fin.

Eavesdrop
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Is there anything else, Yoosung?" Serin asked as she, Yoosung, and Yeonkyung's movie finished earlier than the others and were currently in the Student Council's room after returning everything they had borrowed while using one of the private rooms of the library.

Serin's university held a Movie Night over the weekend through the Student Council where there were four different movies played each night at the same time and today was the last night of it.

"No, I think that's it. Right?" Yoosung said as he looked over at Yeonkyung to re-confirm.

"I believe so." Yeonkyung answered as she looked about the room.

"I don't think there's anything else after this."

Just then Jaehwa, Taewoon, and Nayeon entered the room. The group of six greeted one another.

"So, there's nothing else after this right?" Jaehwa asked as Nayeon and Taewoon shook their heads.

"Nope. You're free to go." Taewoon informed her.

"Yeah. Me and Taewoon can finish up." Nayeon told her.

"Yeah, you and Serein can head on out. Thanks like always."

"You're welcome." Jaehwa said as she waved them off.

"Good night." She and Serin bid the four.

"Good night and thank you for helping like always!" The quartet thanked while waving.

"You're welcome."

The pair waved one last time before leaving and made their way on over to the gymnasium as that's where there other two friends would be. Serin and Jaehwa were minding their own business and talking about what they should do tonight when they met up with the other two as they hadn't really planned out anything. Suddenly someone grabbed Serin's shoulders from behind to scare her.

"Ahh!"

Serin heard the person scream against her ear and she swiveled quickly around to see who it was with an annoyed look. She hated when people did this sort of thing to her. Whether they were family, friend, or not. This was was a friend as her jaw tightened upon seeing a cheeky looking Jisung laughing at her.

"I got you. I so got you, Serin. You should've seen yo-"

Jisung stopped laughing when he saw Serin raised her fist not amused by his little stunt. Jaehwa happened to notice and tried to calm her friend down to not hurt the male.

"Ah, Serin, wait."

"Yeah, Serin, it's just a joke."

Jisung backed up when Serin advanced toward him. She swung at him and missed when Jisung dodged the attack.

"Wait. I'm s-"

He didn't finish his sentence. He turned around and ran off with Serin hot on his tail screaming profanities at him.

"Oh, I need to follow to make sure that she doesn't hurt him."

Jaehwa ran after the pair. Jisung continued to run for his life as he looked over his shoulder and freaked out upon seeing that Serin was still running after him. He didn't think it was that bad, but then he figured he just caught her at a bad time and then remembered that his friend didn't like loud noises, especially against her ears. He continued to apologize while still running, but Serin just told him that she'll kick his when she caught up to him. Just as Serin was about to pounce on Jisung she instead crashed into another body when Jisung ran behind his other friend putting a barrier between her and him.

Serin and the other person went tumbling to the ground with Jisung's eyes widening in horror at what he had unintentionally caused. Serin quickly braced herself for the fall and immediately rolled off the person once they hit the ground. She groaned at first as she slowly got back up while checking for injuries on herself and apologizing to the person that she had collided with without actually looking over at them. Her attention swiftly looked for her mischievous friend and saw Jisung standing off to the side with a sheepish expression. He waved at her with a smile in hopes that would calm her down. It did not. She glared at him while pointing a finger in his direction.

"We're no longer friends, brat."

"Oh, c'mon, Serin, don't be like that."

Jisung frowned with a pout.

"I didn't mean for this to happen."

"You said that a lot when we first met and look at where we are because of it."

"You have to admit that they make great stories."

Jisung chuckled while recalling one of them.

"Remember that time when we went to the amusement park and I won you that squirrel plush doll?"

"Only because you ditched me last minute on the roller coaster ride because you admitted you were scared of heights even I was scared of heights myself."

"Oh, right. How about that time at the haunted house and-"

JIsung instantly stop talking when Serin raised a fist in warning.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

Their attention turned towards two others who suddenly started chuckling upon the pair's interaction. Serin realized that they were Jisung's other close friends, Changbin and Chan. Chan was the person she had ran into and seemed to be fine from the incident. Jisung cast his friends with a weird look.

"Why are you guys laughing?"

"You really didn't make up those stories, huh?" Chan asked still chuckling.

Jisung seemed offended.

"Did y'all really think I made up those stories?"

"Hell yeah we did. We thought you were imagining them all up." Changbin answered.

"Wait a ing minute," Serin interjected, "You've been talking about me to your friends?"

"I never mentioned your name though." Jisung clarified.

"You lit-"

"Serin!"

She stopped talking and turned to see who was calling out to h

Please log in to read the full chapter