Taemin

Once Upon a Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TAEMIN

It’s cold outside, and everything is dark. The moon isn’t shining enough to reach through the canopy of the trees. The forest is too dense. I move each leg warily, afraid of stepping on something that will make me lose my balance.

I have trouble controlling my breathing and I feel weak. All of this is becoming too much. I feel like this exit was a decoy for the real path I should have taken. This forest leads to nowhere.

I just want all of this to be over. I’ve fought enough. I don’t know what I want. But I swear to myself I would accept anything if it means it’s getting me out of here.

I don’t how long I walk. I don’t even know if I walk in a straight line or in circles, but as I look over my shoulder, I can’t find the bar again. There’s nothing around me. 

Until there’s a light. Right at the horizon, in a meadow, there is a bright light shining. I can feel a warmth spread through my chest, and I really hope this is what I was looking for. No more decoys and detours. As I approach it, certainty settles in my gut. This is the path I’m supposed to be on.

The light is in fact a big fire, and there’s a shape right in front of it. I stop for a second, because I recognize it instantly. It’s the same shape as at the bar. Except that this time it’s not made out of a liquid. It’s made out of someone—Minho.

I say the name out loud as I think of it, and the man turns around to look at me, a gentle smile on his face. I don’t know why, but I smile back instantly, a feeling of peace invading my body.

“I’ve been waiting for you, Taemin,” Minho says gently and reaches out his hand to cup my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter