Story

Heresy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was by absolute bastard chance that she found her.

The fates hadn't told her to throw a fit at her disobedient hounds, to burn up the building and stalk off dramatically as servant souls hurried to clean behind her. The castle was bold, all marble and bronze and grand, but it was always covered in vines and grime and she hated, hated retreating to her room.

So instead, she takes the elevator up to the living world and emerges at the foot of a mountain, staring into fields of newly risen sunflowers and poppies.

So newly risen are the flowers that, unknown to the goddess, there were still some yet to bloom. And so she watches, immediately entranced, as a woman with long dark hair and a simple dress ran her fingers across countless petals and stems and seemed to pull them all towards her, the colors brightening and the sun lighting the earth up even brighter than before. She knows instantly, even aside from the power, that the woman is a goddess.

She's ethereal, but not recognizable, so a minor goddess.

And Siyeon wants.

Who better, what better to liven up hell than the sweet, rejuvenating energy of the plants' little protector?

She screams just once. It's more a gasp, really, surprised as she's grabbed, and the next time Siyeon sees her face—lit by the fires of her chariot as they descend—her eyes are open in amazement.

"Her name is Minji," Siyeon says in response, and she's almost proud. There's no reason for that—she hadn't named the woman, of course, but hearing the soft Minji in response to her stilted questioning had been...

"I didn't ask that, I asked who the heck is about to burst down here and kill you again for taking her! Unnie, she's a minor goddess! That means there's a pissed off major god or goddess or both up there!"

SIyeon groans in frustration, slouching down on her throne as Gahyeon crosses her arms. Her horns would crackle when she got upset, which was...cute, honestly. Gahyeon was a lovely anomaly, a soul strong enough to resist possession within a body that couldn't take it. She pouted when Siyeon had told her she'd died, and at that moment the monarch knew—she'd keep this one around.

"Did you think at all?"

Even if she pushed her luck a decent amount of the time.

"Alright, you don't like it, got it. Now go find her a room," Siyeon huffs. Gahyeon rolls her eyes and storms off, murmuring under her breath.

Siyeon turns back to the garden, where the hedges and trees and vines are still dead. A single flower, however, upright under Minji's palm, is no longer the horrible ashen grey of the rest.

"Hello," Minji says.

The grass at her feet is yellow, slowly shifting even as Siyeon dawdles in the little courtyard in front of her. Minji sits upright on the bench, hair still disturbed from the journey, but she just waits for the goddess to approach.

She truly is gorgeous. Her skin is soft, tan from the sun, and she still appears radiant in the flame-lit surroundings. Siyeon would almost believe she was emitting actual light.

"You aren't going to ask me anything?"

Minji smiles, strangely, and Siyeon finds herself just watching.

"Alright. Why am I here?"

"You're...well. I suppose you're my guest. Prisoner, if you dislike the invitation," and she sits next to the woman.

Even though she's prepare

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter