Chapter 6

Monsters &

“Not an idiot but a person of sound judgement.” Kim Lip mumbled thinking of her and Yeojin’s safety by avoiding tangling themselves with Tsume and Avent it could only bring trouble she thought as she sat in the larger than she ever thought possible bed, trying to untangle her thoughts, Yeojin had left with their plates whilst Olivia Hye and Gowon had disappeared somewhere with strict orders for the pair not to do something stupid in their absence. It had been a few days since she had spoken to the Queen who hadn’t come to see her since, but Haseul had come to see them telling her to stay a while until she recovered and whilst she had tried to speak to Yeojin, the exile continued to ignore her much to her sisters dismay.

“Hello Kim Lip.” The voice of Avents Queen broke through her untangling session much to her own dismay.

“You know it’s rude to enter without knocking.” Kim Lip said looking over to the Queen she seemed well-kept together in comparison to her previous wide-eyed look, though to be fair from Gowon's account things had become quite hectic since the attack.

“I don’t believe you can comment much on ones manners.” The Queen commented her dress lavishly following behind her as she stood at the foot of the injured girls bed, Avent's fashion was grande with blues and golds but Kim Lip couldn't understand why one would need a dress to sweep the floor.

“Ah but I don’t rely on good manners in my work but you…that’s a topic we can broach another day.” Kim Lip said causing Jinsouls eyebrows to quirk a smirk on the Queen's face as she leaned forward.

“Another day? Does that mean we’ll be meeting again?” Jinsoul questioned a smug smile on her face as she eared an eye roll from the younger girl who let an unintentional chuckle escape her lips, she really should have seen that answer coming.

“Don’t get your hopes up your highness.”

“And what makes you think I have any hopes of seeing you after you called me stupid?” Jinsoul questioned watching as the girl simply shrugged her shoulders not a single hint of remorse over what she had said the days prior as if insulting a Queen wasn't a big thing, after all she was a hunter she would move on to the next place like it has always been for hunters, like it shall be for her.

“Well you’re here today aren’t you?” Kim Lip countered watching in amusement as a faint red tainted the Queen’s cheeks whether that be from frustration or something else she wasn’t sure but she couldn’t help the smug look that came over her face.

“That’s beside the point.”

“Then what is the point?”

“You.”

“Me? You flatter me your highness but I don’t know what you’re expecting of me.” 

“You and Yeojin found one of those bandits hideouts some of the greatest minds in the kingdom were scouring the lands and they found nothing.”

“Sounds like you need to hire better people.” Kim Lip muttered earning a slight bewildered look from the queen. “I only speak the truth.”

“First you insult me now my advisors.” Kim Lip simply shrugged her shoulder once again as the Queen squinted at her trying to reign in her annoyance at the hunter. “Anyways, Yeojin told me how it was by accident however I have been told by both Gowon and Olivia Hye how well versed you are in the lands, we don’t get to meet many hunters considering how many have detached themselves from the profession due to its dangers, you have a skill set we require and from what I gather you’ve been training Yeojin the two of you are what we need.”

“And what if you don’t need us what if there are more reasonably trained people and you’re just fixated on us two because our friends are good at singing our praises.”

“It’s a risk I’ll have to take but from the way you risked yourself to buy time for Yeojin, the way you were willing to throw away your life to protect the people I have a good feeling about you.” Jinsoul said catching Kim Lip off guard with her words, leaders were supposed to be more rational but this Queen was relying on her intuition, Lip didn’t know whether to commend her or call her stupid again.

“Well feelings are often wrong.”

“Maybe they are, but I see a hope in you I haven't seen in so long, you Kim Lip are a risk worth taking.” Jinsouls words stopped Kim Lip from making any comeback as the Queens sincere tone made her feel like she was the one, that maybe this is what her years of being a hunter prepared her for.

“Hey Lip guess what?” Yeojins voice broke through the inquisitive silence that brokered the room stopping at the door she saw the pair looking at one another so intently she could have robbed the room and they wouldn't have realised.

“You're naive to so casually gamble on somebody to protect your kingdom but Hye was right there's a bigger picture, the people need this threat gone so I'll do what I can to protect them but I'm doing this my way, dealing with the nobles or politics I'm not doing any of that." Kim Lip declared watching the smile on the Queen's grow until it practically engulfed her, she truly looked so naive in comparison to her parents how could they have raised somebody so different from themselves.

"You're a hunter I respect that I'll keep you away from the politics and nobles so long as you're helping us." Jinsoul said practically exploding to tell her friends of the agreement made as she hugged Yeojin on the way out the younger girl nearly suffocating under the hugs pressure.

“Sorry I should have asked you first if you want to ste…”

“No way we’re doing this together.” Yeojin said brushing aside any of Kim Lips thoughts as she bounded her way over to the bed. “Guess what though? Whilst you were talking to Jinsoul I was talking to the Queen’s lady in waiting Choerry oh it’s been so long since I’ve seen her.”

“That’s why you took forever.”

“Forever?”

“Choerry was there to distract you whilst the Queen spoke to me.”

“Ah damnit.” Yeojin cursed looking over at the door. “At least she’s still funny and cute.” Yeojin muttered.

 

“She is cute.” Kim Lip muttered as they hid behind a castle wall Yeojin peaking around the edge nodding her head at the older girl.

“Told you.” She said pleased at dragging her friend from her bed and running around the castle to catch a glimpse of the lady in waiting, she was a bright haired girl who seemed to have quite an infectious personality if the way she was joking with the guards was anything to go by.

“But should we really be stalking her like this?” Kim Lip whispered as she looked around the corner again seeing Choerry laughing with Jinsoul the younger girls eyes stayed on Choerry mentally preparing herself for their next encounter whilst Lip’s eyes strayed from Choerry to Jinsoul there was something about the Queen that aggravated the young hunter, she wasn’t a fan of monarchy her hatred of Avent royalty completely justified in her mind but for some reason she was intrigued by the Queen of Avent was it because of how unprepared she was for the role? Was it because she’d been told the Queen was an airhead? Or was it because she was naive? Why was she more intrigued by the girl than angry at her? 

“It’s not stalking we’re going to say hi now.”

“We’re going to what?”

“Say hi.” Yeojin replied ignoring the look of bewilderment on Kim Lips face as she strolled towards the two with an air of confidence Lip wished she could emanate, the younger girl was always the more outgoing one but for her to so confidently approach the pair she must really like Choerry Lip thought as she watched Yeojin talking to the pair as if she was their best friend. Deciding Yeojin didn’t need her she turned to walk away however a voice stopped her in her tracks.

“Oh Kim Lip it’s an honour to meet you I’m Choerry.” The bubbly voice of Choerry greeted her turning around she saw the trio had made their way around the corner. “I’ve been wanting to meet you for so long but I thought I’d let you rest and then when Yeojin said you were here I just had to come and meet you.” For a noble woman she sure spoke fast Lip thought looking over at the ever bright smile adorning her face.

“Erm hi.” Kim Lip greeted attempting to smile but from Yeojin’s face palm she probably came across as constipated.

“What were you doing here?” Jinsoul asked looking around the empty hall which had nothing of value to be seen. “Unless you were looking for us.”

“In your dreams your highness.” Kim Lip scoffed. “I was just looking at…the walls… you have a good… infrastructure in place.” Lip scowled at the grin Jinsoul let loose, the girl knew exactly what was happening grating Kim Lips nerves further, however Choerry was just glad to be meeting the fierce hunter ignoring the tension surrounding the two women as she clapped her hands together.

“As fun as infrastructure is how are you feeling? Are you healing well?” Lip silently thanked the lady in waiting for dragging them away from the topic if the grin was anything to go by Jinsoul had readied herself for a comeback that would cause Kim Lip to scream. What was she going to say about infrastructure? It looked sturdy, Jinsoul would have eaten her.

“Yeah your doctors pretty good.” Kim Lip replied falling in to step beside the girl as she directed them to walk.

“Oh yes Dr Alucard is a very respectful doctor he does his best to listen to any requests his patients have.”

“Requests?” Lip muttered furrowing her brow as she looked down at her bandaged wrist.

“Olivia Hye had mentioned how you dislike touch and how you never take off your gloves so he didn’t take them off saying it would be an invasion of privacy.” Choerry replied causing a feeling of relief to sweep over the girl during her stay she hadn’t thought much about it, the thought escaping her however it was good to know Olivia Hye had mentioned it and the doctor had listened.

“I should thank him next time I see him.”

“It seems like you can thank him sooner than you think.” Choerry said pointing over to the long haired doctor who sat in the gardens, book in hand sipping some tea. Thanking the girl she split off from the group walking over to the doctor who looked over to the hunter small smile in place.

“Ah Kim Lip it’s good to see you walking how are you feeling?” The doctor asked offering some pastries which she gratefully took.

“Much better how are you?”

“Ah same old, same old.”

“Slow day?” Lip asked causing the man to chuckle as he leaned back in to the chair enjoying the suns warmth, the warmth a nice contrast to Tsumes cold they had been subjected to not so long ago.

“A slow day for me is a good day for everyone I’m sure you know how that feels.”

“I’d never get to have fancy pastries in a castle garden on my slow days.”

“Ah the benefits of working for royalty.”

“Did you always work for Avent?”

“I was a healer in Eden once aiding all those in need then when war was brewing between Avent and Eden the king had come for my services. Seeing how ready for war he was I left for a while, in a skirmish between Eden’s and Avent’s guards I healed the soldiers, the previous Queen then offered me a role here.” The mention of Eden intrigued Lip as she intently listened to the doctor his life in Eden certainly impressive though his stay in Avent certainly allowed him to see a lot.

“Do you miss Eden?”

“Everyday but I couldn’t stay and help a man so readily to accept war.”

“But you came to Avent a kingdom notoriously known for talking with their swords.”

“I required shelter at the time but when I arrived I met the future Queen she was different from her parents to the point where the King had planned to marry her before she took the throne to preserve his legacy. She wants to do right by the people and her morals, it’ll be a tough road for her but I stayed because I believe she will be the catalyst of change, I stayed so she knows she has my support in her endeavours.”

“What about the fact she’s sent soldiers to Eden as if asking for a war?”

“Unlike the King of Eden and his baseless accusation of Avent’s involvement in his Queen’s assassination there does seem to be some merit.”

“What merit is that?”

“The guards caught a glimpse of robes a shade of green and gold, they said the people on the horses wore wide brimmed hats also green this was on the night when the King and Queen’s heads were delivered to the palace.”

“Only Eden’s scholars wear robes like that.” Lip muttered earning a hum of approval from the doctor as he took a sip of his tea, green was a difficult colour to produce especially gold hence why only royalty could wear it unless you were in Eden, then the scholars were also given the honour to wear such colours though it was a lot more in your face than Lip liked.

“It’s difficult to support the King of Eden when he won’t answer why his scholars were there if he did kill those innocents and the Queen’s parents it would be difficult to convince the people here war isn’t the correct route. Though to be honest the man is careless I can’t support a man so flimsy with war imagine if the people had gone to war the first time round how many countless lives would have been lost in vein, they would have died for nothing thinking they were fighting for justice now look it seems he’ll be getting his war but he’ll be seen as the bad guy.” The doctors words seem to placate a storm raging in Kim Lips stomach the embers would forever be lit however they could do no more than simply remain lit, fanning them would only result in a war she had no want of subjecting herself through. “But I don’t believe you came here for such talks though I must say even if it may seem selfish I’m glad I was able to share these thought with someone, I can’t complain about royalty to well royalty.” Kim Lip chuckled at his words feeling a calming presence sitting beside the doctor.

“I just wanted to say thank you I heard you didn’t take my gloves off it probably came in your way when bandaging it probably means nothing to you but thank you.”

“Ah don’t worry about that I’ve had many strange requests in my time that was pretty normal after all we all have something to hide -ah excuse me it seems like I’m needed, thank you for the talk Kim Lip feel free to meet me whenever you wish.” The doctor said leaving with a kind smile rubbing her hands she was glad the doctor was like those she met in alleyways that didn’t question anything the formal ones ask too much.

“The doctor is a kind man.” The Queen said replacing the seat the doctor had been sat on. “It seems like you were immensely grateful you were gone for a while.”

“Is your highness jealous?” Lip teased watching the Queen lightly laugh hand covering the doctors’ words resounding in her head Jinsoul wasn’t her kingdoms predecessors the doctor trusts this Queen greatly.

“I was worried you harmed the poor Doctor knowing how brash you can be.” Jinsoul teased taking delight in the eye roll from the younger girl.

“What happened to Yeojin and Choerry they kick you out for being annoying?” Lip laughed at her own words causing Jinsoul to shake her head at the girl wiping the glean of sweat on her forehead with a tissue.

“Choerry mentioned she hadn’t played tag in a long time so Yeojin started a game.” Of course she did Lip thought hearing the two laughing from god knows where. “Guys come join us.” Jinsoul waved over a laughing Olivia and Gowon whilst Haseul seemed to be the of their jokes causing the woman to whine at them.

“The two of you are sat together and one isn’t dead yet?” Olivia questioned relaxing in to her seat.

“Give it 10 minutes.” Gowon replied snuggling in next to her girlfriend enjoying the moment of relaxation they could share before they were inevitably on the road again.

“Be nicer.” Haseul scolded bonking Gowon on the head. “11 minutes.” The four laughed as Kim Lip rolled her eyes at them if she had to see Jinsoul any more often she was sure her eyes would be lodged at the back of her head. “Where are Yeojin and Choerry?”

“Playing tag.” Jinsoul replied as a loud laugh from Choerry could be heard, doing good kid Lip thought before looking over to the anxious face of Haseul.

“You know this’d be easier if you just spoke to her.” Lip said looking over to the Queen catching her by surprise. “What you did wasn’t good but she’d get it, a lot of things were happening she’s a smart kid she’ll understand you.”

“But she’s avoiding me at every turn.”

“Can’t blame her for that, you left her for dead and when you see her you practically say I couldn’t come after you because our parents said so and yeah I didn’t have time oh and I didn’t know where you were even though I did.” Olivia Hye said causing Haseul to groan in to her hands Gowon lightly hitting her girlfriend for saying the words without any tact, though Gowon couldn’t blame her there was still a note of sourness in her when Yeojin had explained what had happened.

“Dead?” Haseul questioned in to her hands fearing the answer she was going to hear.

“It had been a couple of days since her exile there were a group of bandits that had found her, she escaped but lost her pack of supplies in the scuffle, I found her in the forest during one of my hunts. She was nearly killed by a werewolf add that to the fact she looked like she was going to freeze to death, she was in bad shape I didn’t think she was going to make it.” Kim Lip replied feeling a profound sense of dread as she thought back to the younger girls body lying in the snow Werewolf dripping saliva above her admiring his prey, they were rare powerful beasts Yeojin had no chance of outrunning.

“Oh God.” Haseul cried in to her hands feeling Jinsouls arms wrap their way around her giving her a sense of protection, protection she should have given Yeojin she thought bitterly. How was she going to face her sister again? It was no wonder Yeojin had shut her out and avoided her she could have been there, she could have sent Heejin or Hyunjin to see to it Yeojin was at least safe but she didn’t, she obeyed her family’s wishes and chose to ignore Yeojin as a person instead focusing on her as a memory. A memory she swore to do justice by but in the end she had nearly lost the very person she swore to do right by.

“We’ll work through this.” Jinsoul whispered dabbing her wet eyes the thought of losing the young girl cracking her heart, she had simply hoped the girl had found a family who took in the girl and were happily providing for her.

“How can we? I should have tried harder when she was in Tsume but I didn’t.”

“Remember what I said in Tsume?” Kim Lip questioned earning a nod from the queen before the sound of a third laughter rang in the air it was Hyunjins laugh much to Haseuls surprise. “She wants her sister it’s not going to be fixed straight away and that’s fine but she misses you, fill the gap in her heart nobody else can.” With a resolute nod Haseul stood up following the sound of laughter fading away from the girls lounging in the sun.

“I didn’t think you could be so…nice.” Jinsoul said looking over to Kim Lip who was now standing up she was sure the girl would have dismissed any thought of Haseul getting close to Yeojin after all it was clear she disliked royalty, it seemed like Kim Lip had taken the spot Haseul had left in the younger girls heart but the hunter simply shrugged.

“Then let’s pretend you never heard anything.” Lip quipped turning away from the trio leaving Jinsoul to watch her retreating figure as she was left with countless thoughts about the hunter.

 

Haseul stood beside a tree watching as Yeojin chased a happy Hyunjin, a Hyunjin she hadn’t seen since Yeojins departure even though she was her guard it didn’t stop Hyunjin from becoming Yeojins second guard and best friend often sneaking off to the kitchen late at night for snacks. Receiving a scolding from Heejin who nearly had a heart attack when she had seen the princess missing from her bed, however since then Heejin had accompanied them later dragging the eldest princess herself in to their shenanigans as they attempted to cook food. It was a long time ago those happy times Haseul thought with a sigh keeping an eye on her sister and guard who now began a faux wrestling match.

“As much fun as it is watching it’s even better playing.” Choerry stated standing beside Haseul who was pulled from her trip down memory lane.

“She seems happy I’d probably ruin her mood I’ll talk to her later.” Haseul said taking a step back however a firm grasp on her forearm stopped her from moving away.

“We can’t keep putting off tasks we’re scared of or else we’ll never do them, Yeojins grown up and changed a lot but it’s obvious she still loves you, believe in yourself and she’ll believe in you, be strong for one another.” Choerry spoke making Haseul look up to see her little sister who had now stopped playing and made eye contact with her whilst Yeojin had avoided her to the best of her abilities Haseul hadn’t chased the girl to the best of her abilities. Noting the look of surprise on the ex-princesses face Haseul ran towards the girl as she ran away running past Hyunjin who looked at the pair in amusement cheering good luck to the Queen.

“Yah Im Yeojin stop right there!” Haseul shouted feeling the tiredness swell inside of her it had been a while since she had any exercise but Yeojin was a hunter now she was constantly training if the girl wanted she could have out run her by now but she didn’t. Of course she didn’t Haseul cursed herself as she remembered Kim Lips words with a final burst of energy she grabbed Yeojins arm stopping the girl.

“Let me go.” Yeojin ordered however it was futile as Haseul wrapped her arms around the girl her back pressing against her older sisters racing heart.

“Never.” Haseul said causing Yeojins wriggling movements to stop. “I’m never letting you go ever again I’m sorry for what happened I shouldn’t have listened to mum and dad I should have gone to see you but I was so scared. They said the kingdom was in shambles and I needed to be there for them but the truth was I should have been there for you, never leaving the castle to look for you will forever be the biggest thing I regret but I miss you Yeojin, you’re my little sister and I love you I understand if you don’t ever want to speak to me ever again but I needed to at least tell you this much.” Yeojin allowed the tears to freely flow as Haseul buried herself deeper in to the crook of her neck, she had time enough to think, she had allowed her melancholy to overtake her, she had allowed herself to live in the past long enough. Now though she was given the chance to live in the present with those she had left behind.

“Will it be just like old times?” Yeojin questioned feeling her voice falter as she thought about where she’d fit in to this new life.

“No.” Haseul replied letting go of Yeojin making the girl miss the warmth her sister emitted instead the older girl walked around Yeojin to now face her placing her hands on her shoulders. “Nothing can be like before we’re on different journeys now but we can forge our own path together and see where life takes us, I swear I’m not letting you disappear from my life ever again Im Yeojin, I’m here forever.” The promise catapulted Yeojin in to her sisters arms ignoring the improperness with which she was crying she held on to her sister feeling both of their legs give out under them. Neither cared for they had finally returned to one another ready to see where life was going to take them, together. 

 

“It’s different now but a good different I’m excited to see where life’ll take us.” Yeojin spoke to Gowon, Olivia and Kim Lip as they walked through the castle ready to leave and go on a trip to the market gathering supplies before they left on their next tasks.

“Ah that’s good to hear Haseul’s been the happiest I’ve ever seen her I’m glad you talked.” Gowon said recalling her friends good mood as she hummed her way to bed last night.

“The most important thing for me was having some reassurance my sister wasn’t going to leave and with yesterday I’m sure she won’t, we’re having tea today so we’ll talk about it more later on.”

“If she upsets you again call me.” Olivia Hye said even if the girl had nothing against Haseul and understood why the girl couldn’t exactly chase after Yeojin she still needed to make sure the younger girl was fine.

“Aww are you worried about me?” Yeojin teased swinging on Olivias arm causing the girl to chuckle at the younger girls’ antics. “Oh is that Choerry?”

“Of course you can spot Choerry from a mile away just ignore the Queen beside her.” Olivia teased earning a shove from Yeojin who spotted the girl in the front courtyard with Jinsoul.

“Choerry hi.” Yeojin waved running up to the girl before stopping short and sheepishly looking over to the Queen. “Er sorry your majesty hello to you too.” Jinsoul simply laughed at the younger girl as the other girls came and greeted them as well.

“How are you doing?” Choerry asked.

“Great we’re going to the markets to get some supplies before we leave tomorrow.” Yeojin replied in excitement missing the slight dim to Choerry’s smile.

“Ah yes you’re leaving tomorrow are you sure you should be leaving so soon Lip was injured quite badly do you not need more rest?” Choerry asked turning her concerned gaze to the girl in question who simply shrugged it off.

“We need to get going soon before they attack.”

“Before you leave take this.” Jinsoul said passing two coin purses to Olivia and Kim Lip who took it with smug smiles feeling the weight of it.

“Is it normal for you to carry money like this?” Lip asked as she secured the coin purse.

“No but considering out of the group none of you spoke about a reward it’s the least I can do for now.”

“For now? I’m expecting the greatest reward ever known to man after this is done.” Lip said disliking the grin that made its way on to the Queens face.

“That can be arranged.” Jinsoul teased causing Kim Lip to momentarily stop functioning as her eyes strayed to the Queens lip bite, a coat of red covering her face as she looked away. “Come Choerry let’s let them get their supplies.”

“Ooohhh.” Olivia began before being hit by Lip. “Ow I’m not everyone’s punching bag.” She complained before following the now red Kim Lip as the three girls each let out laughs at the older girls’ flustered state knowing how she must be seething inside to react to the Queen like that. You don't like her Kim Lip repeated stomping ahead of the group keeping a hand on the coin pouch keep to the path of the hunter.

 

“You should just become a punching bag and charge people for hitting you.” Kim Lip stated ignoring the glare Olivia sent her way as they stood readying their horses as well as Gowon and Yeojins, the two busy saying their goodbye to the group inside.

“I’ll charge you the most money.”

“Does Gowon get to punch you for free?” Lip asked earning a bunch of hay being thrown her way causing Lip to laugh as she picked up some hay throwing it to Olivia who dodged instead hitting the new arrival Gowon in the face. Her glare stopping Lip in her movements Olivia just laughed looking at her friend before a torpedo of hay was lofted above her much to Kim Lips delight as Yeojin entered the barn smirking at the hay drenched girls.

“We should get going we’re going to lose light.” Lip stated turning around before she felt an avalanche of hay being thrown at her causing her to trip over, looking behind she saw the smug face of Gowon bearing down at her.

“Come on Kim Lip we’re losing light.” Gowon teased causing the older to girl to chuckle she had forgotten for a moment how scary her friend could be. Dusting herself off best she could she led the girls out of the barn.

“Is Haseul still going with you two?” Lip asked as they walked towards the castle.

“Yeah she’s going to direct us to the place you guys found and we’ll look around see if there’s anything her guards might have missed.” Olivia replied enjoying the heat of the sun one last time before they hit the cold of Tsume.

“Are you sure you two don’t want to come with us? It seems to be the strongest lead.” Gowon asked looking over to Kim Lip who shook her head a sigh escaping her lips as they made their way to the castles courtyard.

“Like I said there’s another lead leading me to Eden it’s probably nothing I have to make sure before meeting you guys in Tsume.” Lip replied a feeling of dread overtaking her but she pushed it aside, Eden was around a week’s ride away she’d cross that bridge when it came to it.

“Ah I’m glad I found you guys here.” Hyunjin called making her way over to the group. “Jinsoul wanted to give these to you in case you run short in your journey.” Hyunjin passed along a coin purse to each person it wasn’t the money that surprised Kim Lip it was how Hyunjin called Jinsoul without her title, they must be good friends, who’s she not friends with? Lip thought filling up the coin purse Jinsoul had given her yesterday.

“At least she’s not stingy.” Kim Lip muttered.

“Oh Jinsoul also wanted me to pass this along.” Hyunjin said passing a small rolled parchment over to Kim Lip with a look of confusion the girl opened it to be greeted with neat writing. When you finish your task in Eden be sure to come back to Avent you have much to tell me about the infrastructure of the castle I can only imagine how riveting of a conversation it will be, and tell Yeojin Choerry says hi and tells her to be safe. Muttering in annoyance to herself as she imagined the smirk the Queen would have had writing the note she pocketed it away safely noting the curious but amused glances of the other girls clearly wanting to know what had riled her up.

“Choerry said hi and be careful.” Kim Lip said to Yeojin who revelled under the attention as she turned to face the castle in case said girl randomly popped out.

“Was that all in the letter? I can’t imagine sweet Choerry annoying you so much.” Gowon teased laughing at the red that seemed to constantly paint itself over the girls face in Avent.

“We’re losing light we’ll see you when we’re done.” Lip muttered ignoring the laughs from the others as she dragged Yeojin away who was busy waving at the balcony where Choerry had popped out from, however Lip refused to turn around as she could feel the second set of eyes on her, they were unmistakably Jinsouls she could practically see the Queens grin as they walked away. Infrastructure really? She'll hold that over me for as long as she can Lip thought her hand gently ghosting over the note.