CHAPTER FOUR

Sweet Sugar

It’s been two weeks since she hasn't met with her "sugar daddy" and she’s nearly finished with her mid-semester break.

She wears a white collared long sleeved shirt, and black slacks.She tied her hair into ponytails and grabbed her tote bag. "Siyeon, I’ll go first!"

Her best friend is laying on the bed, still asleep. "Hmm, Yea..." She mumbles as she tosses her body to the other side of the bed.

 

Today is her last day of part-time working in a cafe. She’s been working her off, according to her "daddy," as she should. She knew she should have done it before she looked for a sugar daddy, but the realisation hit her when the man said so.

Siyeon, on the other hand, as mentioned before, is a very rich lady, so she doesn't need to sweat herself to get extra money.

 

Once she arrives at the cafe, she greets her coworker and quickly settles down before the cafe starts to get hectic.

 

 

About an hour or so later, people start coming in, and the cafe is getting hectic as it is Saturday. "Welcome! What can I get for your order?" She greets her happily as she should, although she starts to feel slightly tired because she’s been standing at the cashier for two hours without sitting.

"Get me an iced Americano and one sugar baby bun." Eunji widens her eyes when she looks up to see who’s in front of her. Luckily, the last request was mentioned secretly, so people would know that she has a daddy.

"Name please."

"Jaehyun or "daddy." He lowered his voice when he said "daddy," and honestly, Eunji is freaking out and nervous because how come he’s here? Of all the cafes in Seoul.

 

Jaehyun gives the card that Eunji used to pay her debt to pay for the coffee. Eunji actually noticed that, and she hopes Jaehyun doesn’t notice that. "Thank you." She gives back the card, but Jaehyun leaves it be as he waits at the next counter to take his order.

"Wait, sir. Your card. " To her luck, the cafe’s manager helped her pass the card back to its owner.

And Jaehyun is not satisfied with it.

 

Once he gets the order, he sits in the corner and fishes out his phone. He's calling Eunji, who’s currently working.

 
 

"What time do you finish your work?" Eunji quickly looks at Jaehyun and shakes her head, refusing whatever idea that he has. But Jaehyun glares at her.

"Fine." She sighs. "Nine."

"Too late. Come out now." He pretends to end the call and he looks satisfied with Eunji's look.

"What the hell? I just got here a few hours ago. Besides, today is my last day here. Can’t you wait?"

He sighs. "Baby, what's the point of having me as your daddy, and by now, I mean now."

 

Eunji ends the call and continues her work after leaving it to her colleague for a while.

 

"Ms. Heejin, you are dismissed early for today, and thank you for your great work." The manager, out of nowhere, says and replaces her spot with the girl earlier.

She looked for the man and saw Jaehyun smiling satisfactorily. 'This .'

 
 

"Why did you do that?" She groans.

"The cafe is mine, baby." He smirks, and she should’ve known. "Whatever the situation, I’m not going to take back the card."

"Says who?"

 

After Eunji does not respond to him, Jaehyun smiles. He caresses her hair and talks softly to her. "Daddy just wants to take his baby out."

 
 
 

Upon arriving at a restaurant, Eunji was nearly confused by his actions. Jung's dad, Jaehyun, is actually opening the door, just like a gentleman for her. The world is currently evolving. "Okay, you’re getting weird."

"Weirdly handsome I must say." He smirks, placing his hand on Eunji’s back.

 

After he ordered the food for both of them, Jaehyun looked at Eunji. "Don’t stare at me like that. You creeping me out."  Eunji scrunched her face, looking elsewhere.

Jaehyun softly chuckles. "Sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I realise we still don't know each other even after half month."

 

"Look, I don’t want to meddle in your relationship, so I think it is better if I don’t."

"We had a deal and I forget what I said. I thought you would be the same as my other sugar babies." Jaehyun sighs, smiling meekly at the girl. Eunji notices how different he looks with such smile. Normally, he has a smirk on his face, but now he appears... gentle.

"She’s just a fling."

Eunji frowns, wondering why her sugar daddy would want to explain it to her.