Chapter 18.5

Ang Tinder Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Her texts are getting frequent.

 

She's really determined talaga to have a talk with me. I have no idea why but at the same time parang alam ko rin kung bakit.

 

I know she's well aware that I'm dating someone else now. She's seen me with Winter multiple times. Hindi naman siya dense not to see that something's going on with me and Winter.

 

Is that it? Kaya niya ba ako gustong kausapin at mag try to have a go again with our relationship because she hates that I'm finally moving on?

 

Her mom even called me. I'm having this feeling na she did that on purpose -- yung hindi umuwi, because she knows it's me that her Mom was going to contact.

 

Ginawa na rin niya ito before when we had a fight noong kami pa.

 

Yeji, she doesn't have a lot of friends. In fact, ako na yata yung talagang naging pinaka close niya. She doesn't open up to people. Ayaw niya na may nakakaclose siya. She's a very closed off person.

 

Her mom knows about it. Ako lang ang kilala ng nanay niya na naging sobrang tight with Yeji given that we're childhood friends. That's why ako yung una niyang tinatawagan when she needs help with her daughter.

 

Hindi niya alam na Yeji and I had a romantic relationship but alam niya that it's me her daughter confides in.

 

Hindi ko na rin talaga alam ang gagawin kay Yeji. She's the kind of girl kasi na gagawin ang gusto niya kahit pa may magsabi sa kanya ng "No". It's one of the many toxic traits that she has.

 

Hindi naman ako manhid. Even though I don't really want to have anything to do with her anymore, I admit that I got a bit worried when her Mom called. After all, she's someone that I've known ever since I was a kid.

 

It's probably just natural for me to feel that way.

 

I remember the guilt that I felt noong mag cross paths kami sa Engineering building when I was with Winter.

 

She asked who I was with. Hindi siya tanga at alam kong aware siya. But she just had to put me on spotlight. As if challenging me. I didn't cower.

 

I told her I'm with someone who's so much better than her. And it's true. I don't regret telling that to her because honestly, Winter is one of the best people na nakilala ko.

 

I felt guilty, however, when I saw the look of hurt in her face. She has always been insecure with herself. And for me to tell her that, it must have hit a nerve.

 

Thankfully, Winter always knows how to make me feel better. She didn't make me feel like I had to worry. Palagi niya akong kinocomfort. She's just so good to me.

 

She's too good for me that I sometimes feel like I don't deserve her kindness. Her understanding.

 

What if one day she just calls it quits sa aming dalawa because of Yeji?

 

Kahit naman sinasabi niya na okay lang sa kanya, that I don't have anything to be sorry about, I can sense that it bothers her.

 

Especially when I told her about the call that I received from Yeji's mom.

 

She had this look on her face that I'm not used to seeing. Parang bigla siyang naging cold at tahimik. Hindi ako sanay na ganon siya.

 

But I can't really blame her. All I could do was assure her that it's really over between me and my ex and all Yeji can do ay magtext nang magtext pero I'll keep ignoring the messages.

 

Pero napapatanong rin ako sa sarili ko: hanggang kailan?

 

Dadating kaya yung oras na I wouldn't have a choice but to talk to Yeji?

 

Ano pa ba ang pag uusapan kasi namin? Sinabi ko naman sa kanya na hindi na kami magkakabalikan pa. Talagang na-dala lang ako last time.

 

Pero no, hindi ko hahayaan. I don't want to ruin whatever Winter and I have right now. I'm really happy with her. I'm not letting someone from my past ruin the happiness that I have in the present.

 

I promised Winter na hindi ko hahayaan na may umepal at wala akong balak i-break yun. I once hurt her because of Yeji, ayoko na ulit mangyari yun. At least I'll try not to.

 

Winter is my main source of happiness ngayon. I glow every time I'm with her. I smile more. I laugh more.

 

Gusto ko lagi ko siyang nakikita at nahahawakan. I can't get enough of her.

 

Even my friends have been pointing out yung changes sa akin ever since makilala ko si Winter. After kasi ng break up namin ni Yeji almost 9 months ago, bihira lang din nila ako makita. Puro acads lang ang pinagkakaabalahan ko.

 

Ngayon, I get to be with them sa mga hangouts. Sabi nila I have this look on my face that just seems very happy especially kapag kausap ko si Winter sa phone or katext ko siya.

 

I told Giselle about Yeji's messages pati na rin yung pag tawag sa akin ng Mom niya.

 

"Kat, it's probably just one of her tactics to get you back. You know her, she's very manipulative. I honestly can't fathom how you managed to stay with her for a long time." Giselle said. We're in her room trying to study.

 

I sighed, stress evident in my voice "I don't wanna talk about that anymore. It's been over for months. I just want to figure out how I'd handle her. She obviously can't take no for an answer."

 

Humarap sa akin si Giselle at binitawan yung hawak na handouts, "Eto Kat ha, I'll be very blunt with you. Why haven't you blocked her sa lahat ng social media platforms?"

 

Tumabi siya sa akin and she continued, "You know doing that will help set her mind na it's really over. That it's flat out done. Baka kasi kaya namamag-asa pa yan, because you haven't really closed off every single thing that connects you with her."

 

I looked down. She held my hand to console me.

 

"I know you don't love her anymore. I can tell naman. But there's still that tiny bit part of you that is concerned about her, isn't there? Because she doesn't have anyone, right?" she sighed and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter