She puts her hand up and the jail keys fall onto it after her vines pickpocket the guard who was now wrapped up.

"Thanks, unnie. I missed you too!" She replies with a smile while unlocking the cells. Before they could begin catching up though, a yell is heard coming from the other hall as a trio of Chaewon's runs in ready to fight.

"Don't worry, girls! I'll save you!" She shouts loudly, only to become confused when she sees Yuri and Hyewon already free. She'd gotten in through the second floor, but had actually gotten lost while looking for the jail cells.

"Wait, Hii-chan???" She exclaims when she notices their friend.

"Speaking of making an entrance..." Yuri says while giggling, feeling relieved to finally be able to talk freely again.

"Hey, we haven't seen Hii-chan for two months. Why don't we talk about her and forget about the last 30 seconds?" Chaewon says quickly, merging her clones back into one.

"Actually, why don't we save that for after we get out of here?" Hitomi interjects with a laugh. She really missed these interactions with the others, but she knew time was of the essence.

"Alright, before we go though, I got to take care of the guard." Yuri says. Hitomi seems to understand what she was implying and lets the guard back down on the ground who immediately begins shouting.

"Yah! I'll call the rest of the guards on you! I'll call my superiors! I'll-" Before he could finish his last threat, Yuri cut him off.

"You don't remember anything about us. We were never here, and you were just doing your patrol. Do you understand?" She commands.

"Yes, ma'am." The guard responds, slowly nodding.

"Okay, we're good here." Yuri says with satisfaction.

"Kkura-chan just told me where we can meet. They already met up with Eunbi and Yujin, so they're on their way. Yena, Wonyoung and Chaeyeon have already left as well." Hitomi relays, and with that, the group of four make their escape through the back exit.

~~~~

After a couple minutes of walking, the group finally arrives at the rendezvous point, an alleyway behind an apartment complex. From the distance where they came, they could already hear the sounds of sirens. It appeared the police had finally realized that their prisoners escaped.

"There they are!" Yena cheers as she sees Yuri's group arrive. The duck then runs up to the hamster to give her a hug.

"I was this close to running back over there and breaking you out myself." The older girl whispers in Yuri's ear, causing her to blush. The others could only gag at their P.D.A.

"Wow, unnie. No hugs for me?" Hyewon teases to Eunbi. Meanwhile, Hitomi and Nako look at each other awkwardly before the latter offers her a fist-bump with a smile. Chaewon was happy about everyone finally meeting up again, but she could feel time running out.

"Hey, uh, girls. I know it's great to catch up, but we still need to get to Daegu, A.S.A.P." She says urgently.

"Yes, Sakura actually filled us in on what could be going on there while we were waiting for you. Kkura, could you run that by us again now that we're all here?" Eunbi asks.

"Okay, so we heard from Gaeun-unnie that you were heading to Daegu to save Minjoo. From one of our missions, we found out that the lab in Daegu is connected to a bigger one located on Jeju Island, and the new principal that was assigned recently is the person running both of them. He was also one of the main funders for the anti-mutant group we fought in Busan that created the gas that they used on our friends to attack us. According to our data, they're running projects to capture mutants and replicate their D.N.A to create copies that will follow their commands without the need for that weapon." Sakura explains.

"The gas? The thing that enhanced abilities? That must've been what they used on those ITZY members..." Yujin guesses.

"ITZY? Who are they?" Chaeyeon asks. Before Yujin could reply, Eunbi cuts in.

"That's another story, but basically they're the ones who kidnapped Minjoo." The eldest says, not wanting to have to explain to Chaeyeon that her sister was involved just yet.

"So, what's been holding them back from using this cloning technology instead of the mind-control gas they used before?" Hyewon asks.

"It said through their emails that they were experiencing complications with getting the clones to sustain themselves. The tests say that a clone would simply dissolve on itself after a couple minutes. It appears they are missing a genome that could keep the clones alive as independent organisms." Sakura replies causing the group to go a bit silent.

"What are you guys looking at me for?" Chaewon asks until she realizes the implications of Sakura's information. "Oh...that's not good."

"What do you mean? We just have to make sure that you aren't captured when we go save Minjoo." Sakura says. "Honestly, I would rather have you stay out of this mission entirely, but they might track you down separately if you aren't with us."

"Let's just say that I'm pulling a 'Yena' right now..." Chaewon mumbles.

"Yah! I warned you about going through with that plan! Also, pulling a 'Yena'? Really?" The duck quacks back in response.

"Wait a minute, you knew and didn't tell us?" Eunbi asks.

"I did say I warned her!" She says defensively before turning to Chaewon.

"Chaewon, what's your clone doing right now?" At this question, the brunette realized that she had been so focused on this mission that she hadn't checked in on her clone for a couple hours. When she closes her eyes, she was shocked to see Minjoo's face. They were running out of the labs with guards chasing after them. Minjoo then cloaked them in invisibility and they managed to get away.

"Damn, I'm pretty good..." She says to herself, forgetting everyone was waiting for her reply.

"Excuse me?" The leader interjects.

"We made it out..." Chaewon says with relief. "Just gonna need to make it back here to Seoul."

"I can handle that." Chaeyeon proposes. "I'll be able to carry you back one by one. It'll take a couple minutes if I go top speed. Just tell me your location...and maybe prepare a barf bag." Chaewon then proceeds to give her the name of the hotel she stayed at and the speedster ran off.

"This will be quite the story to explain, but I swear you give me the worst heart attacks." Eunbi says before pulling Chaewon's ear.

"Whew, with all the antics we pull, Eunbi-unnie's hair might go white soon..." Yena whispers to Yuri.

"I heard that!" The eldest chides as she pulls Yena's ear as well.

"Yah, unnie! That hurts! I'm sorry!" They both whine as the others share a laugh. IZ*ONE would be whole again soon.

~~~~

Daegu...

"Okay, Min. Chaeyeon-unnie's on the way." Chaewon says to the girl next to her. They had finally arrived at Chaewon's hotel after running for what felt like hours.

"That's a relief..." Minjoo says back. "I really missed you, Chae. Thanks for saving me..." The two then sat in silence for a while, with Chaewon reminiscing the past couple hours. Wow, Chaewon. You really outdid yourself this time. She thinks, mentally patting herself on the back. Little did she know that in the distance, someone was still watching.

"Targets being tracked, sir." The voice whispers through a com-link.

"Good, just keep an eye on them for now. We got what we wanted." A man's voice replies.

~~~~