Chapter 8

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹: ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴏʀᴇᴅ (𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AUTHOR

A bit of a lengthy update. Surprise, surprise. You're welcome~

 

 

 

It’s been days since Karina kept on attracting and distracting attention, and it’s been days since Winter kept on ignoring the attention she was getting from the other students whenever they were together. After that incident the other day with the Mean Girl wannabes, Karina began accompanying Winter to her classes and having lunch together.

 

  She doesn’t know how. But she’s certain it all happened during that car ride home. The next thing she knew, she and Karina were having deep conversations about The Lord of the Rings, transitioning to The Alchemist, then to The Solitaire Mystery. She doesn’t know how they got philosophical all of a sudden. And Winter just finds herself more engaged in the conversation since she’s a bit of a bookworm herself.

 

“Hi.” Karina, with her charming blue eyes, smiled. “Lunch?” All eyes are on them. She doesn’t want to attract any more attention, so she just nods in response. “Do you want me to hold your bag?” Winter shook her head vigorously, clutching the strap of her bag tightly in case Karina would grab it, but instead the latter intertwined their hands.

 

  In recent days, Karina has been consistently displaying a tendency to invade her personal space. The latter has developed a habit of entwining their hands while walking, be it in the cafeteria, down the hallway, or even when accompanying Winter to her classes.

 

 Winter couldn't quite trace back when it all began, but the girl was quite insistent that this was to prevent any sudden run-ins or attacks from anyone. Though Winter resisted at first, claiming she could manage on her own, Karina's persistent and frank demeanour eventually won her over. 

 

“Let’s go.”

 

  Karina has a fondness for lavishing Winter with the utmost care and tenderness. This, in turn, involves sending a subtle caution to any individuals attempting to become too fond of her. Winter was well aware that those people’s motivations often revolve around the curiosity of why and how Karina chose her as a potential lover. This inquisitiveness swiftly transformed into envy and animosity. However, those harbouring jealousy over her position as Karina's ‘soon-to-be girlfriend’ were swiftly thwarted, as Karina promptly blocked them, ensuring not a single strand of her hair was touched.

 

  It was quite a lot to handle. The last thing she didn't want to experience was being squashed to death by those giggly, utterly mental, and hormonal fangirls. She was more than pleased when Karina told her that she was not going to allow anyone to hurt her in any sort of way. Well, not that she needs the protection since she can punch a few of them in return, but she still appreciates the gesture nonetheless. It was quite flattering and heartwarming at the same time. Some parts of her felt at peace when she was with Karina. And it got her thinking, deeming that spending time with Karina doesn’t sound too bad at all. Maybe if Karina would just drop the courting act, they could become good friends.

 

Never mind. She spoke too soon. 

Winter lets out a bunch of fake laughs and coughs here and there when Ryujin asks who’s the top. She wishes the ground would just swallow her whole due to embarrassment. Why is she eating lunch with Karina again? Well, she just wants to genuinely thank the latter for being nice the other day for the free ride. But then Ryujin, with her annoying arse and lack of human decency, interrupted their meal all of a sudden.

 

“Aw, Winter is getting shy.” She has no fondness for Ryujin, and that sentiment is quite set in stone, especially when the latter likes to when they’re not even that close. If she has a Burn Book, she’d write how much of a nosy-tattletale this person was in bloody red ink.

 

Yizhuo, out of nowhere, let out an unexpected snort and remarked, settling into the seat across, “Winter? Shy? That's a surprise I hadn't anticipated.” She playfully taunted while setting her tray of food onto the table. Great. Two of her worst nightmares combined.

 

  She does understand why Yizhuo was here since they’re sitting at the table designated only for prefects. What she didn't understand was why she was there. She’s not a prefect, nor is Ryujin. But she didn’t care much about Ryujin since she seems to be the kind of person who loves to meddle with other people’s businesses. Winter hates attention, yet she’s the one getting all the attention from these people. She’d already gathered enough unwanted attention in the past, and she doesn’t want to be involved with any sort of nonsense anymore.

 

“Why are you people here again?” They were in the cafeteria, sitting at the popular people’s table, as cliche as it sounds.

 

“My question too.” Karina nonchalantly agreed, “Why are you here?” but she directed the question more to Ryujin.

 

“I just want to have lunch with my best mate!” Yizhuo chipped in, a playful glint in her eye.

 

“Same here!” R

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter