final

Yoo Jimin is a Professional

Jimin should have followed her gut.

She had a bad feeling about this. One working experience with an idol had been enough for her not to want to do it ever again. She swore to herself it had been the first and last time.

But why did everything in her house have to break down at the same time? Why did her car follow suit? Why did an idol company offer her a deal with one of their singers right when she needed the money so badly and had no choice but to say yes?

Kim Minjeong, a.k.a Winter. That was the name Jimin would come to dread even hearing. The very face of Jimin’s nightmares.

"This sounds like a journal entry written by a teenager going through an emo phase. This is not the concept I want to do." Minjeong scoffed, her eyes scanning the paper in her hands.

"Well, I’m afraid I wasn't informed about this concept you’re talking about, so I wrote about what I felt in that moment," Jimin said, controlling the rumbling inside her.

"Then you must have been feeling like crap. Did you get dumped or something?" Minjeong almost laughed, returning the paper Jimin had spent several hours working on the last night.

Jimin gulped, taking a deep breath, doing her best at ignoring the stupid and unnecessary comments from some idol who clearly had no idea what being a musician was like. She crumbled the poor paper in her hands and threw it to her side.

"I could do better myself," Minjeong mumbled, and Jimin had to gather all her might to fight the urge to tell her to do it herself, then. "Should we listen to the demo?"

Jimin pressed the play button and stared at Minjeong, looking at her frown and scrunched nose.

"I mean, what good could you do with such a lousy melody, right?" Minjeong sighed. "Depressing, boring, no one wants to listen to a song about break ups and being dumped and-"

"It's called a ballad, and people like it, actually."

"But I don't, and this song is for me."

"You meant for us."

"Alright, but you only have two rap parts, you're a featured artist, so let's try to do something that can please the both of us, yes?" Minjeong gave her a smile. "Let's meet tomorrow again. Write something else until then, and if I like it, then you can work on the rest of the song."

"And do you know," Jimin paused and drank down the soju on her shot glass. "what's the most frustrating?!"

"What?" Hyejoo rested her chin on her palm, trying not to laugh at her best friend's misery.

"It’s that she's so pretty and beautiful and has that perfect face and that aura and presence and with that gorgeous smile of hers she can do whatever she wants, and she's taking advantage of that!" She slammed the glass on the table.

"Clearly it worked on you."

"It did! I'm never afraid to express my dissatisfaction and my opinions, I always defend my work and I don't allow people to offend it, but s-she just went and made fun of it and I couldn't even barely open my mouth!"

Hyejoo stared at her, shaking her head. "Why don't you write about it?"

"What?"

"Didn't she ask for new lyrics? Go on, write about that. I'm sure you could write a whole album around it."

Jimin rubbed her chin. "That's actually a good idea."

"Of course it is." Hyejoo smirked at her. "Oh, and Jimin, be patient with her. Winter is a hot artist-"

"Oh, she is," Jimin mumbled, pouring herself another glass of soju.

"I meant in popularity." Hyejoo laughed, seeing Jimin almost choking on her drink. "She's like the new rising star idol, so don't lose this opportunity, it's gonna be good for you to have a collab with her."

"I'm just a feat, like she said." Jimin pouted. “I’m only doing this for the money.”

"I think she just likes easy targets like yourself." Hyejoo nodded at her own words. "She may seem bossy and cocky, but-"

"Oh, she is! I'm sure she's younger than me, and she never even used an honorific with me, she talks like she knows everything and like her opinion is superior."

"Her profile says she’s an year younger than you," Hyejoo said, looking at her phone.

"See! What a brat." Jimin scoffed, shaking her head as she took her glass to her lips. "Her lame idol name really fits her. She really is cold as ing winter."

Hyejoo snorted. "And she's the lame one. Anyways, as I was saying, she can actually have good ideas and maybe she's more professional than you think. Give it a chance, you never know what lies behind that attitude of hers. As a producer that has worked with lots of different artists, I know what I'm saying."

Jimin sighed. "I will, but just because this will give me good money and as you said, if she's that popular, maybe the song can become a hit. Then I'll be even more famous and get more money and get my own full album and become rich and travel the world-"

"Hold your horses, first you think about fixing everything that broke down due to your clumsiness, and then---"

“Hey, Son Hyejoo!” Jimin swatted her arm. "Karma will hit you like a truck if you keep making fun of my misery.”

Hyejoo smiled. So easy to motivate someone like Yoo Jimin.

Jimin sat and tapped her feet on the floor as she observed Minjeong reading the new lyrics she had written after her conversation with Hyejoo. It felt like a sudden wave of inspiration hit her so hard she had never written something so fast, but it was still nothing final. In fact, she even wrote three different versions, to make sure Minjeong would like at least one.

And at last, Minjeong's eyebrows rose.

"Who told you that you could be this beautiful?" Minjeong read, a smirk creeping on her lips. "You, who think you can get everything with that pretty smile, stop it, because you might even get to me." She finished with a nod and a light chuckle, turning to Jimin. "It’s good. The feeling of falling for someone, the happiness and frustration that comes with it, this is a song everyone can relate to. It almost sounds like you're talking from experience."

Jimin gulped. "No, I-I mean, everyone does, just like you said."

"Of course. Is this finished, though? Seems short."

"No, since I wasn't sure you would like it, I skipped my first rap. Now that I know you liked it, I'll take care of that later."

"Great, then for now we can move on to the melody."

"What? You said I would do it if you liked it." Jimin irked an eyebrow.

"Yes, and I liked it, but we should do it together, right? Not that I don't trust your skills, but it could be fun. And since this is a song for the both of us, I should help. I don't want you to do everything alone."

Jimin wasn't sure if she wanted to do it with her so she could be in control, or if she really wanted to help.

But when Minjeong gave her that pretty smile, just like she had written in her lyrics, she could get anything she wanted from her.

Turned out Hyejoo was right when she said that maybe Minjeong could have good ideas. She came up with a melody for the chorus in mere seconds, and her voice was so pretty and soothing, Jimin had to gather all her might not to lose her focus on the keyboard. There was no way Jimin could deny that Minjeong she was a great singer.

"Do what you just did an octave lower. It's giving the wrong vibe like that," Minjeong said.

Jimin nodded and complied, impressed by how perfectly her suggestion worked.

"How are your raps supposed to be?"

"The second one that's written is fast, the first one I was thinking it should be kind of like I'm talking," Jimin said, guiding her words with her fingers on the paper. “Like, the feeling when at first you’re just talking to a friend about how you’re feeling and you don’t know what’s happening to you, and then the feeling evolves into you just being too excited and overwhelmed about it. Y-you know?”

Minjeong nodded. "Sounds good. Can you do it for me?"

"Do what?"

"Rap." Minjeong chuckled. "What else would it be?"

"O-Oh, yeah, of course."

Rapping was something no one could beat Jimin at, no matter what was the situation. She felt her face warming up as Minjeong smiled at the words that flew from her lips.

"Sounds awesome. You’re really an amazing rapper, I’m glad I convinced my company to work with you instead of that other male rapper they chose. I knew the concept I wanted would work much better with a female rapper." Minjeong nodded as she spoke. "Okay, so, what about we---"

Jimin knew she was talking, but all she could hear was the buzz in her ears. The day before, all Minjeong did was complain about the lyrics and the song and whatnot. But now, she was all compliments and smiles, and each time Minjeong did it, even if just a simple smile, Jimin was more sure it was her biggest weakness. Everything about her seemed so perfect, from her sharp jaw line, her black bob that gave her that cold, unapproachable aura, the contrasting cute cheeks...

And wait, Minjeong was the one wanting to work with Jimin?

"Jimin?"

"Yes!" Jimin blinked away from her trance, shifting on her seat and feeling the back of her neck heating up.

"Did you listen to what I said?"

"No, sorry, I spaced out."

Minjeong stared at her and laughed. "Did my immeasurable beauty distract you?"

"Yep." Jimin sighed, widening her eyes. When she realized what had just come off of , she somehow decided to play it cool and whip out her skills in sarcasm. “Of course it did. I mean, look at you. I go weak for a pretty face like yours. Don’t you get that a lot?”

"Oh, I do. But I don’t often get people being honest about it like you just were." Minjeong smirked. "Pay attention this time, will you?"

Did Minjeong just wink at her?

Jimin gave her a weak nod, her words still ringing in her mind. What a save.

What was she doing, behaving like that when she should be focusing on her job? Minjeong was with her for mere professional matters, they were working on a song they would record together, and that was all. There was nothing else there.

Half an hour into the process of creating the song, and a knock on the door interrupted them.

"Minjeong, we have to go."

"Oh yeah, oppa, I'll be right there."

He nodded and closed the door after him.

"Your manager?" Jimin asked.

"Yes, I have to head to my next schedule."

"So famous," Jimin smirked. "What is it now? An interview? Photoshoot?"

"Both actually." Minjeong sighed. "I would rather stay here working on our song with you, but duty is calling. Tomorrow the studio’s booked for the same time, yes?"

"Y-Yeah, I'll be waiting."

"Great." Minjeong stood up and walked to the door. "I’ll walk you out."

Jimin only hummed in response, following as Minjeong ordered because it was impossible not to after her lips curled in that deadly way.

"She said 'working here WITH YOU', she didn't have to add the 'with you', she could have just said that she would rather work on the song!" Jimin spoke so fast Hyejoo frowned as she tried to decipher everything she said.

"Hold up, I’m confused." Hyejoo raised her hands. "Didn't you hate her yesterday? But now you’re crushing on her. What’s wrong with you?"

"I never said I hated her." Jimin looked away, taking a sip on her beer. "And I'm not crushing on her."

"Oh, no, you’re not."

Jimin pouted and buried her face on her hands, whining. "You’re right, Hyejoo. What’s wrong with me?"

"For you to say 'you’re right’ to me, something is definitely way off. Something like your priorities. I thought you were a professional, Yoo Jimin."

“I am a professional!” Jimin protested.

“Then why are you crushing on Kim Minjeong?”

"Shhh!" Jimin looked around. "Are you an idiot? It’s supposed to be confidential that I’m even working with her! You’ll get me sued."

“Oh , sorry.” Hyejoo covered with her hands.

"I am a professional." Jimin grabbed Hyejoo by her sleeve and narrowed her eyes at her. "Tomorrow I'll act like the professional I am. I can't let a stupid crush get in the way of my work."

"Just because you don’t want to let it get in the way of your work, it doesn’t mean that it can’t exist.” Hyejoo took a sip of her own beer and smirked. “You just have to ask her out without it getting in the way.”

“Is that even supposed to help?” Jimin rolled her eyes.

Hyejoo laughed. "You’re welcome."

Jimin must really be sick, because she, once again, had to admit Hyejoo was right.

When there was a knock on the door and she saw Minjeong stepping inside, dressed in an oversized sweater and a cap turned back on her head, she realized Hyejoo’s advice was actually pretty reasonable.

"Hey." Minjeong smiled, sitting on the chair beside hers.

"Hi. How was your interview yesterday?"

Minjeong chuckled. "What's with that question?"

"Tsk, can't I at least try to be polite?"

"Yoo Jimin is polite?"

She rolled her eyes, and Minjeong laughed. It sounded so pretty Jimin wanted to make a song all about it.

"It went well," Minjeong said. "You know, the usual scripted and pre-approved questions, taking pics, and that's it. What about you, did you work on the lyrics?"

"W-Well." Jimin scratched her neck. "Since you suggested that we should work together more, I thought I could write it while we’re here, so you could give me feedback as I work on it."

Minjeong nodded slowly, an eyebrow irking. "I see, I see. Okay, whenever you want me to see it, just tell me."

Jimin gulped. Maybe she didn't consider the pressure it would be working alone under Minjeong's eyes.

"What about you?"

"I'll be here observing you and helping if needed."

Jimin nodded and focused her eyes on her laptop. She opened the document with the lyrics on and stared at the screen for a few seconds before playing the demo they recorded the day before on her phone. It wasn't completed, but the base and rhythm were there, and that was all she needed.

Listening to it, she started typing, fast as she always did, to keep up with her own thoughts. She already had a few ideas for her first rap, so she just needed to organize and write them down.

When she finished the first paragraph, she played the song from the beginning, and rapped what she just wrote when her part came up, just like she imagined it. When she finished it, she focused on the laptop again, typing the next paragraph in a mere minute as the song continued playing on her phone.

At this point, she should ask Minjeong for her opinion, so she turned to her. Minjeong held her phone turned to her, and Jimin could see herself on the screen, alongside a smiling Minjeong.

"What are you doing?"

Minjeong said nothing, and turned the phone to herself, hiding a silent laugh behind her hand.

"Were you recording me?"

"She has no idea," Minjeong whispered, looking at her phone.

"Yah, Minjeong." Jimin tried to reach for the phone. "Are you talking to someone?"

Minjeong lost it and burst out in a loud laugher.

"Isn't she so funny, everyone?" Minjeong said after calming down. "Say hi to our viewers, Jimin-ssi." She turned the phone to her again.

"Jimin-s-ssi? Since when you call me that? You never used honorifics with me!" Jimin frowned, taking a proper look on what was on the screen. Then, as she realized it, she hid her face on her hands. "Y-Yah, why are you on vlive without telling me?!"

Minjeong laughed again. "The viewers love you, Jimin. See, they’re saying you’re super talented. Tap the heart a lot for Jimin so she can work better, yes?"

Slowly, Jimin peeked through her fingers, eyeing Minjeong as she read the comments. "Is that Karina, the rapper?" Minjeong peeked at her. "Yes, that is right. Since when do you know her? It's been a while, we're very good friends actually, that's why I call her by her real name. You weren't expecting it, were you?"

Why was she lying to her fans?

"Karina is so funny and cute," Minjeong read, "Yeah, that's true, she really is. Very talented too, did you hear rapping? Amazing, right?"

Jimin's felt like her face was in an oven by now, and she wished she could vanish in a finger click.

"Oh, some of them don't know about you, Jimin. Introduce yourself and greet them." Minjeong moved closer to her, turning the phone so the both of them appeared on camera.

"H-Hello everybody, I'm Yoo Jimin, mostly known as Karina, nice to meet you," she said, giving a small bow of her head, trying not to show much of her red face.

"Here, read some more comments, there’s a lot about you. You're actually stealing my spotlight right now."

Jimin gulped and held the phone, smiling awkwardly to the front camera. The comments were passing by so fast she had a hard time reading them, and when she noticed, there was more than ten thousand viewers. Minjeong sure was famous.

"For the ones that don't know me, I'm a rapper and composer. Yeah, I have a few songs released. You're gonna check it out? Wow, thank you everyone, that means a lot. I hope you like them."

She kept reading comments to herself, lots praising her rapping skills and her beauty, but there was one that caught her attention - someone kept asking if she was Minjeong's girlfriend. Ignoring it as best as she could, she focused on the one that kept being asked the most.

"They're asking a lot why you're with me." Jimin chuckled, looking at Minjeong behind the phone.

Minjeong moved her chair to Jimin's side and leaned towards her, and the sudden proximity made Jimin go stiff.

“Jimin is working on that song you just heard a bit of,” Minjeong said, smiling widely. “Is that song for me? Nooo, of course not. I’m not good at rapping like she is. You think I should try it? Do you think it would suit me? No, for now I just came to visit Jimin at the studio to give her encouragement."

Jimin peeked at her from the corner of her eyes. She couldn’t understand why was she acting like that and saying those things. Were all idols like her?

“You look good together,” Minjeong said, reading the same comment Jimin had also read before. “Is that so? What do you think, Jimin?”

“Hm?” Jimin turned to her, and she did not expect Minjeong to be so close to her. Their eyes locked for a couple seconds, until Jimin’s moved down to her lips. She remembered there was ten thousand people watching them, so she looked ahead at the phone again. “It’s not like that. We look good together because Minjeong is pretty for the both of us so I look better next to her.”

Minjeong squealed and leaned her head on her shoulder, making her heart beat to fast she wondered if their viewers could hear it.

Minjeong kept talking to her fans, reading some comments for Jimin occasionally, but she really wanted her to turn off their broadcast, because she didn’t know how to deal with everything going on inside her.

“Alright everyone, Jiminie needs to go back to work so I’ll see you soon! Jimin, say goodbye.”

“B-Bye everyone, it was great meeting you.”

After saying goodbye, Minjeong ended the broadcast and turned to Jimin with a smile.

“Why?” Jimin asked.

“Why what?”

“Why did you lie to your fans?”

Minjeong frowned. “Lie? When did I lie?”

“It’s been a while since you know me, we’re very good friends?”

“We may not know each other for that long, but they don’t need to know about it. And don’t we get along well? I wasn’t really lying.”

“Then what was all that I’m cute and funny and talented, and we’re hanging out and why did you read that comment about us? What was all that about?”

“Do you know what fanservice is? I have a lot of female fans, I’m giving them what they want. Weren’t you reading the comments? They really liked seeing us together.”

A punch in the face would hurt less.

“Is that what I am to you? Someone you can just use for fanservice? When did I ever say that was okay? I never said I was comfortable with it, what if people start rumours? You're an idol, shouldn’t you care about your image and what people say about you?” Jimin blurted, clenching her fists on her lap.

Minjeong blinked. “You’re right, I should be the one caring, and guess what, I don’t-”

“But I do. This isn’t just about you or your fans, Minjeong.”

“You’re overreacting, people don’t go and assume things based on something like this. And I don’t think I did anything to make you uncomfortable, but okay, I’m sorry.”

“Guess what, you did,” Jimin spat. “You shouldn’t even have started a live broadcast without telling me.”

“I apologized already, what do you want me to do more?” Minjeong grimaced, her tone raising.

“Think about your actions. That ‘I don’t care’ attitude is cool, until you up your career for a stupid reason, because that’s how things happen. Idols get hate for the most stupid and ridiculous things, and I’m trying to build my career as well, so, yes, you should care.”

Minjeong rolled her eyes. “Anything else?”

“Do you think this is a joke?” Jimin scoffed. “And no, nothing else. I need to go.”

“Go where?”

“Leave. I can’t focus right now.”

Jimin knew Minjeong was taken aback by how her eyebrows twitched. Without any other word, Jimin stood up and grabbed her things, leaving the studio.

Great. Things went great.

A balled fist hit the wall, as Jimin let her head drop, her hands moving to the back of her neck.

Was this what she called acting professional? What if Minjeong told her managers and company and they cancelled her contract? What would she do then? She really needed the money.

And deep down, Jimin didn't want to lose the opportunity to do the song with Minjeong.

Maybe talking to Hyejoo would help. But all Jimin needed was to go home, and let her body sit in hot water for an hour, then order some spicy chicken and three cans of beer for dinner.

After following through with all of that, she laid in bed, not even surprised to find that none of that really helped her mood. She felt dizzy and sick, in fact. What else did she expect, after chugging down a can of beer in an empty stomach? Good job, Jimin.

The look on Minjeong’s face when she left the studio earlier kept flashing on Jimin’s mind. Even though she was mad at Minjeong for what she did, she never wanted to hurt her. And that made her so mad at herself that it she knew where Minjeong lived, she would drive there just to apologize.

“What the , Jimin?!” She cursed at her own thoughts, rolling on her belly and burying her face on her pillow. Was she out of her mind? Of course she wouldn’t do that.

She was coming to the conclusion that Minjeong was driving her insane, and she had no idea how to deal with all the overwhelming feelings, since she never really felt like that before, or at least to this extent and that fast.

She didn’t even have her number or any way to contact her. How would she solve things like that? Sending her a direct message on Instagram?

Jimin was tired. She usually had some trouble falling asleep, and adding everything up with the dizziness and the fear of not being able to sleep, it was obvious that a terrible night awaited.

She still had her lyrics to finish, since she found herself unable to do so the day before, so, without knowing if the studio was booked for them, she still drove to Minjeong’s company.

It was in fact booked, but Minjeong wasn’t there. Finishing her third coffee of the day, Jimin sighed and focused on her task.

After finishing it at last, she the shuffle on her phone and leaned back on the chair, closing her eyes.

The hope that Minjeong would knock on the door anytime soon would keep Jimin waiting, rapping and singing to the songs her phone played.

“I didn’t know Yoo Jimin could sing.”

The sudden call made her jump on her chair, almost falling to the ground, as her head snapped towards the door.

“M-Minjeong, what the hell?”

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you,” she said, and clearly meant it, by how she tried to hold her laugh.

“Don’t you know how to knock?” Jimin straightened up on her chair.

“I did, but you didn’t answer, so I let myself in.” Minjeong sat on the chair beside her. “Your singing voice is just... I mean, I never expected you to sound so different when you sing. It’s nothing like your rap voice at all. And it’s beautiful.”

Once Jimin’s eyes found Minjeong’s, she felt more awake than she would with all the coffee in the world.

"I'm sorry," Minjeong said, letting her head drop slightly. "You know, about yesterday. I did bad."

Jimin stared at her, without a possible word to answer.

"And you were right, I shouldn't have done that without at least asking for your permission. It was something that involved you too and I didn't think about you, I just thought it would be fun for people to know I was with you."

"Why?"

Minjeong rose her head to meet her eyes. "People should share their happiness with others, right?" A small smile took place on her lips. "I promise I will be more careful about my actions-"

"You're fine," Jimin blurted, and Minjeong widened her eyes for a second. "Don't change who you are. I became nervous with the situation and I lashed out on you, so, I'm sorry. It's fine if you're a bit more careful, but don’t change. Your fans like you for who you are, they wouldn't like a fake Minjeong. And you don’t have to make up those white lies for them to like you, either." There was a pause. "Did I even make sense?"

"Yes." Minjeong nodded. "Thank you, Jimin. Even if you were harsh, what you said was still something I needed to hear."

"Well, I'm glad I helped then, but still, I'm sorry."

"It’s okay, we can leave this behind."

"Yeah."

Silence settled in, but their gazes were still locked. Jimin could swear she noticed Minjeong's eyes wandering down for the shortest of the second. She cleared and blinked, shifting her gaze somewhere that wasn’t Minjeong.

"M-My rap is finished." Jimin turned her computer to her so she could read it.

Minjeong brought her chair closer to hers, and while she stared at the screen, Jimin stared at her. When would she stop being amazed by how beautiful Minjeong was? Never, because it seemed like she always found new details to add to her Minjeong's perfect features collection. Like the cutest of the moles in her left cheek, or the space between her how impossibly straight nose and defined, delicate lips, or how her ear popped out as she tucked a strand of hair behind it-

“It’s awesom-” Minjeong turned her face so fast Jimin didn’t have time to retreat.

Their eyes locked once more, but now, they were too close to each other. Jimin held on her breath, yelling internally at her body to move, to get away, but it told her otherwise, because it kept closing the already small distance between them.

Like minutes ago, Minjeong looked down, and Jimin unconsciously did the same. Minjeong's tongue ran across her dry lips, and Jimin couldn’t suppress a loud gulp. They looked too tempting for her to keep staring, but Jimin had to fight it, because she had to keep it profess---

“I know I just said I would be more careful, but… Can I not care about anything now?" Minjeong asked, her hoarse whisper sending chills down Jimin’s neck.

“So glad you asked.” Jimin breathed out what she had been holding for so long.

Professionalism was overrated and damn impossible when it came to Kim Minjeong, and Jimin didn’t care. She rested her hands on the back of her neck, and watching Minjeong close her eyes, Jimin leaned in for good.

Who would know Minjeong felt the same as her? And Jimin didn’t need to hear it from her, because the way Minjeong held on her arms, even though they were sitting, and the way she deepened the kiss with such urgency spoke louder than any words.

“J-Jimin,” Minjeong called in between kisses. “The door.”

“What… about it?”

Minjeong pulled away. “Lock it.”

Screw the song.

Only after a loud and shallow breath, Jimin was able to stand up with her wobbly legs and walk towards the door, locking it.

She turned, ready to go back to her, but she didn’t need to. Minjeong was already there, pushing her body against the door, and Jimin had to tell her legs not to fail her.

Jimin wasn’t one to break rules and disregard her own flawless work ethic, but this was Minjeong. Kim Minjeong.

The one with the smile that could take anything she asked of the world. The one whose gaze made Jimin want to surrender. And she would surrender anytime, if that meant that she could kiss Minjeong and have her petit body pressed against her own.

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" Hyejoo asked the second she opened the door.

Jimin stepped inside her best friend's house, greeting her dog, Gureum, and sat on her couch. Her smile was so big and bright Hyejoo almost got blinded.

"Just paying my bestie a visit." Jimin held on Gureum and sat him on her lap, the corners of her lips as perked up as humanly possible.

"Your what?” Hyejoo wrinkled her nose, sitting next to her. “I'm guessing you apologized to Minjeong? Did you ask her out?"

"Actually, she asked me out. I mean, she didn’t ask me out, she straight up asked me to kiss her."

"She what?!"

Jimin looked down and caressed Gureum's ears. "You heard it."

Hyejoo scoffed, shaking her head. "You wished."

"You don't believe me."

"Not a bit."

Jimin smirked, and showing enough of her shoulder, she revealed a small bite mark.

"Holy ." Hyejoo widened her eyes. "Holy , Jimin!" She smacked her arm with a loud chuckle. "And what... What happened next?"

"With or without details?" Jimin wiggled her eyebrows.

"With, of course."

Jimin laughed. "There aren't much, actually. We just made out."

"Just? That doesn't seem like just a making out session."

"Yeah, it was intense, alright, but it didn’t go further than that." Jimin felt her face warming up as the images, the feelings of earlier flashed on her mind. As if she could still feel Minjeon's lips on hers, on her neck, shoulder, and her hands on back, underneath her sweatshirt— "N-Not that I didn't want more, to be very honest."

"Right there, in the recording room? Damn, Jimin, you're hardcore." Hyejoo laughed again, stealing Gureum away from Jimin's lap, who snuggled against her chest.

"I didn't say that! I'm just saying that... Nevermind, you know what I mean." Jimin's neck burned at that point.

"And what now? Do you like her, or are you guys just having fun?"

Jimin stared at her. "We didn't really talk about it."

"You know you really need to be careful, right? No one can find out. Both your careers will be ruined."

"I know."

Ironic how she had told all of that to Minjeong, and now she was the one hearing it.

"I don't know if I like her," Jimin confessed, her head down. "I guess it's too soon to say I do, but I'm sure it could happen. And I have no idea if that's good or bad."

"Depends on how she feels," Hyejoo said. "But even if she does like you back, you can imagine how a relationship with an idol would be like, right?"

"Gosh, you're thinking way too ahead of time. And can't you be happy for me, instead of giving me a lecture?"

"I am happy, but I can't not be worried."

Jimin gave her a small smile and messed up her hair. "You worry too much. Let's just see how this goes, okay? And tomorrow, please, try and not say anything inappropriate, alright? You're gonna be there as Hyejoo the producer, so, be a professional like me."

Hyejoo snorted a laugh. "If I were to be professional like you, I would end up making out with some staff or something." And that earned her a hard punch on her arm.

“Okay, I think we’re done!” Hyejoo gave Jimin a thumbs up from the other side of the glass window. “Amazing job, you two.”

Jimin beamed as she removed the headphones and was about to step out the recording booth when Minjeong stood up.

“Wait. I was wondering and I think Jimin should sing the last chorus with me.”

“Oh?” Hyejoo irked an eyebrow at her, then eyed Jimin with a hint of amusement in her eyes. “What do you think, Jimin?”

She opened several times, but ended up only nodding with her eyebrows raised in her forehead. Minjeong joined her again inside the recording booth, and Jimin's neck heated up.

“I-Is this a good idea?” Jimin asked.

“Yes. Ever since I heard you sing yesterday that I’ve been thinking about this. I think our voices will blend nicely and people will be surprised to hear you sing.”

“Are you sure, I don’t wanna ruin this-”

“You won’t. Your voice is beautiful, there’s no way it would ruin anything. Besides, if you don’t feel comfortable, it doesn’t even have to go on the final song.”

Hyejoo cleared her throat outside, making both girls snap their heads at her. “Whenever you’re ready.”

They nodded and put on their headphones. The song started playing a few seconds before the last part, and Minjeong stared right into Jimin’s eyes, her gaze so strong she couldn’t break it.

The song came to the end, but they were still in their own world, smiles creeping into their lips and an almost uncontrollable urge to kiss each other.

“That was awesome,” Hyejoo said, bringing them back to reality. “Minjeong was very right, your voices sound great together. Listen.”

Jimin was still amazed by how naturally she sang with Minjeong, like they had rehearsed it a thousand times. And as she heard the final result, she could almost cry.

“I don’t think you need to repeat it, this one is perfect. This needs to go in the end result, I will not accept it any other way, Jimin. Also, the emotions and your chemistry together? Too real, man,” Hyejoo said, nodding at her own words.

Minjeong giggled as they left the recording booth, and Jimin had to control the urge to smack Hyejoo's head.

“Jimin, do you need anything else? I think my job here is done.” Hyejoo stood up.

"I’ll finish everything up, thank you so much for your help, Hyejoo. I’ll make sure you’re the first one to listen to the final version.”

"Of course, our friendship would be over if I wasn't. Have fun you two, make sure to enjoy your time and use it well." Hyejoo walked to the door, winking at Jimin.

Jimin flared her nostrils, eyeing Minjeong, but she only bowed at Hyejoo with her brightest smile as she thanked her.

The second the door closed, hands crept on Jimin’s waist and lips pressed against hers.

“Impatient, are we?” Jimin said, pulling away to breathe.

“Hyejoo is really cool and I know she's your best friend, but I couldn't wait to be alone with you. And she did tell us to enjoy our time and use it well.”

Jimin smirked. “She did. And how exactly should we do that?”

“Oh, I think you know that very well,” Minjeong said, her voice turning into a whisper as she pulled Jimin closer again, but she held on Minjeong’s arms to stop her.

“Yes, after we finish the song.”

Minjeong pouted and whined. “Why?”

“Because if we don’t finish it now, you know we will not finish it today.”

“Okay, you’re right. Then let’s finish it fast so we can get to the fun part.”

“Oh, our song is not fun?”

Minjeong raised an eyebrow at her, and with her hands on Jimin’s shoulders, she approached her ear. “Not as much fun.”

Jimin inhaled sharply, containing herself not to grab Minjeong and take her to the couch.

“Okay okay, I’m sorry, let’s focus on the job.” Minjeong giggled.

Jimin’s phone rang, making her roll her eyes. She reached for it on the coffee table ahead, almost throwing her computer to the floor.

“You better have a good reason-”

“ARE YOU HOME?” Hyejoo yelled.

“Yes I am, what the is going on?”

“Turn on the TV!”

“I’m working-”

“TURN ON THE ING TV, JIMIN!”

After a mumbled fit of curses trying to find the TV remote, she turned it on, and the first thing that appeared on the big screen was none other than Kim Minjeong.

“You’re welcome,” Hyejoo said with a chuckle, but the phone was long forgotten. Jimin could only focus on the screen and the beauty she missed so much already.

“So, you actually worked on the song, right? You must be happy it was such a hit!” The MC said, and a grin grew on Minjeong’s lips.

“Yes, not only happy, but proud as well. It was such a great opportunity to work on this song with Karina-ssi. She’s truly talented, and allowed me to give my opinions and help with the lyrics and composition of the song, so I was able to learn a lot. I’m really thankful for that.”

Jimin hugged the nearest pillow and tried not to squeal, at which she failed miserably.

“Karina really seems like a humble person,” The other MC said. “I think it was a big surprise to everyone when we heard her singing with you when she’s a rapper. How did that happen?”

Minjeong giggled. “Well, there was this time I entered the studio and she was listening to music and singing, and I was very surprised as well, I had no idea she sang so well, so I asked her to sing the last part with me.”

The MCs showed their amusement. “I think everyone is glad you did, your voices sound great together.”

“I think so too. This time she was the one featuring in my song, but I would love to work with her again, so it would be amazing if I could feature in one of her songs next time.”

“Did you hear this, Karina?” The MC looked straight at the camera, laughing. “I hope you’re watching right now, you can’t refuse an offer like this!”

Jimin’s chin dropped so low it could reach the floor.

“Let’s hope we get the chance of seeing you two working together again in the future! We also heard that you were...”

At this stage, Jimin wasn’t listening anymore.

Their song had been a hit, she was gaining popularity because of it and Minjeong, lots of artists wanted to collab with her now, and she was already so grateful for that. But Minjeong asking to be in one of her songs? That was asking too much.

Yet, Minjeong just did it, on TV.

She searched for her phone and after a few taps, she brought it to her ear, still staring at Minjeong on the screen. Then, her call was accepted, and a grin appeared on her lips before she even heard her voice.

“I heard that the hit idol Winter wants to feature in one of my songs.”

“If the best rapper in the industry Karina lets me, it would be my pleasure.” Minjeong’s voice melted Jimin.

“I could do a whole ing album for you if you asked me to.”

Minjeong laughed, and how Jimin missed it, even though it’s been only a week since their last meeting. “Don’t joke too much, I’ll consider that.”

“I’ll start working on something for us as soon as I’m done with all the things I have to do.”

“There’s no rush, I’m still not done with promotions as well. Speaking of which, my company will call you anytime soon, but I’ll tell you beforehand. You’re gonna perform with me next week for The Show.”

Jimin almost dropped the phone. “A-Are you serious?”

“Of course. I can’t wait.”

“M-Me too! I miss you,” Jimin blurted, hiding her face in the pillow.

“I miss you too, Jimin, a lot.”

In the silence that followed, Jimin heard a male voice calling for Minjeong in the background.

“I have to go now, we’ll meet soon!”

“W-Wait!” Jimin called. “Would you by any chance have some free time today after the broadcast? I was thinking that you could come visit my house and---”

“Yes. Whatever it is, if I’m going to be with you, the answer is yes,” Minjeong whispered before hanging up. “I really have to go now, I'll call you as soon as I'm done!”

The phone slid down from Jimin’s hand as she squeezed the pillow against her chest. Jimin pulled herself together. Among all of the work she had in her hands now, she had a date with Kim Minjeong later, and she had to make it perfect. There was no time to mess around and squeal like a middle-schooler.

But of course she would make it perfect. Yoo Jimin was a professional, after all.

---

A/N: thank you for reading and I hope you liked it!