fin.

Kiwi
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaewon entered her early morning class, sat somewhere in the mid-section of the room to the far right side with a yawn, and waited for class to start. While getting out her materials, she heard a familiar voice greet her as well as something soft being placed onto the table in front of her. Chaewon looked up to see one of her classmates, Hoyoung, smiling at her before glancing at the light green bubble tea drink he bought her..

"Good morning, Chaewon."

"Morning to you, too, Hoyoung."

Hoyoung took the seat beside her as she slightly tilted her head at the drink.

'What's this?"

"A kiwi yogurt boba for you."

"Oh, but you didn't have to get me one."

"I know, but I remembered hearing that you really like kiwis and saw this new flavor and thought of you when I was getting one."

"Oh, I see, but kiwi is okay. I don't really like it like that so I'm not that into it. Thanks though."

Hoyoung's brows furrowed.

"But I remember hearing you tell your sister that you like kiwi a lot the other day."

Chaewon had a realization that Hoyoung had heard right, but the 'kiwi' she was referring to was totally something else.

"Oh, um, that. Yeah, I guess I really do like kiwi then."

Chaewon flashed him a small smile as she immediately turned away and took a sip of the drink for a distraction. Hoyoung still stared at her curiously before bringing out his own materials and taking a sip of his own bubble tea. Chaewon reached for her phone, snapped a photo of the drink, and sent it to her sister with a few words. She hoped that Hoyoung wouldn't find out the real meaning of her liking for 'kiwi'.

"So, the real kiwi you like is me?"

Chaewon heard a moment later with the words she didn't want to hear coming out of Hoyoung's mouth. She slowly turned her attention towards him, keeping calm.

"Um, no? Why do you say that?"

Hoyoung grinned cutely as he held up his phone for her to see.

"You just messaged me just now."

"I did not. I messaged my sister."

"You may wanna double check that, Chaewon."

She could tell he was enjoying this, but tried to play off the whole thing.

"I'm sure you're just reading something else, Hoyoung."

Hoyoung quoted her words that she had supposedly sent her sister instead of him. Chaewon had used English and so heard Hoyoung speaking in English with his New Zealand's accent which is also known as a Kiwi accent.

"Bro, Kiwi bought me this thinking that I really like kiwi when I was actually talking about him when we ta-"

"Okay. Okay. Stop."

Chaewon reached over to push his phone and hands down with an embarrassed look while speaking in English, but reverted back to

Please log in to read the full chapter