Chapter 16- time to settle

TENANT

 

Jimin woke up by seven in the morning, he stretched up before walking towards the huge glass window covered with nice sky blue curtains, he pushed the curtains to the side and open his window just to be welcomed by a clement weather, it’s not that hot neither that cold. He smiles to himself in content saying ‘this is life’ he enjoyed the scenery before he took a shower and went to his beloved pond located at the backyard of their mansion.

Not so long, a maid approach him with a cup of warm tea. He loves to drink it only when he watch his Koi and carps, occasionally feeding them with larvae and pupae. He realize that he’s been out too much that the koi are now bigger than they used to be.

“Having fun?” Jung-su, his brother came up to him, it’s obvious that his brother just got out of their indoor gym because he can see the droplets of sweat on his face and his shirt is somewhat drenched too.

“Yeah, I haven’t seen my pets in a while. They gotten bigger now, this pond is too small for them… I am afraid that I could not keep them in here.” There’s a hint of sadness in his eyes and it did not escape his brother’s observation.

“You know that so well, they are just like you Jimin-ah, the bigger you are the more space you needed”

“Hyung, if I did not insist on leaving back then, what do you think my life would be now?” the question came out of nowhere and Jung-su momentarily held his breath.

“You know brother, you should not think of these things, everything is the past now… you should not regret those decisions you already made.” He ruffled his younger brother’s hair “I just want you to know that whatever it is, Mom, Dad and I are always here for you, we will always be proud of you” those were the words Jimin needed when times like this, and his brother knows something is bothering him but he will not force Jimin to open up, he is more willing to wait.

Jung-su and Jimin grew up with freedom, something that unusual, normally every child of wealthy family needs to follow their parent’s steps. Jung-su was always the responsible son, he always takes care of Jimin and he always gives what his dongseng wanted, while Jimin is a free spirit, he goes where he wants to, be with everyone he wants to, but he adores his brother so much. Their parents’ supports everything they wanted, seems perfect right? It was, it really is… but then Jimin find it odd. He wants his parents to be there physically, in every occasion, but he can’t even remember the last time he saw his parents.

That was the problem, Mr. and Mrs. Park were always busy handling their business overseas, that makes Jung-su and Jimin live a wealthy life, but because of that, they didn’t make it home during birthdays, graduations, holidays and so on and so forth, and every time Jimin tries to get their attention by causing trouble, they always find a way to fix it without their appearance.

“Hyung, should I work in your company?” the statement makes Jung-su flabbergasted, with wide eyes and gaping mouth, he looks funny and Jimin giggles.

“I decided to stay here for good” Jimin stated wholeheartedly making his brother look at him with teary eyes.

“As in for good? No kidding?” Jung-su was ready to throw him into the pond if he says he’s joking.

“I got tired trying to get dad and mom’s attentions, I also made too much trouble for you… well I guess it’s time to take life seriously” Jung-su felt like he will collapse from too much happiness at the moment so he hugged his brother and they both laugh.

 

 

“I would like to introduce to you our new employee, he took up complete cyber security course in Singapore, and one of the best in my opinion, he’s been working in different organization overseas and I believe in his credibility. So from now on Mr. Park Jimin will work under the cyber security department.” Hyukjae’s announcement caught everyone off-guard.

Taehyung smiles the brightest when he hears that his best friend is now working in the same company as him. And it means Jimin will be added to his group of workmates-friends.

Now the group consists of Taehyung, Jungkook, Hoseok, Eugine and Jimin. Somehow this company is getting livelier and brighter than it used to be… but they all know that this will somehow be chaotic especially Eugine and Jimin were on the same group.

Donghae and Hyukjae smiles when they saw the excitement into their dongse’s eyes, somehow these kids will be the next pillar of the eco-harvest, if they would not break the company before their sunbae’s retirement-- which is too far from now.

During lunch, the five of them were settled around the table as Jimin and Jungkook starts to bicker about something nonsense. To be honest they look like kids playing office-work, and the company as their play-ground.

“So what made you stay?” Eugine asks Jimin out of nowhere.

“Hmm, Nothing… just want to relax a bit” Taehyung eyeing him but the rest of the group just nod.

“Three months” Eugine stated getting everyone’s attention. “I’ll give you three months for sure you will get bored and leave” he added with a smirk.

“Oh, really? Wanna bet?” Jimin provoked him.

“Lamborghini aventador” Eugine demanded.

“Stop that, you are just wasting money” Hoseok interfere.

“Let them be” Taehyung stated with a smile.

The lunch was over and they were now on their designated offices, doing their respective works and burying themselves with lots of document, and they all lost track of time.

Jimin send a message to his friends inviting them for dinner and everyone said yes, now they were in this Japanese restaurant and they ordered from the menu. Since its Jimin’s first day of work, Jungkook and Eugine insisted to pay for their tabs, but Hoseok use the opportunity of being the eldest pay for everyone.

Jimin smiles as he wonders how Eugine shifts from being trouble maker to this good boy in just few months, and how Jungkook and Taehyung interact with each other, it’s obvious that these two are more than friends now. It is so nice that his friends were happy with their lives, he felt contented just by watching them.

When the time comes that they need to go home, Hoseok and Eugine bid their ‘goodbyes and see you to morrows’, Jungkook and Taehyung offers Jimin a ride which he gladly accepted. If you ask me how did Jimin went to work this morning, it is because Jung-su dropped him off.

“Jiminie~ we are willing to listen if you want to open up” Taehyung said after a while, Jungkook just keep quiet as he drives.

“Am I that obvious?” Jimin smiles even though he diverted his eyes, looking outside the window.

“I think I know you too well, you will never stay in place for no reason” Taehyung looks at him through the mirror and watch as the smile on Jimin’s face fade away. “But if you are not ready, I’ll wait” he added then.

“Ah yes, don’t worry Tae, I am fine now, really… thank you” he shows that smile again, but the smile didn’t reach his eyes, Taehyung has problems on his own and he didn’t want to add up his.

Jimin knows his best friend well, like his brother they won’t force him to do or say anything and that is a relief, knowing there is someone out there who supports you. Now he is battling with his own thoughts and knowing that when he can no longer handle it, his brother and friends were there for him, he’s just hoping that things will go smoothly.

They arrive home safe, Jimin in his house and Taehyung and Jungkook with the later’s unit. When they open the door they saw Somi sitting in the couch with a bread and cup of Starbucks coffee. They all look at each other and they remember that she is living with them for the main time.

“You eat dinner?” Somi asks them after swallowing a small piece of bread.

“Ah yes, how about you?” Jungkook asks before he enters his room.

“If you count bread and coffee as dinner, then yes” she said with those wide eyes.

“Hmm… you need to eat proper meals Somi-ah” Jungkook voice was a bit louder so she can hear him.

“I’ll be fine!” she yelled back making Taehyung smile at them.

Another day had passed and another one coming up. They all sleep peacefully during the night.

 

as a piece offering, here is a double update for you :) hope you like it