He Takes Care of You

bakugo x reader oneshots

As I attempt to rise from the cot in Recovery Girl's room, Bakugo's hands lay be back down. "You're way too damn reckless, you know that?Because you just had to jump in front of me like that, you got hurt. And now I'm stuck here in Recovery Girl's office. "he says. I look at him apolegetically. "Don't look at me like that, it's your own fault for trying to protect me. He wasn't going to hurt me. I could've blown his up. He could take it.". I tense up a bit, only to wonder why I'm suddenly tense. I never get tense around Bakugo, I usually get a warm feeling around him. I snap back to reality when he starts to talk again, "Just... Don't get in my way again, got it? Ugh, where the hell is the nurse? Whatever, I'll just stay here and she can come help you when she shows up." I start to feel bad for ruining his battle against Deku. He was doing fine, but I just started to get too worried. So I flung myself in front of him and got hit in the head by Deku's fists. Suddenly, he grabs my hand in his and squeezes tightly. "There, you good? Just, don't get in between us again, 'k? That was stupid as hell, use your damn brain next time. Lay here until the nurse gets here, don't damn move." I nod in response, too weak to talk. He seems to notice my weakness, and stops holding my hand so tightly. He starts to get up, "I'm going back to the training room, I'm sure she'll show up soon." Before he can leave, I grab his hand. "Huh? Let go of me." he says. I get up the strength to talk. "Please, stay here with me.". He turns toward me and sighs. "You really want me to stay with you? I mean, why? I'm the one who did this to you, I'm the reason you're here. I don't even like looking at you right now." He pauses for a second. "I-feel bad for hurting you. Even if it was your fault for getting between me and damn Deku. You're really dense, you know? Jumping in front of someone without even thinking... You know what? Whatever, I'll stay with you." I squeak out a quiete thank you. He sits back down on the end of the cot. "Look, I'm sorry. You obviously weren't his target, or my shield. And don't think about giving me that 'you need to control your anger' crap that everyone elses spouts about me. I obviously know that. And I'm trying, ok?" I nod again, putting my hand on top of his. "It's not even your place to jump in like that anyways. Hurting you was the last thing I wanted to do..." he pauses once more, then speaks again. "Look, you're... my damn friend, and I think you're worthy of being a hero. You're not some week idiot like Deku. You should only look at me, damn it!" I look him staright in the eyes, and attempt to speak. "I know." He looks down, as if he wants to say something important. "I-I just... I want you to myself." I prop myself up with pillows and hug him. "Hugging me suddenly? You think hugging me is gonna solve everything? C'mon, get off of me. " I refuse to let go and tighthen my grip. "Fine. Don't then. I don't care. You're so damn stubborn. Look I'm sorry." He pauses. "It doesn't matter anymore. All that matters now is that you get better. So I'll stay with you until Recovery Girl gets here." He ruffles my hair softly. "Why are you even so damn nice to me?" I force myself into his arms. "Get off, you need to lay down. Just rest, got it?". I protest, "I'm fine. It's okay, I promise. Just a few scaratches." He sighs, then squeezes my hand. "I'm glad your okay. Know that I admire you. I don't know what it is with you, but-There's just something about you. Something that draws me in. I don't even know what I'm saying any more, I just...I want to keep fighting with you by my side. I don't know what this feeling is...Or why I'm even telling you this. Just, know that I care about you. A lot. I'm going to go find the nurse. Will you be okay here on your own for a few minutes?" I tell him I'll be okay, he just smiles. "I'll go find her and send her here. I'll come back when you feel better." I wave goodbye and close my eyes. 

A few hours later:

"Hey. Hey! Wake up! Feel better now? You were asleep for a couple of hours, I came back after the nurse fixed you and you were out like a light. I was going to wait for you to wake up, but you took too damn long. I have something to tell you." He shakes me awake. I listen intently to his voice. "Alright listen up. Cuz I'm only going to say this once. I did a lot of thinking while I was waiting for you to wake up, and... I like you. I really do. I like you alot, and I don't know how to damn deal with it. When I look at you, I feel like my chest tighthens up. Whenever you talk to me, I feel like all my emotions are running me over. I barely know how to keep my damn cool around you. It's so damn weird. I like being with you. I like having you next to me. I like when we study toghther, when we spend time toghther, when we train toghther. I don't get it. I don't understand it, I don't get the feeling that I can't control." He sighs and pauses. "There. I told you. Don't tell anyone this or I'll-" Before he can finish I grab him in my arms as tight as my body will allow me to. "Hugging me again? Fine. Come here. This is so damn confusing. I never felt like this for anyone before. I don't get it. Anyways, class is over for the day. Want me to walk you home?" I smile, "You don't have to do that." He rolls his eyes, "I know I don't have to, I want to. Besides, I want to make sure you don't die on your way home or something. Alright, well, get up." I stand up wobbly. Worry washes over Bakugo's face, "Lets get going then. C'mon. Here, take my hand. Don't overwork yourself, lean on me if you have to. You'll be alright, I won't let anyone hurt you."