Chapter 7

𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀 𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹: ᴄᴏɴꜱɪᴅᴇʀ ᴍᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴏʀᴇᴅ (𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐥𝐲 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

AUTHOR

I took a short needed break from writing. But I'm back now. Thank you for those who patiently waited <3

 

 

 

Winter leaned against the awning, her breath forming misty clouds in the chilly air. The rain pounded on the pavement, creating a rhythmic melody that seemed to echo the turmoil in her mind. She watched as droplets slid down the plastic covering, each one a miniature cascade of her thoughts. How was she going to get home in this weather?

 

  As Winter's gaze shifted from the rain-soaked sidewalk to the bustling college campus before her, her thoughts turned to Karina and their interaction with Ryujin a while ago.

“Well, too bad. She’s already taken.” Karina simply retorted, her possessive arms still wrapped around her torso, unconsciously giving her shivers.

“Geez. Alright, I’ll stop.” Ryujin directed her attention to a confused Winter. “My offer is still open. Call me if you change your mind.” She winks.

  There’s absolutely no chance that she'll give this person a call. Winter made a mental observation that her feelings toward Ryujin are far from positive. As soon as Ryujin disappeared from view, Karina relaxed her hold around her waist.

“Apologies, darling.” The latter apologised for her action. Winter just nodded like it didn’t bother her much. “Winter... if you ever decide to take up Ryujin's offer, please let me know?”

“I’d rather die.” She scoffed in disbelief. “Compared to you, she seems insufferable.” She didn’t mean to say those words, and she’s regretting now how it slipped.

Karina’s grin widened with radiating charm. "So, you're saying you enjoy my company more?" she teased. "Looks like I've won you over."

“Don’t get ahead of yourself.” Winter averted her gaze, not in the mood to justify herself.

  After that she went out of the room and went straight to her locker to get her stuff. Unfortunately, she got caught by the rain and has been waiting for it to stop for probably 10 minutes now. She burst out of her bubble when a familiar voice startled her, and Winter just wanted to roll her eyes again. What are the odds?

“Caught in the rain, darling?”

 

 

The rain fell in a gentle drizzle, casting a romantic ambiance over the college campus. The notable head girl, Karina, with her vibrant energy and captivating smile, made her way through the wet pathways, turning heads and leaving a trail of whispers in her wake. Her steps were confident, her presence magnetic, and her eyes were like two sparkling blue gems that seemed to hold a secret just for a certain someone.

 

 Karina spotted Winter, the apple of her eye, standing under the awning, her stoic expression seemingly unaffected by the rain. Undeterred by Winter's apparent indifference, Karina sauntered over with a confident grace, her every movement deliberate and enchanting.

 

“Caught in the rain, darling?” Karina purred, her voice a melodious blend of playfulness and charm.

 

Winter arched an eyebrow, her expression remaining impassive. “Karina. You again?” She silently mumbles under her breath.

 

Karina’s chuckle danced on the rain-scented breeze. “You know, most people run for cover when it rains. But here you are, embracing the elements like a mysterious protagonist in a novel.”

 

A corner of Winter’s lips twitched, a subtle acknowledgment of Karina's words. “I'm just waiting for the rain to wash away the chaos.” She replied, playing along.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter