Endnotes

Hanbok
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I start writing this on December 29, 2021 at eight o'clock at night. I have on loop a song called Love Train (I recommend listening to it, it's very nice) which I think is fitting, considering there was a lot of love in Hanbok. I don't know if I'll make these endnotes for future fics, but I most likely will. It's a good way to tell you readers curious details of creating and writing a fic.

I think these notes will be longer than later ones, because, well, Hanbok is one hundred and sixty thousand words long. It surpasses Pride and Prejudice in length, for example.

Who knew that from a five-thousand-word oneshot you could get a whole novel? Ah, the creative processes are wonderful....

(Sorry if I ramble a lot, it's something that happens to me as soon as I open a blank Word document; the words just come out).

My initial inspiration came from a behind the scenes video of the video where ITZY dances Not Shy in hanbok. Ryujin's reaction when Yuna rubbed her nose with hers seemed very genuine to me. In fact, I remember thinking "That's the first time I've ever seen Ryujin seriously panicking". Come on, her voice got high-pitched and fluttery! I thought it was very cute. The idea came to me a day later, and it was simple: a scenario where Ryujin is secretly in love with Yuna. Ryujin confesses in a small talk between Yuna and her, being surprised that Yuna reciprocates her love. That was it.

However, about two weeks after the oneshot was published, I thought of more 2Shin scenarios. A scene where Ryujin and Yuna cuddle up to watch movies, lost in their own little world (sleepover at Yuna's house from chapter 4); a date as normal as possible considering they are idols (chapter 5)... And there I stayed for a while.

The initial conflict was clear: Ryujin and Yuna have to learn to keep their relationship a secret if they don't want to up their careers (premise established in chapter 2). However, I didn't have very detailed what happened next, just a vague idea: Ryujin and Yuna have a fight, spend some time apart, come back, they get discovered, their problem is solved, and that's it. How and when were questions I didn't know how to answer.

So it was until one day in the afternoon when my house was alone apart from me. That day the power went out (how I hate you, Latin America) so I had to go to the living room to read (I don't remember what I was reading anymore, probably a Stephen King book, like The Regulators, Desperation or 11/22/63). I put the Kindle aside and got to thinking. A lot. Really hard. So much that my brain hurt.

I kid you not. I spent an hour or so thinking about Hanbok's narrative thread in detail. That's when I mostly put it together: Ryujin and Yuna fight; they spend some time apart; Yuna reflects on her actions; Ryujin forgives her but they don't get back together; she can't stand such a situation for long so she ends up going back to Yuna; they live happily for a few months; they are discovered by a reporter (Seok-neul wasn't born yet; I only knew that a reporter discovered them, the how being in darkness); they are saved by Nayeon, and Jungkook and Taehyung.

About this last part. The Taekook thing was clear to me (aside from M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter