Kill me Love

Love War: 3015

Julian's POV:

Ratatat! 

Ratatat!

Boom! 

Ratatat! 

Ratatat!

I was livid as I stood in the front lines and fired at the enemies. If it was possible, I wanted to declare a fist fight with these Chinese Men hit them in their faces! How dare them launch a war against us, we the people of Korea are peace loving people although if you provoke us we would fight back. This is why I am here in the first place, my name is Julian Choi a 3 - Star General of the Korean Army from the 17th Infantry Division of Ground Operations Command our team is more commonly known as 'LIGHTNING'. We are the front line fighters for the third world war. I handle One Battalion which is composed of 500 Soldiers. I was known to lead by example, that was why instead of sitting and giving commands, I was out here firing at the enemies. But there was one more reason why I am doing this. You see, fighting these Chinese Soldiers off our land is a death wish, I have recently lost my will to live and to love, my heart numb from a recent affair I had. 

Yes, I was in love with another woman, younger and capable of so many things. The President of Korea, Her Excellency Miss Hyunri Park. Hyunri was Korea's Youngest President at age 25, but she won the presidency because she was a charismatic young woman. Her ideals resonated with the whole republic, which is why she won by a million votes. She was the youngest to run for Presidency. She was a genius, a lawyer at the age of 19. She ran for Senator and then eventually President of the republic.

I was assigned to be her bodyguard, but because of this Third World War, I am reassigned to the field to fight off the invading chinese army. We promised to survive the war and eventually be together and settle down. However an allied leader who we shall call by the name of Akihito Yamazawa, the Emperor of Japan, leader of the Allied Union against China.

I was snapped out of my reverie when someone pulled me down from behind. Colonel Sky Han, who leads the second company of my Battalion.

"Ma'am, be careful. We have another day to fight tomorrow." She said rather worriedly.

"Colonel, I am ready to die anytime now if that's what my country needed." I said as I took cover and reloaded ammo on my machine gun.

"Not on the President's watch, ma'am. Especially not like a mad woman, you were aimlessly shooting earlier, a sniper almost got you in the head ma'am." She said.

Sky Han was a fellow body guard, we were on the same class of Cadets who trained for the South Korean Army. She was a lipstick lesbian like me. She knew about the affair the president and I had. She said she knew by the way I looked at Hyunri, according to Sky the way I looked at Hyunri is almost longing, almost special if you will. She claims that Hyunri also looked at me the same way, when ever there are Presidential Appearances scheduled. 

"Colonel Han, Thank you for saving me. But I don't think I'm worthy of the save." I said to her as I went back to shooting the enemies. 

Ratatat!

Ratatat!

Ratatat!

Ratatat!

Boom! 

I took cover because someone was aiming a grenade launcher to my face. 

"Hahahahaha! Damn Colonel, that grenade went above my head." I said laughing at Colonel Han. 

She shook her head, disappointed at me before she goes up from her cover. Colonel Han was not only an assault gunner, she was also trained in sniping. I watched as she fired three shots before taking cover again.

"Got rid of three grenade launchers, you may fire now Ma'am." She said to me. 

Then we were bombed by an airplane a few hundred feet away. Colonel Han and I witnessed as half of our troops ran for cover. We were thankful that no one got hurt. Then out of nowhere three of our fighter planes hovered above as they chase after the enemy planes. 

The war front line was harsh, I have seen countless of Koreans die on the daily. For the last year alone. Colonel Han's friends died just a month ago, she was the only one left from their company. I belonged to the Alpha Company during my Training for the Ground Command Team, meanwhile Colonel Han belonged to the Alpha Company of Korean Special Forces or Black Berets as we call them. The squad had two Companies, Alpha trained for Sniping and ground operations and Bravo Company trained for aerial combat and air operations.

More gunshots are heard overhead, cross firing between our troops. Colonel Han and our Battalion moved forward. I lost track of the time, how long have we been firing at each other? More importantly, Images of Hyunri and Emperor Akihito plagued my mind, the way he looked at Hyunri during that live telecast announcing relief for the country. I was raging mad, who wouldn't be? But how could I blame Hyunri? Her intent was to get this year long war over.

We have talked about this, a few months back, that she needed an ally. The previous administration had succeeded in unifying the North and South Korea, during the previous years, Korea was divided into two, south and north. South is liberal while the North was traditional. After 100 years of division, we united as one. Now, there is the third world war between Korea and allied Asian Countries against the Republic of China. I knew Hyunri was only doing her job as President of Korea. The news telecast went around quickly, people were gossiping about it, some were claiming that Emperor Akihito is Single and is currently looking for a bride to marry. Hyunri was Single at least that's what other people knew about her here in Korea and in the International Community. 

No one except for Colonel Sky Han and Major Jinri Lee, Jinri and I met when we were assigned with Presidential Security. She was a Navy Woman, unlike me and Sky who belonged to the same team. She was part of Korea's Naval Special Warfare Flotilla she mans a Naval Ship with four Submarines fighting off the enemy's subs.

She and Sky have noticed my special treatment of the President. The war had her deployed back to sea, we promised on the eve of the war that we will meet again, safe and unharmed. Sky and I hugged her to send her off to her duty. She tearfully smiled and nodded at us.

These two have helped me focus on the task ahead of me with out them, I would have no direction. The memories of our friendship had me tearing up on the front line. Sky looked at me as the firing subsided. Our Battalion had been left unscathed by the ensuing ground battle. From the distance, we heard screaming from Chinese Men.

Retreat!

Retreat!

They screamed at their Battalion. For another day, we survived the war. We hiked back to our camp which was 500 meters away. Korea had won this battle. We were so tired from the battle as we filed to the camp where we stayed. Another day fought and I wonder when is this war going to end? When will we be at peace and more importantly when is Hyunri going to stand for us?