Checking out the apartment

Blind dates
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun parked his car opposite Kyobo bookstore and was surprised that there was a long queue outside the main glass door. It was like a snake and he wasn't sure where it ended. 

He had decided to drive over because he didn't get any further text from Ryeowook after her earlier text saying that she has reached the bookstore to start her autograph session.

He stepped nearer to the entrance and saw a chalk-written signboard next to the glass door, with the words "Autograph session for 'Best Friends'. Please queue here to get your book autograph by the writer!"

"Ohhh.... this queue is for her book? Woww... and Ryeowook-ssi thought that only 5 people would queue!" Kyuhyun laughed to himself. He stepped inside the bookstore and over at the far end to his left, condorned by some security guards, was Ryeowook herself, seated and smilingly asking a lady something, and then wrote something on her book and signed it, before passing it back to her.

Kyuhyun stood at one corner and watched her from far. Ryeowook looked so pretty in her mandarin-collared lavender top. Somehow, Kyuhyun felt proud of her, which he didn't know why, but he could feel her sense of achievement.

"Sir, if you want to buy the book "Best Friends", you better grab it now, because we left with a few copies only, and you can get it autograph!" a bookshop staff tell him politely. She gestured at where the books were. 

"Ahhh, thank you, Miss. Yeah, maybe I get one..." he smile and started walking towards the 'best seller' rack. A girl took a copy and now, only 2 copies left. Another girl quickly grabbed a copy before Kyuhyun and she gave Kyuhyun a triumph look. So he quickly grabbed the last copy before another girl beat him to it!! 

The book is a paperback edition, orange in colour, with a nice sketch of 2 individuals, under the title 'Best Friends'. He joined the queue to pay, and started flipping the book cover. For the writer's name, he noticed that Ryeowook' used a pen-name: RW Kim, and there was a brief write up on her as well. 

He didn't know why he bought the book on impromptu, maybe he felt that he wanted to support her....

He stepped back to his corner after his payment, to wait for her. Ryeowook happened to look at his direction, and smile and waved at him. She gestured a '5-more-minutes' and Kyuhyun smile back signaling that it was okay. The autograph session should be ending at 5.30pm but looking at the queue, Ryeowook might take another 15 minutes! 

"Sir, do you want to join the queue? The session is ending soon, if you want to get your book autographed" the same staff suddenly appeared next to him. Was she trailing him?! He wondered, chuckling to himself. 

"Errr.... no need. I can get my book sign by her, later" he smile politely, but seeing her confused look, he quickly added "I'm fetching her home" he smile. 

"Ohhh, my apologies, you are her boyfriend!" she closed in surprised "Woww, you two look so matching together!!" she said, nodded and smile. She bowed, and went off to get something. She returned and gave him a wooden chair! "Please have a seat. Miss Kim might take sometime..." she said and bowed at him, and smile again and left. 

"Thank you!!" he said after the retreating figure. He raised his eye-brows recalling the lady said.... "boyfriend....". Well, they just started to get to know each other, and he was still far from being her boyfriend, though he very much like the idea...

It turned out that the aut

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter