Suspicious Prof. Byun

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]01[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Suspicious Prof. Byun[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Sora took a glance at her luxurious clock. It was almost nine. "My class starts in five minutes."

"Good then, take care honey and eat lunch."

She nodded with a smile on her face. Hearing her mother's angelic voice was the best thing in the world. "Ok... but you're the one who must be careful. Please mom... you've tested positive for Corona virus! I don't understand how they let you walk around the hospital freely!"

"It's because our medical team needs help and I'm a doctor. Also, here's mine."

Sora frowned. "Mom!"

Her mother laughed. "Fine, fine Dr. Kang! I own a hospital, you know? I know how to take care of myself..."

The girl nodded. Things were hard without her. Her sister wasn't at home anymore and that made her feel lonelier. "Seulgi unnie called me yesterday... she said her baby is a boy."

"You think she hasn't told me? I assume Seul has screamed to the whole world by now." She coughed several times before continuing. "I should have been there for her, like other mothers... I feel guilty for real."

Sora flipped her hair. "Mom, don't talk like that. You are the greatest mother in the univer- oh." She looked down at her feet. "Hey! What's wrong with you, Ari?!" The little puppy was trying to climb up her legs. "Come here..." Sora took him up. "Say hello to mama." He barked, making his owner giggle.

"Cute Ari, take care of my daught-"

"Ms. Lee!" A nurse called, taking her mother's attention.

"You are the best, my sweetie. I got to go now. Mom loves you." She blew her a kiss.

"Sora loves you too." She ended the video call and her laptop. Her phone started buzzing. Sora rolled her eyes as she checked their group chat. Those were for sure blabbering.

Leoy:
I hate biochemistry!    Mina:
Me 2   Hoseok:
Me 3   Roseanne:
Biochemistry again...
I hate u all!   Loey:
Huh?!   Sora:
:\\\\\   Hoseok:
Is she serious?   Mina:
Anne, that's the sh*t we have to study this semester, no way to escape. Stop nagging!   Roseanne:
Who's the professor? I hope it's not that Kim Jongdae because this semester I'm going to go to uni and slap his face!   Mina:
My sis said Prof. Kim is busy with his projects about Corona Virus. So Prof. Byun is our lecturer.   Roseanne:
Is he handsome?   Loey:
Why do you care?   Mina:
Shouldn't you ask whether he's single or not?  

"Professor Byun?" That name seemed familiar to her. "Ah... Byun Baekhyun! Those articles about chemistry were by him!" Sora took a glance at her laptop's screen. The professor had his camera already. She started typing with lightening speed.

 

Sora:
HE IS HERE!  

She put her phone on her desk and sat in front of her laptop. Sora looked at her pet. "Ari, keep quiet, ok? I'm studying." Ari sat on her bed silently. "Good boy."

The man started checking his microphone and camera, then ran his fingers through his hair before starting to speak. "Hello everyone. I'm Professor Byun Baekhyun, and... we are going to enjoy studying biochemistry together during this semester."

Sora's froze. Was he their professor or one of the students? He seemed too young to be a biochemist, even his photos on different magazines weren't able to portray his handsome face. "God... he is... is he a professor for real?"

"So... biochemistry, as you know, is one of your important courses and be sure I'm not going to let you pass it with awful scores, like previous semest-" The sound of slamming the door took his attention. Baekhyun turned his head to the left and frowned. "Where were you?"

"Out." That was all the female speaker said. Who was she? His girlfriend? Her voice seemed young and beautiful. Sora had never been that curious.

"That is not the answer I wanted to-" Suddenly, he realized that his students were observing everything. "Sorry everyone, please give me a moment." He muted his voice and put his headset down before standing up. Sora took her phone.

Roseanne:
Heard that?!   Mina:
Yep, that means he has a girlfriend.   Leoy:
Girlfriend? Maybe she was his sister!   Roseanne:
Come on, that wasn't the way you treat your sister. It was like... some boyfriends are like that! Too obsessed!   Mina:
Why was he angry with his girlfriend?   Hoseok:
Why are we discussing this? It's none of our business!   Sora:
Maybe there's something wrong between them...   Mina:
Why did he talk to her like that?
This is suspicious...   Roseanne:
Excatly!   Hoseok:
Are you ignoring me???   Leoy:
They are, this is called a girl talk.
So shut it!   Mina:
I searched about him guys, he's single.
So that girl is his girlfriend.   Sora:
But she can be his sister!   Roseanne:
We only heard her say a word, only one word! We can't say anything for sure!  

The professor turned his microphone on and Sora turned to her laptop's screen. He started massaging his forehead, showing that the conversation with that girl didn't go well. "I'm sorry everyone. Where was I? Someone tell me." He sent microphone and camera requests to a student, which happened to be Sora; having a name similar to a celebrity made her be everyone's first choice. She fixed her hair and clicked on accept. "Hello Ms. Kang... nice to meet you. What was I saying?"

"Hi... it's my pleasure to meet you too." She gulped. "You... you were saying that..." Sora paused, her mind went blank all of a sudden. What happened? Was it because of him staring at her? "You were saying that... aha! You were saying that you won't let us pass this semester like ious one."

Baekhyun nodded. "How was your biochemistry grade?"

Sora looked down, feeling ashamed. "It... it wasn't too bad."

"Tell me."

"I got a... D+." Sora said shyly. She wasn't used to that score, her normal scores were A+ or A. Why was he making her feel that way? Sadistic man!

"Tell me the exact percentage." He kept his serious face. Correction, scary face. Just then was the moment Sora stopped liking him, the scientist who she had adored for five years.

"68% it was."

"And as I've seen... you got the highest score last semester... this is disappointing. I know Professor Kim and he is good at teaching. This means one thing, you do not study very well."

"No, no!" Sora blurted out. "It's not like that, professor! We... we are studying online. That is the reason, I assume. I know some of my classmates, we were friends since high school. I know that they are studious! I am too. Just this situation is a li-"

"You are not allowed to blame the situation. If you want to become a successful person, you'll use this quarantine in a positive way." He said seriously. "Remember Ms. Kang, only losers search for excuses. Are you and your friends, losers?"

She shook her head. "No."

"Then let's make this semester the brightest period of your life!" He clapped happily, making Sora jump. "I know you can do it. We are starting our class. Fighting!"
 

Just when the class was finished, Sora threw her headset away and fell on her bed, next to Ari. Baekhyun was a good lecturer and seemed kind, but the person who walked in his house at the beginning of the class made him bothered. Her phone's ringing sound brought her back to the real world. "Rosie?"

"Sora, are you going to go to uni or not?" She said without any greetings.

"What? Why?" She tilted her head. When did she promise her to go there?

"You wanted to meet Dr. Kim! You forgot?! I hate you!"

Sora sighed as she rubbed her forehead. "Ahh... yes, yes... I will go tomorrow; though there's a problem, I can't leave Ari alone..."

"Bring him here. I don't think Mr. Hwang will make a fuss if he stays here for an hour..." The girl said, a little bit uncertain.

Sora smiled as she petted her puppy. "Good. See you tomorrow."

"Thank you my bestie! Tell us books' names in the group chat then ok?"

"Ok." She said clumsily before hanging up.

"Sora

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter