Chapter 4

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹: ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴏʀᴇᴅ (𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AUTHOR

Check out the official playlist that I made for this story here.

 

 

 

What was supposed to be a one-time thing turned out to be a daily scenario.

   Winter wasn’t shocked when she saw Karina, back facing a wall, dressed in all Chanel glory with a white Armani tank top, black skinny jeans, and a stylish tweed jacket as she waited for her class to finish. Winter admired the view briefly because it looked like she was doing a magazine pictorial. Then she gradually tiptoed in the other direction to escape, silently wishing Karina wouldn’t see her.

  When she thought that she had gone a bit far away from her, Winter sighed in relief and went to her locker to get some of her stuff for the next period.

  She wasn’t in the mood to deal with the latter right now. The wrath that she was receiving from Karina’s fangirls was already enough to eradicate her whole existence from the world. And it was also making her hiccups even worse.

  She couldn’t even count how many people had tried to snatch her wig off since yesterday. She was able to avoid that kind of nonsense, fortunately, because, as some of you might not know, Winter has a master’s degree in Sneaky Stealth and a PhD degree in Avoiding Problematic People. 

 The only thing that helps her suppress her anger is munching on her gummies like a feral puppy as she stares at nothing in particular. Why? She mentally questioned no one. Is this her karma for being such a bratty rich girl in the past? Is living like a hobo still not enough to repent for her past mistakes? Why?

 Her annoyance grew when she received a text from Yizhuo saying that she had taken some of the gummies she’d stored in her locker. She wouldn’t mind such a thing if she wasn’t craving her daily dose of serotonin booster. But Yizhuo, just like the glutton she was, ate the whole pack of her gummies. She sighs in defeat. She has to go grocery shopping again for snacks later.

 She had an idea why Karina was probably looking for her. Surely it was because she hadn’t contacted her for two days like she’d expected her to do so. Why wouldn’t she anyway? It was because of her that she was being hunted like prey by those crazed fangirls from the start.

  She didn't give the latter information about her class schedule. Well, what did she expect? It’s Karina freaking Yu. She probably bribed someone from the faculty to get that personal information. That's why lying to Karina from the very beginning was never an option because the girl knows how to obtain the truth by just using some dirty tactics.

 While in the middle of grumbling her curses, she received a text from the so-called little devil, her best friend, saying that she'll replace her snacks. Oh, you better be. Before she could respond to Yizhuo’s text, a loud voice startled her from afar.

“Winter Kim!” was called by an unfamiliar girl fuming as she marched towards her while two other people were trailing behind her. “How did a ‘nobody’ like you manage to seduce Karina Yu?” 

  All eyes were on them. Why does she feel like she's in some sort of cliche rom-com movie?

“I didn’t seduce her,” came her simple reply, glaring, as she closed her locker with utter displeasure.

“So are you saying that the picture was fake and Karina was lying?” said the Regina George wannabe, her nostrils flaring.

"Yeah, are you saying Karina’s a liar?" Mocks Girl Number 2.

"Yeah." Then, Girl Number 3.

 Well, like the stereotypical mean girls they’re trying to portray themselves to be, they’re all full of bullocks. Winter doesn't understand these girls’ logic. She knows well that she doesn’t need to fuel the rumours swirling around about Karina and her. But she’s utterly annoyed and grumpy right now because she hasn't had her daily pack of gummies. And to make matters worse, she’s late for her Bio class! And these dimwits wouldn’t let her breathe.

“Chill, Regina George.” She mocks stoically, “Why do you sound so jealous? Are you Karina’s girlfriend?”

  The girl was taken aback. She probably didn’t expect that the latter would fight back.

“I—No, I was just—” She pauses and looks at her two minions and says, “We were just curious.”

 Honestly, Winter despises nonsensical confrontation, and couldn't care less about it. It just so happened that these people barged in at the wrong time.

“Curious? Well, if I happened to smash each of your faces onto these lockers, would you still be curious?” She simply threatened.

  The three of them slightly flinch and back away a bit. Winter thought they were going to leave her alone, but Regina George was just too stubborn as hell.

“That’s such a completely barbaric way to say, especially if it’s coming from a lady.”

“Well, she’s not a lady, isn’t she?” Murmurs Girl Number 2 to the both of them, making sure Winter hears it. They all laugh in mockery.

“Well, isn't it also completely rude to call someone a ‘nobody’ just to inflict damage?” She bites back.

Regina scoffs, rolling her eyes. “I don’t like you.”

“Well, the feeling is mutual,” she mutters, uninterested. “So what if I happen to seduce her then?”

“I beg your pardon.”

“So what if I happened to seduce Karina? What's it to you, anyway?”

She scoffed yet again, snarling in anger. She closes their distance and mutters, "Slag."

  How dare she? Winter’s fight mode has switched on. How dare this person make such comments about her? How. Very. Dare. She? 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter