Chapter 2

Glass Bead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One night, on an annual charity ball at one of a luxurious hotel in town, where only attended by elite society, high-rank official, influential people, is also attended by Sojeong as one of successful CEO.

Sojeong is just arrived, and her presence immediately attract the attention of many people there. Yeah, such a graceful young lady, with a beautiful body and gorgeous face how come is that not gonna become attraction? Even though there’re many other important people on that place, but her visual is undoubtedfully the most pleasing to see. She is wearing a dark plum off-the-shoulder floor-length chiffon gown that revealing her flawless shoulder and backless. The gown has high slit on the side front it reveal her beautiful legs that wearing ankle strap stiletto everytime she take a step up on the stairs or make long step. She simply let down her long wavy hair. Her make up is just simple natural, but because she is confident and know very well how to behave as a model, it makes her appearance stunning.

 

“Eonnie, over here!”

 

Sojeong turn to look to the source of that voice. It’s Yerin. That girl looks beautiful in her peach gown that suit very well with her pale skin, it makes her glowing among crowds, Yerin is widely smiling as she excitedly waving her hand to her. Sojeong slowly go to her, getting through the crowds.

 

“Eonnie, you look gorgeous.” Yerin complimenting.

“You too.” Sojeong shortly said. It’s not just sweet-lip, she really meant it, and Yerin know that, she looks happy to hear it.

“Where’s the other?” Sojung asked after took a sip of her champagne.

“SinB is having fun doing her ego adventures photography project, Yuna is doing a surgery, Eunha is.. you know… she prefer playing games at home.” Yerin rolled her eyes annoyingly, “while Umji is still on her way here.”

Sojeong nodded.

 

It didn't take long to wait...

“Eonnies, my goodness… you girls so beautiful!” praised Umji as soon as she got near them.

"You too, Sweety.. very beautiful." Praise Yerin.

While Sojeong immediately bloom a smile while scaning at her up and down, then the head of that lovely young woman. The dress was a soft, off-shoulder pink, with a flared lace trim on the top that somehow kept her exposed shoulders from being too flashy. She is simply let down her hair, just decorate it with small braids on the temples side and tied together at the back with small flower decorations. Umji does look beautiful and elegant.

 

"How is 'that' case going?" asked Sojeong, whispering.

"It's still being processed, the day after tomorrow scheduled for the court's decision. The supporting evidence that Eonnie gave me was submitted and discussed in court last week, very helpful. According to my logic, the decision will be in line with our expectations, proving the right and punishing the guilty.” Umji said.

“Hmm… 'according to your logic' huh…?” Sojeong said with a hanging intonation, doubtful.

"If it doesn't match, then it means that the judge is not doing his job right. I will not give up. If necessary I will appeal.” Umji said with a pout.

Sojeong smiles concernedly, "If that's the case, you might get in trouble again later." He said while caressing Umji's arm, giving a gentle squeze to soothe her.

"I don't care. I'm sure we're right. There is evidence… Eonnie has been worked hard to get it. I shouldn't waste it." said Umji upsetly.

Sojeong and Yerin looked at each other and smile concernedly.

"Umji, more than about the failure, I'd be more sad if it got you into trouble." Sojeong finally said.

"It's okay, Unnie. Don't worry about me. I'm a State Civil Servant, it's not that easy to get fired. The worst possibility is being transferred to remote areas and only allowed to handle trivial cases, such as chicken theft.” Umji said while laughing.

 

Sojeong frowned, her smile disappeared in an instant. “I wouldn't take it if you were transferred to a remote area and only allowed to handle trivial cases. You're a good civil servant, good prosecutor. I will do whatever it takes to prevent that from happening.” He said firmly and coldly.

Yerin secretly glanced at and nudged Umji's arm, giving a code, which the smart Maknae immediately understood.

"I'm just kidding, don't be so scary, Eonnie. Afterall, I won't be able to stay away from all of you anyway, my dear Eonnies." Umji said then spread her arms to hug Sojeong and Yerin at once.

 

 

"Ladies..." suddenly a friendly male voice greeted them.

Sojeong, Yerin, and Umji turned towards the source of the voice. A tall, handsome man smiled kindly at them.

“Ah… Moon Tae Oppa...” Yerin smiled at the man she had known since childhood.

"Hey, Yerin-ah." He greeted Yerin, then turned to Umji, "Yewon-ah… you look different tonight." The man said to Umji with a surprised look on his face.

Umji smiled hearing that, then adjusted her posture to look more elegant.

"At this hour shouldn't you be at home doing your homework?" The man asked Umji.

Umji's smile immediately disappeared, as her shoulders dropped, looking at the man in disbelief, "How old do you think I am, Oppa? I'm the same age as your brother." he asked curtly, with an annoyed face.

The man immediately burst into laughter hearing that, “10 years old, right? The thing is, before I left here, I had to deal with Bin-ie (Moon Bin, his younger brother) who whined so that I at least play a round of game with him."

Umji immediately pouted hearing that, sulking at the man who laughed at her, "That's your brother who can't grow up, don't similarized me to him."

Unexpectedly, Moon Tae suddenly pinched Umji's cheeks, "aww~… you're so adorable, Yewon-ah. I feel like I want to put it in my pocket to take home, so you can accompany Moon Bin to play at home like you, Eunbi, and your other friends always played together after school."

“Ouch~uuh… it hurts, Oppa!” Umji protested while pushing the man off his cheek.

 

Moon Tae turned to look at Sojeong who looked at him with a less friendly look.

The man's lips formed a thin boyish smile, "Hello Sojeong, as usual you look very charming," he praised, then he suddenly twined on Sojeong's slender waist, which made the young woman slide quickly to escape from the man's arms around her waist, shifted, making Yerin become her 'shield' betw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter