end

Don't Step on My Grave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She wasn’t sure where she was, but the first thing she noticed was the cold. It felt like needles pushing at her, like when your legs are numb and start to wake up, but worse, more intense, more painful.

 

She didn’t know where she was, but she could perfectly make out Joohyun’s face in the dark. She would know those eyes, those lips, and that nose anywhere. She had spent a lot of time just admiring Joohyun’s face and wanting to touch it. She wanted to run to Joohyun, but something pulled her back, something akin to a hand, a scramble of body parts that didn’t want to let her go.

 

“Seungwan,” Joohyun said, “Please go with me.”

 

Where to? She wanted to voice, but her words were stuck in . It was like she couldn’t speak nor get a hold of Joohyun.

 

“Seungwan, please come back to me.”

 

She heard her closer this time like she was speaking right beside her. A minute she was saying goodbye to her and the next she was… nowhere. It was pitch dark. She was dead. But, again, she had always been.

 

“Time of death,” she heard again, and slowly Joohyun’s face disappeared.


 


 

“Please, do something!” Seulgi yelled, using her right hand to pull Seungwan close to Joohyun. “Irene, please wake up, she’s here!”

 

“Miss Kang, there’s nothing we--”

 

“That’s not an acceptable answer! You can’t just let them die!” Doctors were used to handling angry relatives, but it still struck them hard when a person called them out like that. “Irene, please please don’t go now. Just--Wendy! Bring her back now!”

 

Seulgi changed her tactic, shaking Wendy’s body now.

 

“This can’t be--I won’t let this be the end. You’re destined to be together. Just bring her back, Wendy, please.” Seulgi said with so much conviction that she could have made anyone believe her.

 

She was met with a sullen and ominous silence beside the machines’ beep. A nurse turned the machines off, declaring the ti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter