Chapter 1: unkown longing

anywhere in lifetime with you

“Do you think they’ll have a concert this year?” Nayeon’s friend asks her over the phone. 

 

Nayeon is busy reading her new patient’s case. She examines the x-ray very carefully, “I don’t know...probably?” She answered. There seems to be a mass growth of abnormal cells in the brain she’s looking at. 

 

“I think-” Sana was suddenly cut off.

 

“A brain tumor.” Nayeon accidentally said her thoughts out loud.

 

“Huh? What brain tumor?” Sana asked, seeming to be confused.

 

“O-oh! I’m examining the x-ray results of my patient, sorry.” Nayeon answers as she fixes her eyeglasses. She sighs then aggressively puts down the papers then leans her back on the office chair.

 

“Right.” Sana scoffs. “I almost forgot that you’re a doctor at day and a die-hard fangirl at night,” Sana said. 

 

“Oh, shut up, Sana.” Nayeon rolled her eyes and removed her specs. It every time she remembers that she also has other responsibilities aside from being a fangirl. “So...what about the concert?” She asked again.

 

“Well, I heard that their group will probably have a concert this year but it’s unconfirmed yet,” Sana said. 

 

“Unconfirmed, huh?” 

 

“Yes! But they’ll have an exclusive meet and greet next week, though!” Sana said excitedly then giggled. 

 

Nayeon sighs. “Hmm, can you book us a ticket then?” She closed her eyes, kinda feels exhausted and drained from her 15-hours duty since 1:00 A.M. She took a glimpse at her wristwatch and it’s already 3:30 in the afternoon and she hasn't even got a proper sleep yet.

 

“Sure thing, babes. I know your shift is already done. You must go home now and take a rest, okay?” Sana said sweetly. 

 

“Yes, boo. I’ll just fix my office and then I’ll leave. I want to grab some coffee first after this though.” Nayeon said as she stood up while removing her white coat.

 

“As much as I want to accompany you, I still have to study this case for tomorrow’s court hearing.” Sana sighed, tiredness is really evident in her voice. 

 

Oh, right. Nayeon thought. She almost forgot that tomorrow’s the final hearing for the case that Sana’s been studying for almost a week.

 

 Nayeon bit her lip then smiled.

 

“It’s okay, attorney! I know you can win the case, there’s no need for some cheer-up or good luck message, right?” Nayeon said, then chuckled a bit.

 

“Stop playing with me, Dr. Im.” Sana said, to tease Nayeon as well. Sana knows very well how Nayeon hates it when she calls her that. “I have to hang up now, okay? Drive safely when you go home.” 

 

Nayeon rolled her eyes. “I’m gonna crash myself to the first truck that I’ll ever see on the road.”

 

“That’s great! At least problems like you in society will lessen.” Sana provoked her but Nayeon just laughed.

 

“Oh, you real hard, Minatozaki. I’m gonna hang up already. You take care, too, okay? Love you, boo.” 

 

Sana cutely giggles. “Yep. Love you, see you next week at the meet and greet, bae.”

 

Nayeon hangs up the call. She quickly grabbed her car keys inside the drawer and left her office immediately. When she got out from her office, her physician assistant immediately stood up.

 

“Are you leaving, Dr. Im?” She politely asked.

 

Nayeon smiled then nodded. “Yes, Ms. Chou, you can take off your leave as well already.”

 

The girl nodded abruptly then smiled. “I will, Dr. Im. Drive safe.”

 

“You, too, Tzuyu!” 



Nayeon rushes to the elevator which will bring her to the parking lot. She breathed a big sigh of relief as she hopped into her car.

 

I can finally rest, damn. She thought.

 

Nayeon feels extra tired today compared to her normal shifts. It feels like something’s missing that makes her feel empty.

 

A longing over someone.

 

Nayeon sighed again before commencing her car.