fin

memories don't go away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ps: Inglês não é minha língua oficial, então se você acabar encontrando algum erro (e você irá), por favor me diga para que eu possa consertar. Aproveite e se puder, comente o que você achou.   

Errors with the pronouns will be common, but I'm working so that they don't happen in the future... 

---

Uma carta aberta ao meu futuro eu.

Olhando para aqueles macacos pintados naquela parede incrivelmente branca, Chaeyoung só podia sentir uma coisa. Temer. 

A australiana cresceu em hospitais, sempre doente e hospitalizada por negligência de seus pais que se recusaram a cuidar dela por causa de seu estado. Portanto, essas paredes sempre lembram como a infância foi dolorosa e solitária. 

Mas agora ela estava aqui por um motivo completamente diferente, não relacionado à sua saúde, mas sim à saúde de sua filha mais nova. Park Yetak, a criança que possuía os olhos do gato como sua outra mãe. Na noite anterior, Ningning havia sido internado na ala pediátrica por causa de uma grave crise de asma e, desde então, Chaeyoung não ousava ir embora (mesmo que só pudesse esperar na recepção com sua outra filha). 

"Eles realmente assustam a mamãe." A criança em seu colo disse. Era Park Ryujin, uma criança hiperativa que nascera com todas as características genéticas de Chaeng que lhe eram permitidas, ou seja, uma cópia ambulante do australiano.  

The child clung to his mother even more, definitely seeking a higher heat source than his Batman jacket. Her eyes were drowsy and Chaeyoung could not help but feel guilty, she knew she could have left Ryujin at Jisoo’s house, but she refused to let her daughter away even for a short time. 

Chaeyoung took off his coat with thicker upholstery and made Ryujin wear it. The child only smiled, and then her eyes closed slowly so that she would fall into a peaceful sleep. 

After a quick kiss on the child’s forehead, Chaeyoung took the phone out of her pocket and sent a quick message to Jennie hoping to get any update on her daughter. 

She felt frustrated that she could not be with her wife upstairs, but she could not break the protocol of just one . 

Her phone vibrated, and she felt an instant relief to see that it was his wife. 

Wife: Ningning is well, sleeping right now. The crisis has passed and she is breathing better. Doctor Jung asked her to stay here for a while, just in case. 

Hubby: Glad to know, I was so worried. And it’s good to know that my tiger baby is okay. 

Wife: Yes. And our little monkey? How is she? 

Hubby: Sleeping, she’s tired. You must be tired, too, right? She’s been working all day and we’ve had this problem at night. How about you go home with Jinjin and get some sleep? When you wake up, eat something and come here and we’ll switch shifts. 

Wife: Okay, but only because I don’t want Ningning to see me like this when he wakes up. I’m going down. 

With this, Chaeyoung stuffed his cell phone in his pocket again and waited for Jennie to show up at the end of the hall. Within minutes, Jennie appeared, her face was tired and she was still wearing what she had left for work the day before. She smiled momentarily at Chaeyoung, who stood up and walked to his wife’s meeting. 

Leaving a prolonged kiss on Jennie’s lips, the Australian woman smiled and caressed her wife’s chubby cheeks with the hand that was not occupied. " You look like " 

Jennie laughed, but did not stop pushing the woman’s shoulder lightly so as not to disturb the child still in the arms of the tallest woman. " You don’t look so good yourself." 

"Do you need me to call Jisoo Unnie to drive for you?" Chaeyoung asked, handing Ryujin over to Jennie. The cat-eyed woman kissed the forehead of the girl who woke up almost instantly. "No, I’m fine"

"Mom" girl exclaimed still very sleepy.

"Hi baby, we’re going home. What do you think about that?" Jennie asked the child, who was already standing on the floor taking off the coat that her mother loaned her earlier. 

After yawning, Ryujin smiled. "Ningning is coming with us?" 

"No, baby. Your sister needs to stay here for a little while longer. But it’s gonna be quick, all right?" 

The girl who seemed disappointed, just shook her head and yawned again. 

"I think you’d better go, darling. rest well and eat until you’re full. Don’t worry about Riyujin’s homework, we did it this morning." Rosé said, kissing once more the lips of the wife and squatting then to stay at the height of her daughter. " Take care of your mother, okay? Sleep next to her and hold her too much so she doesn’t feel alone, okay? I’ll ask Aunt Jisoo to make lunch so your mom doesn’t worry. Say ok if it’s okay" 

"Okay!" The child said aloud, the voice still a little sleepy. 

She kissed the girl’s forehead. "Good girl."

As soon as Jennie and Ryujin left the hospital, Chaeyoung prepared internally to face those white runners again. His body froze when the hallway door opened and gave him access to the hallway. 

"Are you all right, Mrs Park?" The nurse standing next to you asked, lightly touching her shoulder. 

The woman shook her head quickly and exited the elevator, walking as fast as possible to the room in which her daughter was. 

Upon opening the door, Chaeyoung came across the same monkeys from the reception, scary. The room was almost all white, except of course the paintings on the walls, there was a large bed and an armchair. 
Chaeyoung walked to his peacefully sleeping daughter. She looked tired. Her plump hands held her stuffed tiger. The Australian pulled a few hairs from the child’s face and gently caressed her chubby cheeks. " You have your mother’s Maundu cheeks." 

Sitting in the armchair, Chaeyoung let himself rest. The night was hard for all of them.

But before she could close her eyes, her cell phone vibrated in her back pocket. 

It was Lisa warning her that Jennie had just arrived home, and that now she and Jisoo would take care of everything. The blonde thanked her and blocked the phone. 

Finally closing his eyes, Chaeyoung let his mind wander through his childhood memories. 

"Aunt Dara, why isn’t Mommy here?" A five-year-old Roseanne asked, her face was plump and her cheeks resembled a baby squirrel. 

The older woman shrank, and Roseanne could feel the anger exhaling from her aunt. " She’s working dear, when she has time she’ll come visit you." 

The child’s nose frowned and she crossed her arms, taking care with the access of the serum. " But you work too, and you still get to visit me every day." 

Dara closed her eyes for a second and when she opened them, they were seasick. "When she comes, you can ask her." 

Rosé smiled happily and continued to paint his drawing. 

Roseanne’s mother didn’t show up the next day or the next. 

Roseanne moved in with Dara after she was discharged and only saw her parents on their wedding day. 

"Mama Nini?" She heard Ningning’s drowsy voice. Chaeyoung got up and went to her youngest daughter. "Mama Cheng, why are you crying?" She pointed at the woman’s face. 

Chaeyoung ran his fingers across his face, and noticed the tears he had shed without knowing it. "Oh, I’m not crying. I’m just glad you’re finally awake." The woman disguised herself and moved to kiss her daughter’s chubby cheeks. 

The child laughed, but then coughed. "Hey, are you okay?" Chaeyoung checked, already prepared to call the nurse. "I’m fine mama." The child assured, giving her the kind smile she loves so much. 

"Okay, you’re a good girl." Chaeyoung pulled up the armchair so he could sit by the bed. 

"Mama, where are Jinjin and Mama Ini?" Ningning asked, watching his mother sit in the armchair. 

"They are at home, their mother was tired from work and Jinjin went to protect her" the Australian told, and Ningning nodded ready to ask another question, but the girl was interrupted by the doctor who entered the room. 

"Are you Park Yetak’s mother?" The doctor asked, a gentle smile on her face. 

Chaeyoung smiled and stood up, then bowing. "Yes, I’m Park Roseanne. Thank you for taking care of my daughter." 

"Oh, Park Roseanne. I’ve heard your name many times." The doctor smiled. "I’m Dr. Jung, pediatrician. I just came to make sure Yetak’s okay to leave." 

Chaeyoung gave room for the doctor to do her job. He answered occasionally what he was asked. After a few minutes, the doctor smiled and waved. "Well, Yetak looks fine. I’ll just prescribe some meds if it happens again. She can leave after lunch, I’ll ask the doctor on the next shift to release her." 

"Thank you again, Dr. Jung, for taking care of my daughter. If there’s anything I can do to express my gratitude, let me know." Chaeyoung said, using his gentlest smile. 

The doctor’s cheeks turned red. "Well, since you offered.... Could you take a picture with me? My wife and daughter are very fon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter