Chapter 26

30 Days with you

Irene

 

"Hello Tito, Ronnie?"

 

"Hi Irene, Cess just called me and she wants to know if you're still interested in the old project that has been shelved for more than 2 years now." I was silent for a moment when I heard it.

 

"The les-themed movie?" I asked still can't believe that this has been brought out after quite sometime.

 

"Yes, that one. Cess said she has found your partner in the said movie." Tito continued that made me more confused.

 

"Who?"

 

"Seulgi..."

 

"Are you serious?"

 

"Yes, sweetheart but she still needs to talk to Seulgi. She doesn't know who's her manager so she's trying to call her band manager instead."

 

"What made her decide to choose Seulgi?"

 

"Actually, she said that she happened to watch her interview two weeks ago and got curious. After watching her latest indie movie she studied Seulgi's other movies and now Cess got eyes on her."

 

"But why did she think that we'll click?"

 

"She said she saw a photo of both of you at the racetrack. I think that was from your latest event. It was a nice shot from one of your fans actually. You're both facing each other and smiling."

 

"And?"

 

"I don't know, all she said is the photo says it all. Especially how Seulgi looks at you. She said let's take advantage of it while she still has a crush on you." he answered as i could see his smile at the other line. "Is she with you right now?" pertaining to Seul.

 

"Yes?" i answered still in a limbo of what we're talking about.

 

"Ok, don't mention anything yet Sweetie." he cautioned "I know this isn't a good idea."

 

"What do you mean, Tito?"

 

"You and Seulgi in one movie. You both might be caught off guard, especially her. But I guess we can't avoid it anymore. Maybe you just need to be extra careful. Don't tell her yet about this, ok?"

 

"I understand, Tito. But you know I'm willing..."

 

"---not just yet, Irene. It's too early to say that you're both are serious in your relationship. It's too early to tell, you might be just confused and she's might be just looking for someone to love her. It's still best to keep it secret."

 

"Ok..." the only word that came from me. As much as I want to, I don't want to give Tito Ronnie another headache. I've done him so much pain in the a.ss for so long. I guess I just need to keep it this way. For the meantime.

 

"I'll see you tomorrow, the management want to meet us again and Cess wants to see you, too. Bye, goodnight sweetie."

 

"Ok, Tito. Goodnight." was all I can say. I am still speechless after that call and I'm in deep thought when I felt a quick kiss on my lips.

 

"Malalim masyado ang nasa isip mo, Mk. Baka 'di ka na makaahon niyan." she jokingly said. We're both in her unit right now, just wanted to spend time watching her writing songs. I have no schedule for today and she asked for a break from the band. We're just in her unit lazily spending the whole afternoon cuddling and watching her composed songs while I review my scripts. 

 

"Love?" I absentmindedly called her.

 

"Yes, Mk?" she quickly answered but then I paused and think, then choose not to tell what's in my mind.

 

"Nothing..."

 

"Sinong kausap mo at bigla kang natulala?" she asked.

 

"It's Tito Ronnie..."

 

"At?"

 

"He told me about the movie that has been shelved for more than two years. I think the production just gave a go signal again." I can't lie to Seul, at least I could tell her a part of my conversation with Tito Ronnie.

 

"Talaga?!" Seul said with a look of surprise and excitement.

 

"What's with that face?"

 

"Magpapa audition ba sila Mk? Kasi sabi ko noon sa talk show pag natuloy yan makikipag audition ako." she giddily said.

 

"I don't know... maybe..." I couldn't tell what I wanted to say.

 

"Bakit ganyan ang mukha mo? Ayaw mo ba akong makasama sa pelikula?" she asked changing her smile into frown. I smiled. "O bakit?"

 

"Wala natatawa ako sa'yo ang bilis magbago ng expression mo. Kaya napaghahalata ka eh." I said.

 

"Napaghahalata na ano?" she repeated.

 

"Nothing, Love. What I'm saying is that you're very transparent." I said while holding her face and gave a quick peck on the lips that made her blushed and flashed that smile I so love to see. "What?"

 

"Wala lang Mk, natutuwa ako dahil pag hinalikan kita. Hinahalikan mo rin ako pabalik."

 

"Of course Love, that's what we call give and take." I told her winking. And she blushed again. "So when I give you myself, are you willing to give yourself to me too?" I teasingly asked and i'm laughing inside looking at her all red.

 

"Mk naman."

 

"What? just saying... so are you?" I asked again.

 

"Oo naman." she answered shyly and I can't help but smile. 

 

"Ok you can go back to what you're doing Love... I just need to check on my scripts." I said changing topic or she'll be all red and I won't stop teasing her again.

 

"O sige Mk." as she's about to walk back to her place when her phone rang.

 

"Hello Jessica?" she answered. "Ayos lang, nagsusulat lang ng kanta." she answered the call and I remember what Tito Ronnie and I talked about earlier.

 

"Ano? Talaga? Paanong nangyari?" her next questions, you can sense excitement in her voice. "Kailan daw?" she said and shifted her gaze to me "Sige sige, Jessica. Magusap na lang tayong mabuti bukas. Salamat!" she almost shouted excitedly "Bye."

 

"Good news?" I asked pretending not to know.

 

"Mk!" she shouted and almost ran towards me. Hugged me so tight.

 

"Hey, Love."

 

"Si Jessica, sabi niya gusto daw ako makausap nong producer nong pelikula mo na hindi natuloy." she's beaming. 

 

"Are you going to audition?" I asked.

 

"Parang hindi na kailangan eh. Sabi ni Jessica tinatanong daw ni Binibining Cess yong number ko, siya daw ang producer nong pelikula at tinatanong kung pwede akong makausap o ang manager ko. Wala naman akong manager, di ba? parang si Jessica na rin ang tumatayong manager ko." she's all smile. "Kahit mag auditon ako, mukhang malaki ang pag asa kong makuha dahil tinawagan nila ako."

 

"You look excited, Love." I said smiling.

 

"Siyempre, Mk pelikula mo 'to na Les ang tema at kung may dapat kang makapera dapat ako yon. Ayaw ko nga na makapareha mo kung sinong artista na kukunin nila lalo na pag may bed scene." she said as if the words just scape from unguarded, because she looked surprised after hearing herself. I just looked at her questioning. "Bakit Mk?"

 

"What's with you? I can smell jealousy in your words." I teasingly said.

 

"Wala naman parang hindi ko pa kayang panoorin ka muli sa isang maselang pelikula lalo na sa mga y scenes." she answered with bowed head.

 

"Why? What's the latest movie I starred with that you've watched, Love?" I inquired. She didn't answer but started rubbing her eyebrow. "Seul?" I called again when she didn't answer.

 

"Yong huling pelikula mo." she answered. Then I remember the latest where I had more than one bed scenes.

 

"When did you watch?"

 

"Nong nakaraang gabi lang hindi kasi ako makatulog eh."

 

"Ginawa mong pampatulog ang movie ko?"

 

"Hindi ah, ibig kong sabihin Mk. Balisa ako kaya nais ko lang maglibang."

 

"Past time mo lang manood ng pelikula ko?" I said with a hint of irritation but more of teasing my now nervous looking girlfriend.

 

"Hindi naman ganon, Mk. Ano ka ba? Alam mo namang higit pa sa past time ang panonood ko ng mga pelikula mo." she said while now holding her nape. We always agree to watch movies together, especially our movies. And we haven't watched my last movie yet. "Pinanood ko lang naman pero hindi ko pinatapos..."

 

"And why? Dahil inantok ka na?" I asked.

 

"Hindi..." she paused and released a deep sigh

 

"Bakit hindi mo tinapos?" me repeating the question.

 

"Nagseselos ako..." she said in an almost whispered voice

 

"What?"

 

"Wala..."

 

"Anong wala?" I asked

 

"Huwag na nating pag usapan."

 

"Ang alin?" me again.

 

"'Yon..."

 

"Anong 'yon? Yong wala?" I repeated her words. "Or you're just calling me?"

 

"Ano?" she asked with furrowed look. "Nahihilo ako sa'yo"

 

"Ako pa ngayon ang nakakahilo when you're puzzling me with your answers..." I said. "First you answered me wala, then yon, then ano?" I recalled her answers and I'm beginning to like our convo though I don't know where we're heading. Then it's her turn to give me a puzzled look. 

 

"Mk, nakainom ka ba?"

 

"How could you say that, Seul. Kanina pa tayo magkasama dito..." raising my voice.

 

"Eh kasi naman Mk, ang labo mong kausap eh." she said in a low voice, surrendered to my tiger look.

 

"Kasi malabo ka ring sumagot." I shot back, then she slowly walked towards me.

 

"Pasensiya na, Mk." she now gently rubbing my arms.

 

"Are jealous over my y scenes?" I questioned. She gave me a slow nod, still not looking at me.

 

"Hindi ko lang maiwasan. Para kasing totoong totoo eh."

 

"You want to make it real?"

 

"Ha?!" surprised at what I asked.

 

"Do you want us to do it for you to find out what is real and what is not?" as I slowly lifted my arms around her shoulder.

 

"M-mk..." she nervously called me.

 

"Yes?" I said as our faces are just inches away.

 

"Bakit lagi mo akong inaakit?"

 

"Me? Hindi kita inaakit noh?"

 

"Anong tawag mo sa mga ginagawa mo?"

 

"I'm just giving you suggestions, Love... you can take it or not." I said in my most seductive voice while tracing my finger from her nose down.

 

"M-mk..."

 

"Yes, Love?"

 

"Matulog na tayo..." she suddenly said almost begging. And I burst out laughing.

 

"Love, sa ginagawa mo mas lalo akong nanggigil sa'yo." I said as I slowly moved away.

 

- - -

 

Irene

 

"Thank you for not giving up on this project, Irene." Cess said as she approached me.

 

"You have been very passionate about this project to the point of waiting for the right schedule---"

 

"---and for your right partner." she cut me off and gave me a meaningful smile.

 

"So you have found me a loveteam then." I said with a hint of tease. She laughed out loud then gave me a sweet look.

 

"Yeah, I'm not sure though if you're just good in the photo. That's why I want to see you both acting together."

 

"Really? Did she audition for the role?" I asked.

 

"Not yet, well I might give her some scenes but also if you don't mind Irene, can you both have a scene. Kahit one scene lang. If that's alright with you."

 

"Of course it's alright with me. If it's for the project, why not." I honestly said.

 

"Ok then, I already called her manager, band manager actually, and invited her over for screening and possible scene with you. I don't know kung napanood mo ang interview niya lately at nasabi niyang crush ka niya. "  she said winking. 

 

"Yeah I saw that interview." I said in a casual way just to avoid any suspicion.

 

"Did you see the spark in her eyes when the topic is all about her girl crush?" she said and I recalled how Seul was so obvious then.

 

"I'm flattered..."

 

"Sabi mo pa. One of the most talented artists, an openly lesbian singer and indie actress has a crush on you, well sino bang hindi, mapa straight man o hindi, maaakit sa'yo." she said with a hint of laughter. "I'm just glad she came back in the industry, sayang ang talent niya pag hindi siya bumalik, sino man ang nagpabalik sa kanya ay mahahalikan ko sa tuwa." she said thankfully

 

"It seems you really like her?" I asked curiously.

 

"Well, siguro. I saw her indie films before and she already got my attention then, but she's with the band and I think she loves singing more than acting." she started. "Pero when I tried to get back and talk to her through my assistant, sabi ng mga band mate niya she already left for good. Wala naman silang sinabing dahilan, all they said is that kailangan daw siya sa kanila because her father is a politician." she said in a serious tone. "But I'm glad she came back, actually she's my first choice in my les movie bago pa kita kinuha, she's already one of my protagonists in the story, maybe because she's open and the way I looked at it hindi naman siya mapag samantala kung sakali man." she ended.

 

"Oo nga." I agreed

 

"What?" she asked that brought me back to my senses.

 

"What I mean is... oo nga mukhang hindi naman siya mapagsamantala." I said to cover up my senseless comment and Cess just gave me a sweet nod.

 

"So I hope, hindi ka maiilang sa kanya?"

 

"Nope, I think we'll get along well."

 

"That's good then." she said clapping her hands "Finally I can finish this movie, I just need to audition for some characters because I want to give other indie artists a chance in the mainstream. Though I know mahigpit tayong babantayan ng MTCRB."

 

"I know you'll make a good movie especially with a great director, kahit MTCRB macoconvince niyo."

 

"Yeah, so convincing that they'll totally ban us." she said laughing again. She's just so happy that finally the project will push through this time.

 

"I hope that won't happen." I said.

 

"We always hope for the best Irene, but considering how we know that this kind of movie is still not accepted in our country, I expect the worst but trying is what I'm good at." she said while holding my hand.

 

- - -

 

"Love, we'll meet tomorrow for your audition."

 

"Oo nga Mk, nakausap ko na si Binibining Cess."

 

"So, how do you feel?"

 

"Masaya, excited. Nakakatuwa lang dahil pakiramdam ko parang matagal na niya akong kilala." Seul said

 

"Maybe..."

 

"Bakit mo naman nasabi Mk?"

 

"We'll she's a producer, a talent scout, too. Maybe she studied your previous movies that's why she got interested in you. It's obvious naman Love eh, because in the first place she wouldn't call you if she hasn't known anything about you di ba?" 

 

"Oo nga naman" she answered then quickly face me. "Excited ka na ba para bukas Mk?"

 

"Oo naman, Love. It's our first movie together."

 

"Pero bakit parang hindi ka excited?" she asked me again.

 

"Hindi lang po ako kasing obvious mo."

 

"Mukha ba akong obvious?" she asked worriedly.

 

"Yes, Love you're so transparent."

 

"Hala! Kailangan ko pa lang maging simple lang baka mahalata nila na may namamagitan sa atin."

 

"There's nothing wrong naman Love if ever na malaman nila about us..."

 

"---hindi pwede, Mk." she interrupted me "Hindi pa pwede sa ngayon. Lalo na sa'yo, ayaw kong masaktan ka sa mga reaksiyon makukuha mo pag nalaman nila ang tungkol sa atin. Baka pati ang buong career mo magdusa."

 

"Seul..."

 

"Mk, huwag muna." I didn't say more. Silence for a few minutes.

 

"Can we at least tell it to Cess if we'll be cornered?" I suggested.

 

"Cornered?"

 

"I trust her so much just as she trusted me. What I'm saying is baka kasi mahalata tayo lalo ka na." I smilingly said.

 

"Mag iingat naman ako Mk."

 

"Just in case."

 

"O sige, kung sakali lang ha?" and I just gave her a thumbs up and nod.

 

- - -

 

"Cut!"  Direk Dom shouted as Seul and I saw his and the whole crew's reaction. Seul and I have been in a pause mode for seconds waiting to be cut off from our audition scene. As if all of them froze in their places.

 

"Seryoso, ngayon lang ba talaga kayo nagkakilala?" Direk Dom asked as he approached us and I can see Seul turning red again.

 

"Crush niya kasi ako kaya nagpapakitang gilas, Direk." I jokingly answered.

 

"Naman, Irene huwag mo na sabihin nahihiya tuloy si Seulgi oh, namumula na siya." Cess commented at the background and everyone in the area laughed, that turned Seul obviously red and started holding her nape.

 

"You're chemistry is amazing." Direk Dom commented again.

 

"It's worth the wait isn't?" We heard Cess as she's walking towards us.

 

"Yes, it's worth it." Direk agreed.

 

"So?" It was Cess

 

"We have a new love team." Direk said and they both nod in unison.

 

"Thank you Irene, I know you have a hectic schedule today but you still manage to squeeze us for this audition. We still need to have few auditions then we'll let you know when we're gonna start. One thing is for sure, matutuloy na din ito sa wakas." she said while hugging me. "We'll just talk to your Tito about your schedule and everything, ok?" she said as she pulled back from our hug. 

 

"No worries, Cess. It feels good that this will finally start."

 

"Me, too." Cess answered.

 

"So see you?"

 

"Yes, Cess. I'm sorry I can't stay long. I need to go."

 

"It's ok Irene, I understand. It's a whole day audition and thank you for coming so early when I know you're not a morning person." Cess said meaningfully and we both laugh.

 

"There's always an exception to the rule." I said after the hearty laugh.

 

"Ms. Seulgi, baka po matunaw si Ms. Irene." came from one of the staff and all eyes moved to Seul who is now blushing again. I guess we really need to talk about this. She'll always be caught off guard.

 

"Ikaw ba naman makaharap mo ang girl crush mo, hindi ka matulala." Cess said in defense of Seul.

 

"I have to go, baka hindi na makapag perform si Ms. Seulgi pag nasa harap niya ako." I said and everyone laughed again.

 

- - -

 

Seulgi

 

"Kanina ka pa tahimik, Love. What's wrong?" tanong sa akin ni Irene habang kumakain kami.

 

"Napagod lang Mk." pagkatapos kasi ng audition deretso kami ng gig. Totoo pagod ako pero may higit pang dahilan ang pananahimik ko.

 

"It's more than that, I suppose." sagot niya, basa na nga ako ng mahal ko. "Tell me what's bothering you."

 

"Nakausap mo na ba si Binibining Cess tungkol sa pelikula natin?" tanong ko sa kanya.

 

"Since this morning I haven't talk to her yet. I think she'll call Tito Ronnie for my schedule and other matters, why?"

 

"W-wala naman." utal kong sagot.

 

"Seul, there's something you're not telling me or want to but you're hesitant. What is it?"

 

"Mk..."

 

"Yes Love?"

 

"Pwede pa ba akong umatras sa pelikula?"

 

"And why? we already had a verbal agreement with the production staff and it's because of our love team that they decided to push through with this. Why back out now?" taka niyang tanong pero hindi ako umimik.

 

"Seul, why do you want to quit when we have not started yet?" kulit niya, hindi ko alam kung paano ko sasabihin ang nalaman mo.

 

"Seulgi!" sigaw na niya.

 

"S-si Sunmi..." hindi ko na mapigilang sabihin.

 

"Why? what about her?" tanong niya sa pagbabagong anyo.

 

"Mk, k-ksama siya sa pelikula."

 

"He.ll no..." mahina niyang sabi pero kita ang gulat sa kanyang mukha.

 

"Nakapasok siya sa auditon."

 

"Sh.it." usal niyang halos mabitawan ang kutsara.

 

"Hindi ko alam kung paano niya nalaman ang tungkol sa proyekto." Mahina kong sagot. Napansin kong tuluyan na niyang binitawan ang kutsara at tinidor na hawak niya. Sinubukan kong hawakan ang kamay niya pero mabilis siyang nakaiwas.

 

"Don't Seul." sagot niya.

 

"Mk, hindi natin parehong alam na makakasama siya."

 

"Then let's tell Cess about us." hamon niya.

 

"Mk..."

 

"At least there is someone who knows about us so I could calm myself."

 

"Pelikula lang ito Mk. Pagkatapos nito tapos na rin naman ang pagkikita namin ni Sunmi."

 

"Kahit na, how long Seul? I bet she got the third party role kasi papakita niya na patay na patay siya sa'yo. Sa bawat eksena niyong dalawa malamang lahat yon totoo para sa kanya."

 

"Mk..."

 

"She still loves you Seul, can't you see it. She's stalking you that's why she knew about this project." mataas na boses na niyang sabi.

 

"Mk, kung gusto mo bibitaw na ako sa proyektong 'to."

 

"Fine, tell them that I'm your girlfriend and the other was your ex and you can't do this project because one will explode anytime out of jealousy. Go ahead tell them that." pagalit na niyang tayo sa upuan.

 

"Mk.." habol ko.

 

"Let's tell Cess about us, Seul. I know her. I trust her, if there is someone I could trust in the biz with my secrets, she's one of the few. Kailangan ko lang ng kakampi sa buong panahon na gagawin natin ang project na to. I always felt alone every time Sunmi is around." nasabi niya at kita ko ang lungkot sa mga mata niya. Hindi ako makaimik. "You can't just quit, that's unprofessional Seul unless you have a good reason. They would know about us anyway, it would only take some time though." pahuli niyang salita bago tuluyang naglakad palayo.