Enter Prologue

Manhwanism
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

No one expected for the ever quiet Marquess of the Gureistone House to retaliate at her rival and also the villain of the story—

 

"This is quite enough Eury! Princess Arizona doesn't want your presence in the Palace anymore and that includes Seasonal Gatherings." 

 

Her voice was firm that even their acquaintances and friends are surprised at the sudden outburst. It was quite understandable considering Count Eury's treatment towards the Honorable Marquess. 

 

"I'm also a noble! Why wasn't I invited?! This is clearly your doing Gureistone! You who worked your way up to her heart and broke our engagement!" The blonde-haired noble shouts back, not surprising everyone for it is a sight and behavior they always observed from her. 

 

The Marquess of the Gureistone House looked away with such sadness in her eyes, she rarely depicts any kind of emotion but because of the bottled-up feelings from struggling against her ex-childhood friend and now rival, it just came out of their own. 

 

"Arizona never loved you." 

 

It wasn't meant to be used as a weapon, it wasn't meant to be the salt of a burning wound. Their friends and fellow nobles noticed the Count's expression and was about to intervene but Marquess Gureistone's hand stopped them. She only said that to stop the Count from any more of her schemes but of course, as always, it only angered the already raging noble. 

 

The Count, despite the strong holds of her corset, still managed to collar the Marquess and punched her right into that perfectly sculpted cheekbone of hers. It was strong and filled with hate. Marquess Gureistone fell unto the ground, coughing up blood and that's when the others stepped up. 

 

Two women rushed to the Marquess's side and the rest held the Count off. 

 

As the other nobles and guards fend her off, the Marquess of the Gureistone Household took one last look of Count Eury's face: she was smirking as if telling her and everyone at the scene how she's not done with her yet. 

 

"Master!" 

 

Marquess Gureistone's Head Butler, Clyde Holt immediately went to her aid but his call, along with the hands of other two ladies fell into deaf ears as the Marquess sighed and shut her hearing down, feeling remorseful at another attempt of reconciling with her deprived friend in hopes of having a peaceful wedding with her beloved Princess. 

 

Kim Dahyun closed the book and stretched her limbs. It's the 6th time she read this book, Trinity Became The Youngest Marquis After She Slipped on Ice in Her Previous Life and yet it still gets her to the feels eveytime she reads it. The MC, Marquess Gureistone was one of her favorite characters of all time. She wasn't dumb, she isn't selfish, she's intelligent and cares about others despite of how she looks at the outside. 

 

"No wonder Princess Arizona fell for her. Look at this, that dumb Count even punched her and yet she's worried about her old friend. Marquess Gureistone really reached out to her over and over again until the Princess had enough and ordered the guards to capture the Count and sentenced her to death after trying to destroy the wedding." 

 

Dahyun smiled and placed her hands at the back of her head as she looked at the ceiling, "Deserved me thinks." 

 

A couple of shuffle and groans were heard before Dahyun turned around to meet her half- girlfriend, standing up from their shared bed.

 

"What are you snickering about you little dufus." 

 

A wide smile has spread across Dahyun's face absentmindedly and stared at her girlfriend, well until she broke her trance by sitting on her lap. 

 

"I'm just reading a book." She stated. 

 

"Hmmm. Of course you are." Her girlfriend wrapped her arms around Dahyun's neck and kissed her on the lips without further notice. 

 

It was sloppy but Dahyun liked it. 

 

"Mina.....your parents and aunts are outside chatting. They might barge in you know?" 

 

Dahyun released a chuckle when Mina bit her jawline. 

 

"Let them be. My family probably adores you more than they could ever coo on me."

 

It was quite the truth both of them loved. Mina's family was really accepting, well it's only natural since Mina came from two mothers but still even her uncles were more than accepting of whatever life it is that she's making. 

 

When she introduced Dahyun to them, the korean immediately captured their hearts. Who wouldn't? When Dahyun's a natural born charmer, a talented individual and talks scholarly. All was given except for the fact that Dahyun's a hardcore otaku who also loves to read Yuri fantasy novels and manhwas. 

 

Nevertheless Mina loves her the same—and more.

 

"How about we greet them? They did fly all the way from Japan to be here and support us in our university exam." Dahyun suggested.

 

And they did. That day, Dahyun received the most gifts out of the two of them.

 

"Aunt Mistuhiko! You're looking pretty as ever! I thought increasing one's age would make them older but you seem to be getting younger day by day, my god!" 

 

Everyone around the circle laughed, including Mina who's always amused at her girlfriend's ability to charm other people. 

 

"My, my Dahyun you never disappoint! Your japanese is also getting better and better, especially at enchanting people. I'm sure our girl herehave quite the trouble in dealing with the ladies you managed to capture." 

 

That's quite true. In the early days of their relationship, Mina had a hard time adjusting with the bunch of girls approaching them, breaching their privacy just for the hopes of having a chat with Dahyun. Usually it was Mina's common problem in her past relationships as men and women alike are so easily attracted to her but with Dahyun's case—it was entirely different. 

