Chapter 1

Glass Bead
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Click.. clack.. click.. clack….

 

That morning, as usual the staccato clicks of Sojeong’s stilettos heels on marble floors echoing off of granite walls in her company building. It naturally drew people's attention to look at the source of the sound, to pay the appropriate respect, whether it was a bow, or at least a greeting smile, which she clearly deserved as the CEO of the company.

Sojeong had just stepped into the VIP Elevator, when suddenly she heard that very familiar voice…

“Wait up! Hold the elevator!!”

 

The Lobby Officer who was holding the VIP Lift button immediately looking at Sojeong who already inside the elevator, clearly getting annoyed. She rolled her eyes while folding her arms in front of her chest..

“Uhm… I beg you pardon, CEO-Nim, would you like to wait or…”

“Leave her!” Sojeong interrupted his sentence before the officer finished.

The Lobbyist obediently nodded, but he seemed to be deliberately moving slowly, buying time, until ‘that person’ finally arrived and immediately barged into the elevator, ‘stormy’ as usual.

 

“Good morning, Eonnie!” There’s she is, Jung Yerin, the COO also the CFO of Sowon Company, innocently cutely greeted her.

“Morning.” Sojeong greet her back, short and cold.

“You told him to leave me, right? I’m sure you heard me earlier…”

“I didn’t.”

“You didn’t what? You didn’t heard me or didn’t told him to leave me?”

 

Ting..

The elevator door opening. They are reached at their office floor.

 

Sojeong got out of the elevator, headed straight to her office, ignoring Yerin’s question. But Jung Yerin is a persistent. She won’t let her go before she get what she want. She is continued to follow her, rumbling-nagging- insisting that Sojeong tried to left her on purpose.

They entered the CEO's office. While continuing to nag, Yerin naturally helped Sojeong to take off her coat, then put it on the hanger, then neatly put it in the closet. After that, while still nagging, Yerin went to the coffee table, made a cup of espresso, then put it on Sojeong's desk.

 

“…you did it on purpose, right?!” Yerin accused for the umpteenth time.

Sojeong, who was reading the news, finally placed her tablet on the table, sighing, "If I say 'yes', will you leave me immediately, and go to your own office?"

"Yes," Yerin firmly said.

“Fine. Yes, I did that on purpose.” Sojeong finally admitted.

“Which one? You did heard me or told him to leave me?”

“Both.”

Yerin immediately pouted and frowned in annoyance as soon as she heard that, “you wicked woman.” then she turned, walked away stomping her feet in annoyance. But before she left the room, she didn't forget to take a cup of latte from the coffee machine, and shouted, “I'm mad at you, Kim Sojeong!” right before she finally came out of the room and slammed the door.

 

Huft~…

Sojeong took a deep breath, then continued reading the news while one in a while sipping the coffee Yerin made for her.

 

 

 

Later, in the photo session of the latest design product from Sowon Company…

SinB takes her job seriously, directing models on how they should expressing through their face and body. Not hesitate to yell at them, when she feels that they are not doing their best. Although still young, Sinb is a famous photographer and is recognized for her skills and artistic talent, but as a person SinB is also known to be quite temperamental. SinB knows exactly what she wants, without hesitation saying whether she is pleased or unpleased. The good thing is that she is someone who is fair and open minded. She’s not a dictator. She knows how to appreciate other people’s effort.

Everyone is working diligently. Lighting, makeup, stylists, wardrobes, models, everyone are totally focused on what they're doing. SinB's work tempo is quite fast, he is efficient at using time. If there is one or several people who can't adjust to her work speed, and mess up, then SinB will not hesitate to kick out anyone who interferes and delaying her work, whoever it is. So that's why when Sojeong suddenly came to check the photo shoot, although everyone there was quite shocked by the sudden inspection, everyone greeted her while continuing to work diligently. And Sojeong doesn't mind that, she's not a snobby person, she's also a person who appreciates hard work.

 

"How was work?" that's how Sojeong greets Sinb.

SinB just glanced

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter