Chapter 10

๐— ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜€ ๐—ก๐—ผ๐˜ ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐—ง๐˜†๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฎ๐—น: แด„แดษด๊œฑษชแด…แด‡ส€ แดแด‡ สœแดœแดแดส€แด‡แด… (๐‡๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐„๐๐ข๐ญ๐ž๐ ๐•๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ๐ข๐จ๐ง)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ย 

AUTHOR

I know I told you nerds that I was supposed to update another chapter, but I didn't. What happened was that I didn't like it, so I wrote this chapterโ€”like three times, I guess? Until all the scenes and dialogues came out naturally. And I appreciate the waiting. Enjoy!

ย 

ย 

The dimly lit lecture hall was filled with the hushed rustling of note-taking as students diligently tried to absorb the intricate web of classical literacy being woven by the professor at the front. Winter was among them, her pen moving swiftly across her notebook, capturing the essence of each concept with precision and dedication.

ย 

ย Lost in the world of literacy and classical theories, Winter was a picture of unwavering concentration. Her brow furrowed slightly as she tried to understand a particularly complex piece of literacy, her mind fully immersed in the lecture. Just as she was about to underline a key point, a faint vibration against her thigh interrupted her focus.

ย 

ย ย Slightly annoyed, Winter retrieved her phone from her pocket, casting a quick glance to ensure the professor hadn't noticed her momentary distraction. The message on her screen almost made her roll her eyes.

ย 

Karina: Hey there, gorgeous. Mind if I distract you for a bit? ;) (2:32 P.M.)

ย 

ย ย Winterโ€™s stoic facade remained intact, but a subtle sparkle glinted on the pit of her stomach. She was well-acquainted with Karinaโ€™s playful antics, and while she often pretended indifference, there was an undeniable warmth she felt whenever Karina attempted to breach her composed exterior. She always reasoned that it was due to the embarrassment Karina was causing her, and she will always believe it that way and nothing else. Karina just doesnโ€™t know how to stop, and she can't always find the right timing to tell her to leave her alone, which is utterly baffling. Fate seems to enjoy watching her suffer.

ย 

ย ย She looks at the latter from the other side of the room. To her surprise, Karina was already looking at her, a playful smile placed on her lips as she sent a wink in her direction. Winter couldnโ€™t help but narrow her eyes at her. But nonetheless, she finds herself replying to her message.

ย 

Winter: This better be worth it. (2:33 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: It is ;) just couldn't help but notice you from across the room. Your seriousness is intriguing, but I have a feeling I can coax a smile out of you ;) xxย  (2:33 P.M.)

ย 

Winter: Just engrossed in the lecture, as usual, which is something that you should be doing too. (2:34 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: But studying you is much more fascinating :( (2:34 P.M.)

ย 

ย ย Winter couldnโ€™t help but roll her eyes, yet a tint of pink blush was crawling and covering the tip of her ears.

ย 

Winter: What do you want, Karina? (2:35 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: Oh, just here to brighten up your day with a dose of my infectious energy. Trust me, you won't be able to resist it for long ;)) xx (2:35 P.M.)

ย 

Winter: I've developed quite an immunity to distractions, Karina. My focus is unwavering.ย  (2:36 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: Impressive, darling. But remember, even the strongest minds need a break ;) How about we take a study break together and explore the lighter side of life? ;)) xx (2:36 P.M.)

ย 

Winter: My schedule is quite tight, Karina. I have to study.ย  (2:37 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: Well, I must say, there's nothing wrong with indulging in a little pleasure alongside all that hard work. You might be surprised by the results ;)) xx (2:37 P.M.)

ย 

Winter: I've learned to prioritise discipline over indulgence. It's a key to success. (2:38 P.M.)

ย 

ย ย Thatโ€™s a lame excuse, she mutters to herself. Winter cringed at her words. What sort of nonsense is she spouting? Although sheโ€™s not the kind of gal who flaunts designer bags and brags about their familyโ€™s summer house on an obscure Mediterranean island, sheโ€™s also not the kind of person that you would seek some financial advice from, unless youโ€™re interested in discovering new and innovative ways to accidentally make your money vanish like socks in a laundry machine.

ย 

Karina: Admirable. But how about discipline, focus, and a dash of flirtatious funโ€”now that's a winning combination, donโ€™t you agree? ;) Let's see if I can shake up that rigid routine of yours ;)) xx (2:38 P.M.)

ย 

Winter: Your efforts are valiant, Karina, I'll give you that. But my priorities remain unchanged. (2:39 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: Persistence is another one of my virtues. I'm determined to see that stoic exterior crack, darling. Care to place a bet on how long you can resist my charm? ;)) xx (2:39 P.M.)

ย 

Winter: I'm not one for gambling. But I do admire your confidence. (2:40 P.M.)

ย 

Karina: Confidence is my middle name, Winter. Along with a healthy dose of playfulness, of course. Just remember, I'm here whenever you decide to have a little fun ;)) xx (2:40 P.M.)

ย 

ย ย Why did she forget that she and Karina shared the same class in English Literature? Simply because she never really paid attention to her or to anyone in the class before. And now that theyโ€™ve exchanged contact numbers, Karina is all over her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter