Chapter 1

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹: ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴏʀᴇᴅ (𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUTHOR

The whole story had been changed and edited to its finest. I suggest you nerds read it all over again. Enjoy.

P.S.
Please read the endnotes at the end. Thank you!

 

 

 

Winter Kim found herself in a rather peculiar situation after waking up that Saturday morning. She was in bed. Together with Karina Yu. The infamous campus princess — both . Well, she's still wearing her undies on, but still — .

  Winter wracked her brain to recall what happened that Friday night. She was invited to a party and got drunk along the way. 

  Her Chinese best friend, Ning Natalie Yizhuo, advised that she needed to lose her mind a little bit because she was beating herself up with tons of school stuff. She did what she was told, and then, all of a sudden, she couldn't remember what happened right after. 

    She's not going to be shocked if someone says that she made a bloody fool of herself at that party, considering she's such a blubbering mess when she's drunk. She was hoping she didn't get herself into a big mess with anyone. 

   Much to her dismay, ‘unfortunate’ was her middle name.

   She was now facing the person she’d never expected to encounter. Blue eyes locked with hers, looking at her knowingly, keenly, and deciphering.

“You're not going to run away and walk out of this room and pretend that this didn't happen, are you?”

   In every accidental one-night stand, of course, that thought is not an option anymore. Embrace each other at night like long-time lovers, and in the morning, shrug off every memory like it never happened. That’s always been the case.

   And of course, that was Winter's initial plan after assessing the situation. But looking at Karina Yu's threatening, yet smiling face, she knows well how screwed up she was.

  Let's just laugh first. Winter let out an awkward and forced laugh, trying to hide her previous intention.

"N—no, I wasn't thinking of that at all."

"Good." Karina smiled, satisfied with her answer. She gingerly moves closer to Winter, wrapping both of her arms around her waist. 

   Winter can't seem to utter a single word. Seeing a Karina in front of her was... was... was — she doesn't even have any words how to describe it.

"Look at you getting so shy and red! How adorable," she kisses her temple, "Not to mention, you were so rough on me last night." She chuckles teasingly.

  Rough? Winter doesn't like the sound of that. She’d never imagined herself as the ‘rough’ kind of person in bed. As the innocent kind of gal she’d always portrayed herself to be, it sounds so wrong in so many aspects. She can't even remember what happened last night. Might as well being rough. Whatever that means. It was her first time doing such a thing with someone, yet she can't recall anything!!

“You must be hungry. Stay here. I’ll make some breakfast.” 

 Karina got out of bed wearing only her knickers. Winter covered her eyes immediately in hopes of not ogling at the latter’s . Seeing a topless Karina Yu was already enough to give her some spicy nightmares at night. Karina saw the cute gesture, chuckled, and then proceeded to grab a tee from the cupboard.

"You can look now." She teases, and continues chuckling.

   Winter was still covering her eyes, waiting for Karina to get out of the room. She was too embarrassed, utterly dumbfounded, (having a crisis maybe), to meet her eyes. 

  Everything was still sinking in. She can't believe she slept with Karina! The infamous campus Princess-It Girl-Everyone's crush, Karina Yu! Then she heard the door being opened and then closed, signalling that Karina had already gone out.

  Winter, think! You dolt! She cusses, forcing her brain to come up with an idea to get out of this situation. She hurriedly, yet softly, tiptoed to grab her clothes that were resting on the sofa. She blushed when she saw herself with just her undergarments in the mirror. I gotta get out of here — fast, she mentally remarked.

   She went out of the room, careful not to make any sound. She saw the latter on the kitchen counter, beating some eggs while humming.

   Some people might fall in love with a barefaced Karina Yu making breakfast while wearing only a tee and her knickers. It feels utterly domestic, and it’s such a sight to behold. But Winter is different from those people. 

   It might be rude to leave without saying goodbye. But Winter knows that she shouldn't get involved with Karina. Goodbyes are not necessary for a one-time thing. And this, right now, is only a one-time thing. Once she gets out of here, everything will be forgotten. Oblivion is a curse.

   Luckily, she found her way out of Karina's dorm room. It was fortunate that no one saw her. She couldn’t believe that the latter lives alone in that big of an arse place, while Yizhuo and her have to share the bathroom with five more people. How unfair.

 She tries to take in where the bloody hell she was, and it seems like she’s on the other side of the campus. She ran back to their college dorm at speed. She wonders and curses why they have classes on weekends, it’s supposed to be a rest day. 

