The last person she expected

At your service
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just a syeonsha fic where Sihyeon is a famous actress who is in need of a bodyguard for the evening, and doesn’t expect this gorgeous and stunning woman (Aisha) to be the one, so something light/cute, thanks to Wonyosunni for the idea/ideas that led to this fic.




 

With less than a few hours to go before her latest movie premiere. Kim Sihyeon was feeling anxious. And not the typical sort of anxiety the actress felt just before she was to walk a red carpet and give an interview. This anxiety came from the fact that her bodyguard for the evening canceled on her at the last minute. Meaning, she had to find someone and soon before her big event. 

 

“It’s not like I can’t attend myself…” She could, but when you’re as famous as Kim Sihyeon. You can’t ever be too careful, and though she hasn’t had that many overzealous fans approach her. Sihyeon knows she would feel much better with a bodyguard for the night. That’s why she called her manager again to ask if they had anyone they could send over to her apartment.

 

“I don’t like to be bothersome like this..” Sihyeon began. 

 

“You, bothersome?” Her manager laughs on the other end like Sihyeon had said something completely ridiculous. “You are never bothersome. Now, I agree that you should have a bodyguard tonight. Give me an hour and find someone to you to your movie premiere, Sihyeon.”

 

“Thank you, so much. I really appreciate whatever you can do. I know it’s last minute.” Now Sihyeon feels relieved. Knowing that her manager is on the job and someone will be able to attend with her, makes her feel a lot better.

 

“You’re welcome, Sihyeon. I’ll call you back once I’ve gotten in touch with a new bodyguard for you.”

 

After she thanks her manager again, Sihyeon takes a breath, and allows herself to relax even further. With the major problem out of the way. The actress continues to get ready for her movie premiere. Earlier in the day Sihyeon had picked up her dress for the occasion. A perfect black dress for a premiere event, nothing too flashy, but stylish and eye-catching to be photographed for the red carpet. 

 

“Oh, my shoes. Where did I put my new shoes?”

 

Of course for any new red carpet event. It’s important to have the perfect shoes to go with said occasion. Sihyeon must have spent hours with her close friend Yiren looking for the perfect shoes to go with her dress. Yiren was glad to help but she definitely wanted to know as much as Sihyeon was willing to tell about her new film. Looking back it was certainly funny how Yiren kept on insisting no one would possibly know if Sihyeon chose to spoil the whole movie or anything. But, Sihyeon is proud of herself in the end for being a professional and not spilling too much about the movie.

 

Now she's thinking about her movie premiere again. Sihyeon does feel anxious, and though she knows her manager will be able to find someone. She can’t help being a little worried. The bodyguard hired had canceled on her last minute, sending her into complete panic. At this point, all the actress could hope for was her manager being able to find someone and soon.

 

“There are my shoes.” Sihyeon sighs in relief and sees the brand new box of shoes sitting in the corner of her bedroom. At least, that was one problem solved. The current and most important problem for Sihyeon was being handled by her manager. As she tried to get in touch with several different agencies she’s used in the past for most of her clients. All of whom told her more or less the same thing, all their employees were currently working or they didn’t have anyone to send out at the last minute.

 

This didn’t seem good, but knowing how important tonight was for Sihyeon. Her manager tried again, knowing at least one other option she could try. 


 

When Heo Yoorim received a call from her boss, a woman who identified herself as Kim Sihyeon’s manager wanted to talk to her. The first thought on Yoorim’s mind was that it had to be a prank. Why on earth would actress Kim Sihyeon’s manager be trying to reach her.

 

“Last time I checked I wasn’t an actress.”

 

“Very funny, Yoorim. I agree with you it could be a prank, but the woman seemed desperate. Will you atleast hear her out? Because if it’s legit you might have a job tonight?”

 

Yoorim is thankful her boss can’t see her rolling her eyes right now. Because the only place Yoorim planned to go was to her apartment to sleep. However, if this truly was legit and Kim Sihyeon’s manager is trying to contact her, then it was worth it to find out. 

 

“Okay, give her my number. I’ll take her call.”

 

“Oh, thank you, Yoorim. Seriously, if this is truly legit, you’d have an easy night of making a lot of money guarding Kim Sihyeon.”

 

“Yeah, sure…” Yoorim had her doubts, certainly. She does wait for the call from this manager though, if she’s even really Kim Sihyeon’s manager. The call comes in almost immediately after she gets off the phone with her boss. 

 

“Wow…”

 

Perhaps, her boss wasn’t really exaggerating. Yoorim did answer the call to be introduced to a woman who said she was Kim Sihyeon’s manager. The woman politely explained the situation, how the actress’ movie premiere was tonight, and her original bodyguard canceled on her at the last minute. 

 

“I know, it’s very last minute, Ms. Heo. But your boss sent me your resume and you have a lot of credentials here, plus you’ve worked for other celebrity clients at times. So you know how these red carpet events work. Sihyeon is already a nervous wreck since it’s her big movie premiere. You’d be doing me a favor if you could her tonight. I’ll of course double or even triple your usual fee.”
 

Now, there’s something in the way the woman says Sihyeon is nervous that does resonate with Yoorim. She can’t imagine how that must have felt preparing for a big event, knowing that your bodyguard for the night canceled at the last minute. Also, Yoorim doesn’t get any sort of feeling this woman is lying to her, what would she possibly have to gain. 

 

“You can send me the details and where to meet Ms. Kim.” Yoorim ultimately decides.

 

“What, really?” Sihyeon’s manager hadn’t meant to sound so hopeful, but she was running out of options. 

 

“Yes, really. I can’t imagine how she must be feeling right now before her movie premiere without a bodyguard. Please send me the details and I’ll attend.”

 

“Thank you, Ms. Heo. You are really a lifesaver right now, you have no idea. I’ll send you the details, thank you.”

 

Yoorim gets off the phone and sighs. Here she was ready to get to her apartment and sleep, but plans do change all the time. The only thing she’s going to be doing is getting ready to Kim Sihyeon to her movie premiere. To be honest, Yoorim doesn’t keep up with the latest movies or films. Though she does know Kim Sihyeon is a very famous actress.

 

With the details now on her phone of where she’s to meet Kim Sihyeon. Yoorim leaves the office and heads home to get ready. 

 

“So much for a quiet evening at home.”

 

As much as Yoorim would have preferred a quiet evening at home. She is also not the sort to ditch her responsibilities. She is certainly not someone to go back on her word either, and that’s more than enough to see this through. That’s why she goes home and changes into more suitable clothes for a nice evening out. Yoorim was halfway through picking out her suit jacket and slacks when her phone rang.

 

“Hi, Jiwon.” She answers with a smile, it’s always good to hear from her best friend.

 

“Hi, Yoorimie. What are you up to? Are you finally off the clock, do you want to hang out with Serim and I. We’re going out for a show and then a late dinner.”

 

That sounded nice. She loves spending time with the two of them. “As nice as it would be to spend time with you two. I’m afraid I’m not off the clock, I have to work tonight, unexpectedly.”
 

“Oh?” Now, Jiwon is curious. “Who are you watching over tonight?”

 

Yoorim chuckles. “You make it sound like I’m some sort of guardian angel.”

 

“You’re totally a guardian angel. Now, what’s the job? Some rich snob at a fancy party? Escorting a royal princess to a ball?”

 

Yoorim laughs. “Sort of, you know the actress Kim Sihyeon. She sort of is like a princess on her way to her fancy movie premiere.”

 

It takes five seconds, possibly less than that. Jiwon is screaming on the other end in excitement. Yoorim actually has to pull the phone away from her ear.

 

“You are going to be Kim Sihyeon’s bodyguard! She’s only one of the most amazing actresses there is right now. Oh, Yoorimie, you have to get her autograph for me before the night is over, please!”

 

“Well…” Yoorim pretends to think. “I guess, perhaps.”

 

“Heo Yoorim, after all our years of friendship, and that’s all you can say?”

 

There’s a soft chuckle on the phone and Yoorim then promises Jiwon she will see what she can do. After all, it’s not like she’s going to be doing anything other than being a bodyguard tonight. Yoorim doubts she’ll even talk much to the woman anyway. Finally, when Jiwon seems satisfied they end the call, and Yoorim finishes getting ready.

 

“I better go.” 

 

The last thing Yoorim wants is to make the actress late to her own movie premiere. 



 

 

 


 

With Sihyeon being all dressed and ready to attend her event. The only thing the actress needed to do now was wait for her new bodyguard. Her manager had just called her less than twenty minutes ago to tell her that a bodyguard had been found, and they were on the way to come meet her. Sihyeon felt grateful beyond words, though she knew her manager wouldn’t let her down. 

 

“Time to do one last check to make sure I have everything.”

 

She was dressed. She had a cute purse to go with her outfit that held some important essentials, her phone, keys, credit card, and a small amount of cash in case. Everything seemed to be in order, Sihyeon honestly felt this was last minute jitters getting to her. But before any big movie showing she’s always like this, and this particular movie did mean a lot to her. Sihyeon must have auditioned for the main actress role three times before getting the call that she’d gotten the part over two other veteran actresses. Then she had to deal with the critics and haters alike who didn’t think she deserved the role. Only saying she got the role due to her connections and how pretty she was. Those comments always hurt the most, but Sihyeon worked hard, showed up to set, working and following directions of her directors, and picking up knowledge from all of her costars no matter how small it might have seemed. She proved everyone who doubted her wrong, and most of all it was a project she felt proud of.

 

“Okay, now. He should be here soon.”


 

Yoorim had to do a double take when she realized where she was exactly. She didn’t expect to be at Kim Sihyeon’s house of all the meeting places. Yet, that’s where she was standing outside of Kim Sihyeon’s house. 

 

“Well, if I thought I was being pranked. I’m sure not being pranked now.” 

 

In truth, Yoorim felt a little awkward as she made her way up the pathway to the actress’ home. But seeing as how it was much too late to turn around and walk in the opposite direction. Yoorim proceeded up to Sihyeon’s house and rang the bell. She had worked for famous people before, so this would be a routine work night for her, of course. There also shouldn’t be anything special about Kim Sihyeon, or anything, right?

 

“Just a minute, I’ll be right there.” Yoorim can hear this soft voice on the other side of the door. 

 

Less than a minute later, there’s this beautiful brunette in a gorgeous black dress who is momentarily stunned to see her.

 

“Oh?” Sihyeon pauses and smiles warmly. It’s kind of late for a new neighbor to be introducing themselves, no? But clearly this gorgeous dark-haired woman standing at her door must be an idol or fellow actress too. Sihyeon has never seen a more stunning person, and she has seen quite a few beautiful people in her line of work. The woman stands a bit taller than her and has very pretty eyes, kind of intense in a way like if Sihyeon stared at them too long she'd get lost in them. 

 

“Hi, I’m Kim Sihyeon. And you are…”

 

Yoorim has to refrain from laughing, mostly because it’s clear that Sihyeon isn’t expecting her. Or at least, she probably wasn’t expecting a female bodyguard. Yoorim supposes she can’t blame the actress. Sihyeon probably had been expecting a male bodyguard, as it’s typically the case.

 

“I’m Heo Yoorim, Ms. Kim. I’ll be your bodyguard for the evening.” Yoorim gives this polite nod and everything.

 

“WHAT!” Sihyeon doesn’t mean to scream. She just can’t exactly help herself here. Did the gorgeous lady just say she’s going to be her bodyguard for the evening? Sihyeon expected some big burly man, no offense to the pretty woman or anything. She feels embarrassed now because Yoorim is kind of standing there looking like she would rather turn around and go back home. Which, that’s the absolute last thing Sihyeon needs at this moment. A bodyguard is better than no bodyguard at all. 

 

“I’m sorry, really. I guess I was expecting…”

 

“A man, I understand.” Yoorim nods. “It’s really alright, Ms. Kim. I’m not offended, but we should probably get going soon, no?”

 

“Oh, yes. Don’t worry, the limo is on the way. Please don’t misunderstand my reaction. I'm really grateful you could come on such short notice.”

 

Sihyeon truly had been grateful, so what her bodyguard wasn’t who she expected. What did that matter if instead it happened to be some stunning woman who looked like a model or actress herself? Sihyeon honestly had questions. But now certainly didn’t seem like the time at all. Not with the limo pulling up and her movie premiere back into her mind. In a short while, Sihyeon needed to be in actress mode anyway. 

 

“Are you ready to go?” The taller woman asks, and now that Sihyeon really looks at her, and the nice dark suit Yoorim is wearing that’s tailored to fit her body. Then it’s pretty clear she’s dressed to her for the evening as her bodyguard. Sihyeon clearly missed that very obvious detail by getting lost in the woman’s attractiveness.

 

“Well, now I see how I first missed that part.” She mentally sighs, then offers a warm smile to Yoorim before assuring her that’s indeed ready to go. Yoorim leads the way to the car and as soon as they are inside the limo. Sihyeon figures now is as good a time as any to start up a conversation. 

 

“So….” 

 

Only judging by the way Yoorim sat across from her, arms folded, with a serious expression like most bodyguard’s the actress has encountered or at least seen. Sihyeon had the feeling Yoorim wasn’t much of a talker, or at the very least she probably was the ultimate professional, and there would be no getting to know one another. At least not now, which for some reason did feel disappointing to Sihyeon.

 

“You’re not much for conversation, hm?” Sihyeon starts instead with a gentle tone, hoping that might be enough to break some of the tension. Yoorim looks up and over to the actress. It takes her by surprise that Sihyeon is talking to her. Most of the famous people she’s worked for don’t usually talk to her. Yoorim isn’t paid to talk to. She’s paid to protect, not have conversations. The fact that Sihyeon looks like she wants to talk to her is surprising. 

 

Was Yoorim wrong in the sense that there would not be anything special about Kim Sihyeon? 

 

“It’s….” The dark-haired woman begins. “I’m not paid to have conversations.” It’s all Yoorim can say, because that’s the truth. Sihyeon frowns slightly, as she wonders how many people have probably treated Yoorim as if she’s not even a person. Probably more like a statue just to stand there and not speak unless spoken to. Well, there would be none of that tonight. Sihyeon wanted to talk and especially wished to have a conversation with Yoorim.

 

“I’m sorry for whoever made you feel like you can’t talk too if you’d like. But tonight, I’d love to have a conversation with you, if you’re comfortable. We can start small, hello, my name is Kim Sihyeon, I’m twenty-six-years-old, and my birthday is August 5. I also have an unhealthy obsession with sudoku. And you are?” Sihyeon even offers her hand for a handshake.

 

This is the second time Yoorim has been surprised in a short while. She almost doesn’t know what to say, and yet she can’t be rude because Sihyeon is being genuine with her. Yoorim offers her hand and speaks.

 

“Hi, Kim Sihyeon. My name is Heo Yoorim, I’m twenty-seven, and my birthday is July 21. I don’t have an unhealthy obsession with sudoku.”

 

Sihyeon laughs at the way Yoorim says that line, and notices that she hasn’t really let go of Yoorim’s hand. It feels kind of nice holding her hand. Yoorim has really soft hands, and Sihyeon has this desire to hold hands again with her. Preferably at a time where they are actually holding hands, and it’s not just for a handshake of sorts. 

 

“But I do enjoy cooking, and I'm a bit of a coffee addict.”

 

“Oh, a coffee addict, are you? That’s good to know.” 

 

“Ms. Kim.” Yoorim then sounds serious again, and that is disappointing to Sihyeon because she thought they were at least getting more friendly. She understands it’ll take more than just a bit of an icebreaker to get the bodyguard to be more comfortable with her. “You’re still holding my hand.”
 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Sihyeon does apologize. “Maybe, you’ll feel more comfortable talking as our night progresses.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter