Hwasun Interlude

Fire Made Flesh

Finding Hyejin laughing and playing with her dragons is not a rare sight at all.  

 

“Hey, you're back!  Look what I taught them!” Hyejin exclaims, then throws some meat ion the floor in front of them.  The dragons starts hackling, trying to breath out fire to cook the meat.

 

“Pretty cool huh? They can burn things now!” 

 

Yongsun shook her head in amusement, “thank you Hyejin, for teaching them how to burn things now.  Please let them know to only do it with food.”

 

“Or on command.”

 

Sighing, Yongsun agreed as she sat down, with the babies coming up to her, “yes, or on command.” 

 

Hyejin came up and laid down next to her, staring into the clouds, “So..”

 

“Hm?”

 

“How was Moon Byulyi?” 

 

The queen doesn’t quite know how to respond to that, so she settle with, “Odd.” 

 

“What?  She didn’t demand her freedom like the other masters?”

 

“No, she didn’t seem to care she was there at all,” 

 

The assassin glances over at her, reaching out for one of the dragon to pet, “maybe she’s just really confident,”

 

“I don't think so.  It was more of -” Youngsun halted, then continued, “aloofness.” 

 

“Hmmm, maybe I can talk to her?  Feel her out?”

 

“She cares a lot of Jung Wheein.”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Hm, when I asked her about the guild, she pretended she didn’t know. Once I brought up Jung Wheein, she got really defensive and gave me all the names.” 

 

The shorter girl smirks, “maybe they’re ...you know.”

 

Youngsun gave the girl a side glance, “Do you think so?”

 

Shaking her head, Hyejin answered, “Nah, when she was there earlier, seems more like family than lover.  But then again, this master and slave , who knows how it works?  I don’t” 

 

“Yeah, I don't either.  I will talk to Jung Wheein tomorrow, at her house, to get a better feel.”

 

“You still have your open forum tomorrow,”  Hyejin reminder her queen, 

 

“Yes, i will go after,”

 

“I’ll go with,”

 

Youngsun turns to look at the other girl, whose playing with her dragon without a care in the world, 

 

“Really?  You'd go with?”

 

Hyejin looks over and gave the queen a smirk, “What can I say?  She’s cute.”

 

“Oh my goodness.  Cute girls and dragons, that’s how to reform an assassin.  Good to know.” 

 

“I’m easy to please,” 

 

“Well okay miss easy to please, tomorrow, we will go talk to Jung Wheein.”

 

Hyejin nod, not really having anything else to say.  The two young girls sat in silence for a bit, just playing with the dragons, when Youngsun remembers the weird message Byulyi wanted to pass along.

 

“Do you know what she means by “I’m sorry about your duck”?”
 

“Huh?”

 

“When i left, Byulyi told me to tell Wheein that she’s sorry about her duck.”

 

“How the hell should I know what that means?” 

 

“Okay, I just want to make sure it’s not some secret code or something.”

 

“It might be,” Hyejin shrug, “but it's not really a secret if random people know about it.” 

 

Youngsun blushed, “right..”
 

“You're pretty dumb you know?”

 

“Yah!  Watch who you're talking to!” 

 

“It’s a good thing you have me.  Where would you be without me? I don't get paid enough for this.”

 

“....you don't get paid at all.”

 

Hyejin froze, “what the hell...you're right!  What the hell?!  Why am I not getting paid??”

 

The blond girl gasps, “You're the one who follows me!  I never ask you to!”

 

“I give you good advice!”

 

“Just stab them until they bow down is not good advice!” 

 

“Excuse me, that’s great advice! That’s at least 10 coins!”

 

“That’s horrible advice!  So is - “  Youngsun clear and mimic the assassin, “‘I can cut off their legs, then they’ll have no choice but to fall to your feet”

 

“Wow you , don't ever go into acting.”

 

“I have no plans - “

 

“That’s another piece of advice!  5 coins”!
 

“That was a comment!”

 

“No it was - “

 

They were cut off by the dragons shrieking at them, probably annoy that their human play partners were no longer playing with them.

 

The girls looked at each other then burst out laughing.

 

Despite their differences, they’re really glad to have each other.