Flirtatious Drunks

Wanted Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flirtatious Drunks

Kai worked in the café. It was a beautiful Saturday morning and the guests slowly started to show up. His mind was still off, and he could not concentrate well. He bumped into chairs, dropped cups and plates. His sister had asked him if he felt sick or needed the day off, but the waiter did not want to stay at home. Since being alone made him brood about Taemin’s words over and over again. Even now, Kai blushed because he had to think of the handsome senior.

Around noon, Chanyeol entered the café with a plastic bag and walked to the register to give it to Kai’s sister. He had bought them meal. He then ordered iced coffee to go. He needed to hurry back to help at the café of his father.

“How was the match yesterday?” Kai asked his friend as he prepared his drink, “Have you talked to senior Minho?”

Chanyeol sighed and told him that they had lost the game, but solely because their goalie got injured, and they had to replace him by a player who became too nervous.

“Other than that, it was amazing.” the athletic student added and tapped his fingers on the bar, “I’ve apologized of course. I told him why I acted that way and he took it lightly. So, yeah we are on good terms.”

The boy smiled to both ears. Kai put the lid on the cup and gave the drink to his friend. He thanked for the meal that he brought them and did not charge the boy for the iced coffee. Chanyeol raised his hand with the cup in it and nodded thankfully. Before he left the place, he told Kai that they were going to the arcade later, and he needed to be on time, so that they could play a new game. Kai showed him a thumb up with a sweet smile and his friend left.

“Yah! If anyone drops out, I’ll unfriend you!”

It was a text in their group chat written by Chanyeol. The boy wanted to make sure that no one would decline later. Chen sent a photo of him with a thumb down, as he was not as much into gaming as the other members. They would always beat him, and he would not enjoy it a lot. Xiumin sent a photo of himself putting up his thumb with Chen in the background. He was indicating that he would drag his buddy to the arcade for sure. Kyungsoo added a smiley, Baekhyun sent a thumbs up and Sehun responded with a heart to his roommate’s message. Kai quickly replied with a thumbs up and put his phone away to welcome another guest that had approached the bar.

“I’ll take a cosmic latte doughnut, please.” Taemin ordered and put his arm on the bar, “And juice.”

Kai clenched his lips and turned away quickly. He had avoided the senior for the rest of the week because he felt nervous and irritated. He fidgeted and gulped with his gaze fixed on the coffee machines.

“Yah.” Taemin said with a rough voice, “Could you please hurry up? I’ve got to meet someone.”

Kai shook his head and hurried to the juice bar. He picked up a cup and could not recall what exactly the handsome player had ordered. He turned around and cleared his throat awkwardly.

“What- What juice do you want?” he asked the senior.

Taemin bent over the bar and smirked.

“How about your juice?” he said confidently.

Kai dropped the cup, while Taemin chuckled to the younger boy’s reaction.

“Come on, hurry.” he commanded and rested his head in his right palm, as he watched the sun-kissed waiter pick up the cup with shaky hands, “You look stunning in that uniform.”

Kai blushed to his words. Taemin was speeding up with attempts to make the younger boy give up. Kai disposed of the cup and took a new one, then he faced Taemin again and asked him about the juice once more. The handsome player bit his lower lip, lifted his left brow, and glanced down at the waiter’s crotch. Kai frowned in frustration and sulked.

“Stop it. Just, tell me what you want already.” he requested a little furious over the senior’s flirtatious attitude.

“I told you, I want a cosmic latte doughnut.” Taemin leaned over the bar and smiled at the nervous waiter, “The doughnut represents you, and I want juice. Yours.”

Kai instantly grabbed Taemin’s neck and covered the senior’s mouth with his hand. He feared that somebody would hear the annoying player talk like that to another male. To him. He was scared that Jungah would get wind of him talk like that. He certainly did not need another misunderstanding. Taemin looked the boy deep in the eyes, smiled and suddenly the palm of Kai, which still covered his full lips. The junior immediately pulled back his hand, while the other one smirked.

“Mhhm, a little salty.” Taemin stated with a lightly blushed face and touched his tongue, “I like it.”

Kai clenched his teeth tightly and hissed. He turned away and poured orange juice into the cup, grabbed the wished doughnut, and put it in a paper bag, before he handed it over to the senior.

“Now leave.” the boy said with a tense voice.

Taemin looked at the things that he had ordered, intentionally brushed Kai’s hands before he took the paper bag and cup. He put the cup down and rummaged in his pockets for the money.

“Just take it and leave.” Kai pressured him to go, “I won’t charge you.”

Taemin looked up from his pocket and grinned cocky.

“I’ll charge at you anytime you want.” he countered and handed him the money.

Kai sighed. He had enough of Taemin’s ual innuendo. He grabbed the money, looked for the change and pressed it aggressively into the palm of the senior.

“Oh, what a firm grip…”, Taemin kept making ual references, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

He then smiled at the boy and turned away to finally go. The bell rang loudly as he opened the door and left the warm café with a proud smirk. Kai sighed and wiped the beads of sweat on his forehead with the back of his hand. Since that risky sticky kiss, Kai had imaginations and dreams about the senior. Kai the tap to pour a glass of water. He drank it hastily and grabbed the sink to take in a deep breath. He sighed in relief, now that the handsome player was gone.

“Jongin! Two iced americano please!” his sister commanded from a table.

Kai instantly straightened himself and nodded. He forced a smile as he needed to serve the guests with a friendly face while he worked at Kamong. It felt difficult to keep a bright smile.

꧁༺ ༻꧂

At the arcade, the boys had gathered in the basement and waited for Kai to show up. There was a pool table downstairs. The gaming area upstairs was packed, therefore they had decided to play pool instead. Xiumin had brought bottles of Soju too.

“Okay, everyone. Just make sure to drink as much as you can handle.” Xiumin warned his friends and picked up a cue.

Chen sat on the sofa and looked through some CDs to decide on what music they would listen to.

“Who uses CDs these days?” Baekhyun said and plugged his phone to the speakers, “Let me put on spotify.”

Sehun grabbed a cue too, while Chanyeol placed the pool balls. Kyungsoo watched his friends start playing. Now that Baekhyun had turned up his playlist of ‘Rain’, he was ready to join the others. They played two versus two for a while. Chanyeol and Baekhyun against Xiumin and Sehun. The cue ball, the white one, ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter