'17 day 11.5

First Sem: Finals Assessment

Karina


Since chismosa din si yeji, the three of us decided na we'll talk after our classes. 

The look on our faces when we heard ning kanina, grabe talaga, the betrayal. 

Feel ko, all those changes that I noticed about her is connected to the fact na in relationship siya kay giselle.

Speaking of giselle, I really can't believe na they're really together, on all those times na nag-interact kami, she doesn't look like papatol kay ning, ang tahimik kaya niya! Yung friend namin parang nakalunok ng mic and a ball of sunshine, they're polar opposites. 

I don't think alam na ng circle of friends nila giselle. I guess wala pa silang plano to let us know, madaldal lang talaga yung friend namin so maybe it slipped of her tongue. Maybe nadala lang din siya sa excitement of the orange chicken which doesn't matter since that's like a typical thing for ning. 

After classes, the plan is to go sa condo ni yeji, it's not that far sa campus naman. I told them that I still need to go back kasi I'll meet with winter pa for my project. They agreed pero inasar muna ako.

When my friends learned about our meet-ups after classes, lagi na nila ako inaasar kay winter even if para sa project lang naman yun. I guess they got tired na din so parang not a big deal na for them. 

Bumalik kami sa class earlier than the usual time that we spend kapag lunch break, wala pang prof so I decided na magphone muna, same with ning.

When I got bored, I suddenly stared at ning na nasa phone yung attention. I guess, naramdaman niyang may nakatingin sa kanya at lumingon sakin.

"Why? May dumi ba sa mukha ko?" 

"Nothing, I just can't believe na you and giselle are a thing." 

"Well.. sorry, ganda lang." 

She did a little hairflip pa, what if hilain ko yan? 

I just rolled my eyes, napaka talaga nito.

She laughed at my reaction and di ko na lang siya pinansin, nagscroll na lang ulit ako at my socmed accounts.

 

We still have one subject left when yeji messaged on our group chat, asking if tutuloy daw ba.

I replied saying na tuloy, I asked her if may sudden plans ba siya. 

Wala naman daw, she's making sure lang. 

I told her na ning is watching her kdramas nanaman kaya hindi nagrereply. She really got addicted na pero maganda naman kasi talaga yung ibang series. 

Super focus siya dun sa pinapanood niya, even when our prof entered the room kaya I lightly tapped her shoulder. Nagulat pa ang gaga. When she noticed that out prof is in front, tinago niya na yung phone.

I just want the class to end early kasi to be honest, I'm really curious on how this girl beside me and giselle got together. 

I mean, two weeks pa lang since binigay yung project for PE. As far as I know, they're not talking before that. To be fair, ang galing nila magtago, I'll give it to them. 

 

******
 

Yeji messaged us, she's at the parking na daw. Dadaanan niya na lang daw kami, she brought her car kasi. 

We're just waiting sa tapat nung building namin when jaehyun approached us. 

Great. 

Why does it have to be now? 

"Hi, girls. Do you need a ride?" 

Ning looked at me tapos kay jaehyun, figuring out siguro what's the guy's deal with us.

"Hey, jaehyun. We're actually waiting for yeji, kinuha nya lang car nya from parking." 

While talking at him, I felt ning's hand on my side, pinching me. 

Does she know na masakit yung ginagawa nya?

"By the way, this is ningning, my bestfriend." 

"I kinda knew her since lagi ko kayo nakikita." 

He was scratching his nape when he said that, maybe nahihiya. 

"Girls! Hop in!" 

It was yeji who shouted, she's in her car na with windows down kaya we heard her agad.

We bid our goodbyes to jaehyun and sumakay sa car ni yeji. Pagkapasok pa lang namin, ning bombarded me with questions.

"Girl, anuna? Bakit di ka sumasagot?" 

I rolled my eyes before sumagot. 

"Ning, first of all, you won't let me answer. He likes me, I know that, pero friends lang kaya ko i-offer." 

"Since when daw, rina?" 

Yeji asked kahit she's focused on driving, chismosa din talaga. 

"It started maybe, last week? Can't really remember pero nito lang." 

The drive to yeji's condo was fine, kaso they're asking too much question about jaehyun and his advances. I don't have any other choice naman but to answer na lang para matapos na din. 

Yeji parked her car and pumunta na kami inside, we headed for the elevator, she's at the 3rd floor kasi. 

When we reached her unit, umupo agad kami sa couch. Yeji said na nagpadeliver na lang siya, she's too lazy to cook daw. 

The food didn't take too long, maybe after 30 minutes dumating na din siya. 

After settling the food and the drinks, yeji joined us na din sa couch para masimulan yung kwento ni ning about her real score with giselle.

"Sooo, crispy patata na ba kayo ni giselle?" 

I was confused sa tinanong ni yeji. 

"Anong crispy patata?" 

I guess si ning din because she looked at yeji while creasing her forehead. 

"May something, duh." 

I chuckled.

The commercial pala nung crispy patata. 

"Ayan, kakakausap mo kay rj yan." 

Before the two of them starts a series of bickering, I spoke na.

"Mag-aaway nanaman kayo. Just tell us the story, ning." 

She lets out a deep sigh and starts talking.

"Remember the day when the PE assessment was given satin?" 

Yeji and I nodded and tells her to continue.

"Yeji teased me kay winter nun diba tapos sabi ko may crush na akong iba. Si giselle yun." 

Oh my god, she's getting red na.

"Before that, nag-uusap na kami. It started when she accidentally sent me the file of their group presentation. Wait kinikilig ako.." 

She fanned herself tapos uminom ng tubig. 

"So ayun, syempre nagmaganda ako kaya sabi ko baka sinadya nya naman talaga. Tapos mga beh, sabi niya totoo naman daw, maganda naman daw talaga ako." 

She got the throw pillow beside her and buried her face.

"Hala ang haba ng hair!" 

I was laughing na because of her reaction and yeji's side comments. 

"Syempre girl, ako na 'to oh. Yizhuo Ning lang naman." 

Ang confident talaga ni gaga. I'm too entertained so sabi ko magkwento na ulit siya.

"Nung binigay yung sa PE, three months na kami nag-uusap nun. At first, syempre super kabado kaya dinaan ko sa prayers. Ganda at dasal lang talaga." 

At this point, yeji and I really laughed. 

She's the type of friend na ang ganda ng humor kaya tatawa ka talaga. 

"Dati hindi ako naniniwala na masarap magmahal ang dancer. Ngayon, I can prove it na. Tapos masarap siya in general." 

"Oh my god, ning! My ears!" 

"Bakla ka! Super kalat mo!" 

I didn't know that she has a side like this! She's the youngest sa aming tatlo pero look at her. 

"Charot lang. We're not yet in that phase. Kaso have you seen her dance? Girl, nanghihina yung tuhod ko minsan while watching them practice." 

Is this the effect of being in a relationship? 

Ganito talaga? 

"Ang galing sumayaw ni bubba, for real. Pwede siyang gumiling on top of me. Joke! Okay tama na hehe." 

Yeji hits her arm, probably too shocked to speak.

I can tell na nagugulat din si yeji sa sinasabi ni ning. I mean, again, she's the youngest of us. Pero yung thoughts niya. My god. 

I need to clean my innocent ears yata, I've heard too much na.

When we finished eating, I told them na I'll go back to campus na since winter and I need to do the project pa. 

Yeji insisted na she'll drive me back pero I told her to rest, she took 2 quizzes yata kanina and that's draining kasi majors pa ata yun. 

Si ning naman malapit na lang dito, like 10-20 minute drive lang, sometimes 25 kapag commute. It depends sa traffic kasi.

The two of them told me na mag-grab na lang. Yeji will book para they can track me daw, she'll forward my ride din daw kay ning so she check din. 

That's why I love these girls. You'll feel their love and care kahit na lagi silang nagbabangayan in front of you. 

 

******
 

I arrived sa campus just in time. I saw their team heading inside their dorm na so I approached them. 

"Miss student council!" 

Luckily, it was heejin who noticed me. 

"Sira ka. I told you not to call me those names, karina is fine." 

I'm not really into that stuffs, di ako sanay when they are calling me like that. 

"Sorry akin. Nagstay pa si capt eh, siya kasi nagccheck ng gym after namin gamitin." 

"It's okay, I'll wait for her na lang." 

"Sige, sige. Dito ka lang? Pwede ka na sumabay sakin paakyat, text ko na lang si capt na nasa room ka na namin." 

"Is it okay with you?"

"Oo naman, mayayare ako kay capt pag di kita inalagaan." 

"Alright, let's go na." 

When we got into their room, heejin asked me if I want something to drink. I told her na okay na yung water. 

I sent winter a message, informing her na I'm in their room na since sumabay ako kay heejin. Heejin told me na she did the same thing and nagreply na daw sa kanya si winter with the same reply that I got. 

I settled on their couch lang whilen scrolling on my phone.

Heejin apologized kanina kasi she wants to keep me company pero need nya daw magreview. I told her na it's okay and it's more important to review. 

She went to her room pero she didn't fully closed the door, in case lang daw na I need something.

I heard the door clicked followed by winter and her huge duffle bag. She's holding a cup on her other hand. 

She smiled at me so I greeted her while smiling. 

"Sorry medyo late. Dinaanan ko lang 'tong coffee mo." 

"You don't have to naman." 

"I insist. Mamaya sabihin mo, minimistreat kita eh." 

Ayan nanaman siya with her teasing. 

"Hey! It's the opposite kaya. You're actually spoiling me when we're together." 

I hit her arm lightly and tinawanan niya lang ako. 

"Edi goods. Walang tulfo na magaganap." 

"Winter, ang oa mo." 

Tinawanan nya lang ulit ako. She'll arrange her things lang daw then pumunta sa room niya. I took out the materials that we will use so we can start na pagbalik niya. 

Sabay silang lumabas ni heejin from their rooms.

"Uy capt, andito ka na pala. Inalagaan ko yang partner in life— este partner in project mo ah!" 

"Alam mo, ikaw! Pahamak ka eh!" 

Winter reached for heejin and caught her in a headlock.

"Joke lang! Joke lang! Tap out na! Mawawalan kayo ng cute na player, sige ka. Ikaw malalagot kay coach." 

Winter released her but playfully punched her arm. 

"Di ka kawalan, heej. Nandun pa ako, ako pinakacute satin." 

"Karina oh! Ang yabang!"

I just laughed at them.

Bumalik na ulit si heejin sa room niya and winter sat in front of me. 

"Tara na, para maaga ka makauwi."  

We started answering the daily log sheets, discussing the things that she did for today. Sometimes she's asking me din on how did my day went kaya nakakapagkwentuhan kami.

"So after classes, you went to training na agad?" 

I asked while writing the things she did for today sa log sheets.

There's no answer. 

When I looked up to her, nalaman ko kung bakit walang sumasagot.

She fell asleep on the couch in front of me. 

She looks so peaceful when sleeping. 

Hindi mo mapagkakamalang intimidating and cold, so opposite from how she is when she's in school and in court. 

I decided to wake her up, she needs to rest properly. May training pa sila tomorrow and she looks very tired. 

She's half-asleep walking towards her room, I'm just following her in case na matumba siya or whatever. 

She safely reached her bed and I was supposed to go back when she led my wrist and pulled me not so hard. Enough lang to make me stand in front of her. 

Hindi pa siya humihiga, she's just standing at the side of her bed. 

I was shocked when she hugged me. 

Her face buried in my stomach.

"Hmm.. ingat ka pauwi." 

Her words are muffled since nakasubsob nga siya sa tummy ko but, naintindihan ko naman.

I was too stunned to move, kusa naman siyang humiwalay at humiga na. 

After a few minutes, I gained my senses and went out of her room. I fished out my phone and informed our driver to fetch me. 

While typing, I noticed something. 

My heart beats so loud, like, there's a band inside it and they're having a concert. 

When I got inside of our car, my heart is still beating loudly.

If sa pasesnger seat lang ako sumakay, I'm sure na maririnig yun ni kuya pancho.

 

Winter, what are you doing to me?