 

Dahyun's just so...overly friendly and good with words that sometimes it's hard not to like her too much. 

 

But now...

 

Mina smirked and tilted her head at Dahyun as she rests her chin on top of her hand, letting her bangs fall and cover her right eye.

 

"Not anymore Auntie, Dahyun knows who she belongs to." 

 

Dahyun grinned at her response and winked. 

 

"Well I suppose Dahyun's not that kind of person anyways." 

 

The dinner ended well and after cleaning everything up and Dahyun and Mina found themselves cuddling in their snuggly bed sheets—well fine—making out rather. 

 

Mina was the first one to break their kiss and lean out a bit.

 

"Dahyun, after university...what are you planning to do?" 

 

Dahyun looked down at Mina and rested her body in between her legs, positioning her head just right below the japanese girl's bossoms. 

 

"Hmmmm I think I'd want to receive military training first before working." 

 

Mina can't help but get quiet at that. It was always Dahyun's dream to sign up for the Military and serve a couple of years in her mid 20s before settling. Mina knew that so it wasn't a shocker for Dahyun to say that. 

 

"How about you Mina? What do you want to do after graduation?" 

 

Mina smiled, not her cunning killer smile but a smile that looks ahead at the future, a genuine warm one. 

 

She ran her hands on Dahyun's hair and answered, "I want to get married to you." 

 

No hesitation. Direct and simple. Dahyun's heart can't help but jump in joy after that. 

 

"But of course I'd have to wait and it's o—"

 

"Okay." 

 

Mina stopped talking and slowly widened her eyes, "What?"

 

Dahyun was forced to sit up straight when Mina abruptly sat properly. 

 

"I said okay." 

 

Mina looked at her, finding any trace of her playful side teasing with her but she found none. 

 

Her girlfriend's lack of response made Dahyun plaster a small smile and grabbed both of Mina's hands before kissing it. 

 

"Mina. Marry me." 

 

~~~

 

Yawning, Dahyun entered the public library and even without looking, she already knows her friends are here.

 

"Yah Lisa that bottle cap is mine, go find something else to play!" 

 

"What the—I found it first!" 

 

Dahyun sighed. It's still too early for this. 

 

"Yo." 

 

"Good Morning Dah—woah ! Look at those bags! Have you always been so eager to pass the exams?" Her oldest friend, Moonbyul stated.

 

Dahyun sat on an empty chair next to Jihyo and temporarily pulled her turtleneck off. 

 

"Woah. You guys went really wild last night. No wonder your neighbors filed a complaint this morning." 

 

Dahyun chuckled and bowed slightly, "Tell your Dad I'm sorry." 

 

Jeongyeon. Yoo Jeongyeon, Dahyun's friend and also the daughter of their land lord. 

 

"Nevermind that Dubu, you should do something about this cheating best friend of yours." Jennie, Kim Jennie also Dahyun's friend. 

 

"Ha?! We were just talking about bottle caps earlier! How the hell did you came up with that conclusion woman!" Lisa, Lalisa Manoban, an exchange student from Thailand who stayed for good. 

 

"I should've just studied at home." Jihyo stated as she pinched the bridge of her nose. 

 

"Noooo! Jihyo-ssi you're our only hope here, Byul and I can't cover all the subjects waaaah!" 

 

"Goddamnit Minhyuk stop crying!" 

 

These bunch are weird but they are Dahyun's friends so she really don't have much of a choice. 

 

Moon Byul-yi

Yoo Jeongyeon

Kim Jennie

Lalisa Manoban

Park Jihyo and;

Lee Minhyuk

 

Today they're out for a final study session before the big exams tomorrow. The city's already preparing for the parade and might practice in the afternoon that's why they held their study session early in the morning—an unfortunately bad time for Dahyun. 

 

"By the way, Jilhyo I heard your parents are trying to hook you up with a guy? What was his name again? Dracula? Dinosaur?" 

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes, "Daniel. His name is Daniel." 

 

Everyone laughed at this and also for Jeongyeon's stupidity. 

 

"Your parents should stop assuming you're straight just because you haven't dated anyone yet." Dahyun lowly stated. 

 

"Yeah right girl, I was actually beginning to wonder if you have a secret girlfriend behind our backs." Jennie added in. 

 

"Dahyun's right. My path was never straight to begin with. It's just that I don't have anyone to walk that path with, yet." Jihyo replied. 

 

"Hoh? At this rate you're going to end up as a Nun in the Cathedral you know?" Dahyun casually said which earned her a flick on the forehead. 

 

"If only she's not a dumb smartass." Jihyo muttered. 

 

Jeongyeon excitedly leaned when she heard that, "Who, who who?" 

 

Dahyun darts her eyes from Jeongyeon to Jihyo then back to Jeongyeon and smirked. 

 

"Oh she's quite dumb aight." 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter