Prologue First Love

Light

Stella (narration): People say that it’s hard to forget your first love.

I remember my first love.

It all started in 2008 when my father got a job in Thailand-

 

Summer of 2008

Bangkok Airport

 

*Stella and her parents arrive at the airport and they get greeted by a Thai family.

 

BamBam’s mom: Sawadee kaa

 

Stella’s dad: Sawadee kaap

 

BamBam’s dad: Sawadee kaap. You must be the Bhuwakul family.

 

BamBam’s mom: Yes yes we are. Welcome to Thailand. 

 

*Stella tugs on her dad’s sleeve

 

Young Stella: Appa, who are they?

 

Stella’s dad: Why, honey, they are the family that will take good care of us while we’re here.

We’re homestaying at their house. 

 

Stella: Homestay? *hides behind her father*

 

*BamBam’s parents chuckle

 

BamBam’s dad: Don’t be shy, dear. It’s okay. We won’t bite.

Come. Come say hello to your new friend. Meet my son, BamBam.

 

*Young Stella takes BamBam’s mom’s hand and follows her to where Young BamBam was sitting. He was on the bench playing video games on his Nintendo DS.

 

BamBam’s mom: BamBam, honey, meet Stella.

 

*Young BamBam looks up from his iPod and makes eye contact with Young Stella. He smiles softly at her.

 

Young BamBam: Do you want to join me? I need an opponent for my next game. *hands her an extra DS*

 

Young Stella: *nods shyly* Sure *sits down beside Young BamBam and plays mobile games with him*

 

*Young Stella laughs enjoying the company of her new friend and for the first time, she could feel her heart skipping a beat.

 

Stella (narration): That’s when my heart started to beat for my new friend in Thailand-

 

*As the years pass by, she grew closer to BamBam, and they became the best of friends, as well as her feelings for him, grew more and more until one day changed her life forever-

 

April 2014

 

*The bell rings for the end of the school day. Stella heads out of the building with her friends talking and laughing with them. Just then BamBam approaches her by throwing a basketball at her face. She catches it in time and looks at him.

 

Stella: What was that for?

 

BamBam: You do know that we have a basketball game this weekend?

 

Stella: Yeah so?

 

BamBam: I want you to come to watch us play. 

 

Stella: But you know that I don’t like sports. Besides watching them isn’t my thing.

 

BamBam: I know but this weekend is our junior championship game.

If I win this game, it could change my life.

Besides I could use a lucky charm.

 

Stella: I don’t know, BamBam, I-

 

BamBam: Come on nuna, please for me.

 

*Stella hesitates for a bit for a while before she nods.

 

Stella: Alright, alright, one game won’t hurt, right?

 

*BamBam cheers in joy and hugs her tight.

 

BamBam: Thank you, thank you, nuna, it means a lot to me!! *smiles widely*

 

Later at the game…

 

*Stella watches the basketball game with her friends. She enjoys her time enjoying the game and she was falling harder for BamBam. He looked so graceful playing basketball. The way he dribbled the ball and scored the hoop got her mesmerized. Stella puts a hand on her chest as she could feel her heart racing. 

 

Stella’s mind: I don’t know why I’m like this but-

But I think you’re the reason why.

 

*In the end, their school won against the other school. Stella jumps up and down screaming in joy.  Just then BamBam walks in Stella’s direction, smiles at her while holding her hand and pulls her into the middle of the gym. Stella gets flustered by his sudden action.

 

Stella: W-W-What are you doing?

 

BamBam: Nuna, I wanted to say this to you for a long time.

I had feelings for you since the first day we met but I never found the courage to say it until now.

Will you please be my girlfriend?

 

*Stella gets flustered and her face turns tomato red. 

 

Stella: *covers with her hands* I don’t know what to say.

 

Crowd: Say yes! X4

 

*Stella hesitates for a bit but she looks up at him and nods shyly. Just then BamBam leans in and slams his lips against hers earning cheers from the crowd. 

 

Saturday…

 

*Stella heads to Grace Cafe the place where she promised to meet BamBam for their first date together as a couple. She sees BamBam a crosswalk away. She waves to him. BamBam sends her a text message.

 

BamBam: Looking forward to my day with you.

 

Stella: Me too.

 

*Stella squeals and puts her phone to her chest smiling happily. 

 

*The lights turn green and as they cross the street to meet each other, the lights suddenly turn back red. Stella panics and calls out to him. But before they knew it, a car passes by and hits BamBam. He flies onto the air and lands on the ground bleeding. Stella runs to him screaming.

 

Stella: No… no… please don’t die on me, BamBam!

Please…

NOOO!!!

 

*Soon everything turns black

 

Later that day…

 

*Stella sobs as she admires the picture of her and him together at the funeral home.

 

Stella: Why did you have to suddenly leave me like that?

Why?

You’re the only one I love.

 

*Stella crouches onto the ground bawling her eyes out.