1/1.

Cassiopeia

“The stars are so beautiful, aren’t they?” I looked at the girl who just spoke on my right. 

 

I observed her. From her black silky hair, her bangs slightly slaying because of the calming wind, her sparkly eyes which expressed her excitement from staring at the night sky above, her nose that are pointed and red from the chilly wind, her cheeks that are so fluffy, and her lips that is perfectly shaped and sculpted. 

 

“hmm” was my only response. 

 

She met my eyes and I witnessed a glint in it. Oh, how I would run miles and miles just to witness that again and imprint it in my mind forever. 

 

She raised her eyes again to the night sky and lifted her right arm and pointed something. 

 

“Do you see that?” she asked. 

 

“What? Where?” 

 

“That M-shaped constellation” she answered. 

 

I finally saw what she was pointing at and only nodded. Well you could say that I’m not a big fan of stars and constellations. I’m more of a moon-over-star kind. But if this is the only way to be with her, then I’ll gladly choose a star over the moon. 

 

“Tell me more about it”

 

“Well if you see a constellation that’s M or W shaped then it’s called Cassiopeia” she said, enthusiasm evident in her voice. 

 

she continued, “It’s really easy to tell a Cassiopeia which is why I love it. It is so simple that it prevents confusion. It is so simple that it is easy to recognize and understand.” She looked at me with a knowing look. The voice laced with enthusiasm is now replaced by sadness. 

 

I only looked down in shame and didn’t notice the tears slowly forming on my eyes. I took a deep breath and regained my posture. I gathered all my energy just to look at her eyes. 

 

“Then why do you love me?” I finally asked. 

 

“Because you’re you.” She simply answered with sincerity in her eyes. Confusion was only shown in my eyes. 

 

Before I could answer, a man was suddenly dragging Rei away from me. She looked defeated whilst being dragged. I could only look at her and do nothing. 

 

“You really are so hard-headed, aren’t you?!” my dad shouted at me. 

 

“I told you to stay away from her! She only causes you harm! Now look at you being dragged from this hill in the middle of night because of that kid!” 

 

My dad’s words only came from one ear to another. I still can’t understand Rei’s answer to my question. 

 

I could only look up at the sky and sighed defeatedly. Suddenly, the constellation Cassiopeia came into my line of sight and remembered our conversation a while ago. 

 

I now fully understand it. I now fully understand her and her answer. 

 

She loves me despite our situation. She loves me despite her love of simplicity over complexity. Because love isn’t the easiest to get or the simplest relationship. 

 

Just like the stars, it is far away that it is hard to get to but it still makes your night prettier. 

 

Love mustn't be simple, it must be challenging because good things in life can’t be achieved easily. It is the best feeling on earth that’s why you must fight for it. You may struggle to achieve it but its existence makes our life better. 

 

Despite our day being exhausting and frustrating, love must be the reason that at the end of the day you could say: “It was all worth it”

 

And I hope that Rei is all worth it.