Chapter 9

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹: ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴏʀᴇᴅ (𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AUTHOR

I know right! It's another update. You're welcome!

 

 

 

Karina is no doubt an absolute charmer. Not only that, but she’s also a freaking endearment machine because there’s not a day where she doesn’t ravish Winter with undeniable compliments that can utterly make anyone whipped on their knees—well, except Winter herself, of course.

 

   It all began in the heart of autumn, when the leaves turned shades of gold and crimson and the air carried a hint of crispness. Everyone was thrilled about the upcoming St. Ives Annual Autumn Carnival Fest. The campus was bustling with crowds of people. Decorations were being hung here and there. All the members of the prefects were tied up with their individual tasks. The place was bustling with utter excitement.

 

  The notable head girl of St. Ives College, Karina, with her mischievous smile and twinkling blue eyes, was known throughout the campus for her ingenious endearments. She had an uncanny ability to make everyone feel special with just a few words of encouragement and a few acts of playfulness. But throughout that skittish façade, there’s only one person who could render her speechless—Winter, the apple of her eye. 

 

  Winter, a quiet and contemplative soul, had an aura of mystery that intrigued Karina way before they started talking. She often found the latter engrossed in her books, lost in the world of literature and philosophy, but never once approached her. She only got the courage to do that after what happened that Friday night—how they spent and shared that warm, lovely evening, bathed in the comfort of her bed with their skin intimately engrossed with each other. Exquisite. Lovely. Addictive. That’s how Karina described that delightful night.

 

 Winter is the epitome of the phrase ‘fake it ‘til you make it.’ She’s not that much of an idiot not to recognise what Karina was trying to do. Skillfully, she's been sidestepping Karina’s attempts to charm her like a seasoned dodger. But Karina, being such a persistent pursuer, was determined to break through the latter’s icy demeanour. Despite Winter’s adept dodging, Karina’s unwavering pursuit showcased her determination. The dynamic between them continued—a silent tug-of-war occurred between Winter’s guarded stance and Karina’s relentless resolve.

 

 Winter strode purposefully down the bustling hallway of the college campus, her textbooks clutched in one arm while her expression remained composed and focused. She dislikes hallways as much as she dislikes crowded places full of wannabes. Hallways are a no-no place to be when you're hiding from someone you don’t want to encounter. Not to mention, they often serve as the breeding ground for clichés and nonsensical situations.

 

  The odds of her not meeting Karina in every hallway of the campus are pretty much nonexistent since the latter is everywhere. She doesn’t know how she does it, but she concludes that it isn’t normal. It's like a game of hide and seek, but Karina’s the reigning champion, popping up everywhere, and Winter’s half-expecting her to just jump out from behind one of those p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter