First Meeting

Fire Made Flesh

This is not what she was expecting when she opened the forum today.

 

Well, yes, most of the troubles she listened to today is one she and Hyejin already discussed and planned for.

 

But then Jung Wheein came in and now she’s at a loss.  She figure the best course of action is to talk to this Moon Byulyi first before proceeding. 

 

She really wishes Hyejin is here with her.  

 

Funny how just a couple months ago, she was trying to kill Hyejin and now, the ex-assassin (well she hopes ex, she tries not to ask Hyejin where she’s going often), is one of her closest confidants.  Her only confidant actually.  Yes, she should get some more. Most of Hyejin's plans involve stabbing.  Yes, definitely going to look to expand her confidant circle.  

 

Back to the matter at hand.  Jung Wheein.  Moon Byulyi.

 

 She originally planned on contacting the old slaves of these masters for testimonies to decide on their punishment.  Youngsun never expected anyone to come before her asking for a master to be released. 

 

Moon Byulyi must be special if her ex-slaves are coming forward to plead on her behalf.

 

Youngsun opens the door to room 6 and walks in, pausing at the state the prisoner is in and barely registering her greeting. 

 

She’s sitting on the floor with her back rested on the wall and her head lean back.  One of her legs stretched out in front of her and the other one pull up to her chest.  On the leg that’s stretched out, she sees a cloth wrapped around the thigh, slightly red.  Good, it seems her men listen to her when she requested all the masters be treated for any injury and kept alive. 

 

The girl's shirt was torn in places, and another cloth wrapped around her shoulder, also slightly with blood. She’s dirty, her face and hair is smeared with dirt, dried blood over her. 

 

Youngsun frown, noticing the shackles attached to her ankles, the chain leading a big heavy looking metal ball.  

 

A chuckle pulls her from her thoughts.

 

“My apologies Princess, for my subpar apparences.  I promise I’m normally much cleaner than this.” 

 

Even at a time like this, the girl is joking around.

 

“Yes,” Yongsun mutters, sitting on the lonesome chair in the room, “I would imagine, as a master, you don't get dirty at all.”
 

The girl gave a halfhearted shrug with one shoulder, “I can if the situation calls for it,”

 

“Like now?” youngsun an eyebrow at the crooked smile she received in reply.

 

No.  She’s not here to entertain a prisoner.  She’s here on a mission.

 

Youngsun stared at the girl and commanded, “Tell me about the Guild of Conduct.” 

 

“Hm? What’s that?” was the nonchalant reply she received, 

 

Youngsun sigh, “I’m a very busy woman Byulyi-shi.  I am not here to entertain you.”

 

A slow blink then a drawn out answer, “That’s a shame, I’m quite bored in here.” 

 

“Jung Wheein came in with some of your ex slaves, pleading for your freedom,” Youngsun grounds out, giving this girl one last chance, “Are you going to waste it by pretending ignorance?”

Byulyi sat up straighter, eyes narrow as she shortly reply, “Leave her out of this, she doesn’t know anything.” 

 

Yongsun paused at her defensiveness.  Interesting.

 

“You care for her,” Youngsun observes, 

 

The other girl simply ignored her, “What do you want to know?” 

 

“Why do you, a master, care so much for her, a slave?”

 

“That’s not why you're here,” 

 

Youngsun glares at the prisoner, but see that she’s not going to back down, and she’s right, Youngsun is not here to hear about her relationship, she’s here for the Guild information.

 

“You're right, tell me about the guild.  Who’s in it?  Who runs it? One of your servants mentioned she was your accountant for the guild.  Explain that.” 

 

“That’s a lot to ask Princess,” Byulyi answered back with the carefree attitude again,

 

“I’m a queen.” 

 

“Okay.”  She pauses for a second then continues, “There’s 7 main members to the Guild at all times.  Of those 7 members, 5 members get voting power.  Who gets to vote changes each meeting. Each time a slave is freed, the master must pay for the loss of labor.  That’s what I do. I keep the accurate count of the payment then hand them to the treasurer at the end of the year.”

“I see.  Are you part of the 7 members?”

“No, I’m not.”

 

“But you know who they are.” Youngsun reply, a question that she already know the answer to.

 

Byulyi smiles, “Yes.” Then proceed to list out the names with Youngsun repeating it and committing it to memory. 

 

Youngsun nods, satisfied for now. She stood up to leave, “Thank you, you have been a great help.  I’ll send in someone to look over your wounds, and clean it.  I’ll speak to Jung Wheein and will get back to you.”

 

Just as she got to the door, Byulyi called out, “Princess,”

 

She turns back, “Queen.”

 

“Tell Wheein I’m sorry about her duck,”

 

Youngsun quirk an eyebrow, that’s an odd thing to say, but  instead of voicing that, she instead said, “I’m not your messenger,”

 

The prisoner gave her another crooked smile, “No, you're not.”

 

The blond queen observed as the girl serenely rest her head back against the wall, as if she doesn’t care about her situation.

 

Youngsun turns to walk out, gently closing the door behind her.

 

She shook her head as she walked away, not knowing what to truly make of this Moon Byulyi. 

 

She’s way too calm for being shackled and bleeding away in a prison room. But Youngsun also knows she’s not lying about the Guild, and from the short interaction, she cares deeply for this Jung Wheein.  That’s truly the only time she displays any emotion other than carefree.  

 

“Your Grace, you’re back! Did she give you any trouble, Your Grace?  I’ll be sure to take care of her if she does!” 

 

“No, kind sir,” Youngsun gently told him, not really happy with how violent he is, “I do have a request however,”

 

“Of course!  Anything for you Your Grace,”

 

“Please send for a medic to treat her wounds.  My guard, you know her, she’s mostly beside me, will come to collect the prisoner within 72 hours,” 

 

“Yes, your Grace!”  He bows and hurry away, hopefully to get a medic.
 



Short chapter written as i was listening WHEE! i was inspired because WHEE is out!!! It is amazing and so Wheein~ i love love love it!  also Dream Radio with Moonsun! MooMoos are so well fed i go to sleep and wake up to a million new contents seriously