She shouldn't have listened to Yizhuo. Nothing good comes out of . Never trust a redhead, she mutters to no one.

  Speaking of the devil, she hasn't texted her yet. Winter opens her phone and sees a bunch of texts and missed class from her so-called, redheaded, best friend. She sighs, bracing herself for what's coming.

 

 

Her best friend, Ning Natalie Yizhuo, is like a fusion of Natalie Portman and Lily Collins, but the Asian version. It also explains the origin of her second name. 

  Winter always deemed that the Gods were so unfair when they made Yizhuo descend from heaven. It’s like Aphrodite meets the common folk. Such a head-turner. Wherever she goes, people will break their necks 360° just to get a glimpse of her. Birds chirp, butterflies fly, and flowers bloom wherever she walks. It sounds straight out of a Disney movie. She’s not exaggerating. 

 

“She’s so gorgeous, she doesn’t look real,” was quoted by one of the members of her own fan club every time they passed the hallway. It makes Winter cringe whenever they stare at her best friend with a love-stuck look.

 

 Winter is, up until now, still wondering if her best friend is aware of this nonsense because she can be utterly dense sometimes. Let’s just give her the benefit of the doubt, shall we? She mutters to herself.

 

  Due to this advantage, everybody deemed that she was an angel blessed from heaven. But Winter knows best that Yizhuo is the opposite of angels and heaven. Yizhuo is an absolute devil in disguise. With her perfectly sculptured face, she could fool anyone by just acting innocent. 

 

"Where were you last night? I was so worried, I thought you might have hit your head and passed out or something.” She narrowed her eyes suspiciously, “Wait — did you get laid last night?"

 

"No." Winter immediately blurted out. Yizhuo looks at her sceptically. 

 

"You did, didn't you?" 

 

  Winter groans in annoyance, realising that she will be stuck with her best friend's never lasting tease. 

 

"Girl, you looked like you just had . Don't ever lie to me, Kim Winter. I practically raised you. I know you from head to toe." She points her index finger, up and down, accusingly.

 

“Bloody hell, Yizhuo! Can we please not talk about this?”

 

"Oh, no, no, no. We are definitely going to talk about this right now.” The smirk she’s giving irks Winter a lot. “My little  Winter just got laid. What happened to ‘I’ll never have because I’m going to be a nun’ motto of yours, huh?”

 

  Winter was imagining different ways of slapping her best friend in all different directions just to shut her up.

 

“Who did you shag?! Was he hot?" 

 

  Winter glared at her best friend, trying not to smack the crap out of her — for real this time. Yizhuo has this uncanny obsession or nosy kind of behaviour about her love life. And she's not going to feed the little devil anything that could spark her interest.

 

"I'm not telling you anything. We gotta go. We have class."

 

Yizhuo hums, uninterested, "All right, just so you know, we're not done here, Winter Kim."

 

“Can you stop saying my whole name? It’s so cringed.” She hissed in annoyance. And she knows that Ningning was just doing it to infuriate her more.

 

“Whatever,” she casually replied, smirking more.

 

  In disbelief, Winter was questioning herself about how she managed to befriend someone like Yizhuo. Totally uncharacteristic of her.

 

 

Winter spent the rest of the period snoozing. She looks at her best friend on the other side of the room, animatedly chatting with some of their classmates. She sometimes envies how easy it is for Yizhuo to befriend people. That was a joke, actually. 

 

  Winter never saw herself as the extroverted-people person-kind of girl. She doesn’t have the tendency to tolerate any sort of draining human interaction. Those kinds of bullocks are all Yizhuo’s job. As the designated third-party observer with no personal interest whatsoever, she’d rather stare from the distance and watch people embarrass themselves. That, she could say, is very much entertaining to witness. Don’t we all agree?

 

  She doesn’t have the popularity that Yizhuo has. Everything she does is pretty average. Just a typical college student thriving to finish her degree, nothing more, nothing less. Well, we could just all say that this isn’t just a facade that she created just to get off people's radar. What sort of radar, you ask? Any kind of radar.

 

  Winter was born into a very wealthy family. It’s sort of a secret that she hasn’t told anyone except her best friend. She receives a decent amount of allowance from her parents. But she doesn’t flounder the money around like a spoiled brat just to annoy unfortunate bystanders. She used to do that before. But she learned her lesson eventually. Also, Past-Winter is already dead, buried in a coffin of her consciousness. She should have sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter