Masquerade

Favorite Crime

AT THE IM'S MANSION:

Mr. Im is peacefully reading a newspaper at the living room.

The maid approached Mr. Im.

"Sir...there is man outside who wishes to see you..." says the maid.

"Who is it?" Mr. Im asked.

"He hasn't told me his name sir...but he did told me that he is a friend of yours..." the maid replied.

"A friend of mine?" Says Mr. Im.

"Yes sir..." the maid replied.

"Okay...please do tell this friend of mine to come inside..." says Mr. Im.

"Yes sir..." the maid replied.

After a few seconds, Mr. Im's friend  came in the living room.

Seeing this friend of his, surprised Mr. Im.

It was the man he spoked with on the phone in the previous chapter.

"It's you...what are you doing here? I have already transferred the money to your bank account..." Says Mr. Im

"well...I just wanted to thank you in person Mr. Im...that money was indeed a great help for me...especially now that my life is hard..." says the man.

"Hard?" Mr. Im asked

The man nodded.

"I'm in dept..." the man replied.

"Are you? What happened to the money I gave you a year ago?" Mr. Im asked.

"Well...umm...I've used that money to pay all of my previous debts..." the man replied.

Mr. Im sighs.

"Well...umm...you better make sure to spend your money wisely this time...whether it is money...heart...or time...you must invest wisely..." says Mr. Im.

The man chuckles.

"Yeah...I'll make sure to remember that..." says the man.

Mr. Im nodded.

"Good...umm...by the way..." says Mr. Im.

"Hmm?" The man replied.

"Umm...your daughter...have you visited her already?" Mr. Im asked.

The man sighs.

"Unfortunately...I have not..." the man replied.

"Why is that?" Mr. Im asked.

"Well...umm...I wanted to visit her...but umm...I just don't have the luxury of time...plus...the creditors are hunting me down...so umm...I can't just go anywhere as I please..." the man replied.

"I see..." says Mr. Im.

"And your daughter? How is she?" The man asked.

Mr. Im sighs.

"Nothing changed since last year...she still refuses to take her car whenever she goes somewhere..." Mr. Im replied.

"I see...it must have been hard for her..." says the man.

Mr. Im  looked at the man.

"I'm sorry..." says Mr. Im

"*chuckles* why are you suddenly apologizing to me?" The man asked.

"If it is hard for my daughter...I can't even imagine how hard it must have been for you..." says Mr. Im

"Well...that's life...I just have to accept what has happened and continue on living..." says the man.

Mr. Im nodded.

"I have to agree with that..." says Mr. Im

"So...I guess I'll be going now..." says the man.

"Sure...now remember what I've told you..." says. Mr. Im

The man chuckles.

"Yeah...I'll make sure to pay off my debts and spend my money wisely from now on..." the man replied.

"Good..." Mr. Im replied.

The man then left the mansion.

"He was quite different when we spoke at the phone...he must have been drunk at that time..." says Mr. Im.

After a minute, nayeon and chaeyoung have finally arrived at the mansion.

Mr. Im was still in the living room when he saw his daughters arrived.

"Nayeona...chaeyoung..." says Mr. Im while holding a newspaper.

"Oh...father..." says nayeon.

"Where have the two of you been?" Mr. Im asked.

"Well...chaeyoung and I went to the mall to buy a cake for jeongyeon's birthday party tomorrow..." nayeon replied.

"Is that so? Well...are the both of you hungry? I can ask the chef to cook a meal for you..." says Mr. Im.

"Umm...we just ate...so we're not really hungry at the moment..." says nayeon.

"Are you sure?" Mr. Im replied.

"Yeah..." says nayeon.

"Well...if you need anything just ask for the maid...okay?" Says Mr. Im.

"Okay..." nayeon replied.

Nayeon and chaeyoung  then went to their rooms.

IN JEONGYEON'S MANSION:

Jeongyeon, jihyo, tzuyu, and dahyun are gathered at jeongyeon's house to talk about the theme for the party.

"So what do you guys think should be the theme for the party tomorrow?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Tsk...you should have planned this like ages ago...now my stylist won't be able to design my dress..." says jihyo.

"Well I'm sorry...but you guys are well aware that I'm not into dressing up for parties..." says jeongyeon.

"Tsk...whatever..." says jihyo.

"How about a costume party? Jeongyeon could dress up as a clown, jihyo as a watermelon, and dahyun as an eagle..." tzuyu jokingly suggested.

"Ha ha ha! That's very funny!" Jihyo sarcastically replied.

"I actually like that idea..." says dahyun.

Tzuyu then gave dahyun a high five.

"Come on guys this should be serious..." says jeongyeon.

ALL OF THEM WENT QUIET AND STARTED TO THINK DEEPLY ABOUT WHAT THE THEME SHOULD BE

"Ah! I have an idea!" Says jihyo.

"What is it?" Jeongyeon asked.

"How about a masquerade theme?" Says jihyo.

Everyone seems to agree with Jihyo's suggestion.

"I'm fine with that..." says tzuyu.

"Yeah...I also don't have a problem with that..." says dahyun.

"What about you jeonyeona? What do you think?" Jihyo asked.

Jeongyeon nodded.

"I'm fine with it too..." jeongyeon replied.

"Okay! So masquerade it is..." says jihyo.

"Oh...we should inform nayeon about the theme..." says dahyun.

"Oh right...wait I'll give her a call..."says jihyo.

Jihyo is dialing nayeon's phone number but she didn't answer the call.

"Looks like she's busy..." says jihyo.

"You can just call her again later..." says dahyun.

"Yeah...I better make sure to inform her about the theme..." says jihyo.

"Well then...shall we get going? I better hurry so that I could inform my stylist about the theme for tomorrow..." says tzuyu.

"Yeah me too..." says dahyun.

"That goes for all of us...I guess we'll be going now jeonyeona...we'll just see each other tomorrow..." says jihyo.

"Ah! Jihyo wait..." says jeongyeon.

"Hmm? What is it?" Jihyo asked.

"Umm...could you stay for a while...I have to tell you something..." says jeongyeon.

"What is it? This better be more important than my gown for tomorrow..." says jihyo.

"It is..." jeongyeon replied.

"Really? What is it?" Jihyo asked.

Jeongyeon sighs.

"It's about nayeon..." jeongyeon replied.

BACK AT THE IM'S MANSION:

Nayeon have just finished taking a bath.

Nayeon checks her phone.

Nayeon sees a miss call from jihyo.

"Oh...jihyo called? I wonder why..." says nayeon.

Nayeon then called jihyo back.

Jihyo answered nayeon's call.

"Oh nayeonie..." says jihyo at the phone.

"Jihyo...I'm sorry I couldn't answer your call...I was taking a shower..." says nayeon.

"Oh it's fine..." jihyo replied.

"why did you call?" Nayeon asked.

"I actually wanted to inform you about the theme for jeongyeon's birthday party tomorrow..." jihyo replied.

"Theme?" Says nayeon.

"Yes...masquerade would be the theme for tomorrow..." says jihyo.

"Masquerade? Why have you told me just now? How could I prepare? It's only a few hours before the party..." says nayeon.

"I know...jeongyeon have just planned all of this today..." says jihyo.

Nayeon sighs.

"Okay...thank you for informing me..." says nayeon.

"You're welcome nayeona...I'll see you tomorrow..." says jihyo.

"Yeah...see you..." says nayeon before hanging up the call.

Nayeon sighs.

"what am I going to wear?" Says nayeon.

IT IS NOW THE DAY OF JEONGYEON'S BIRTHDAY.

THE TIME IS 6 PM.

Chaeyoung went to nayeon's room to check on her.

When chaeyoung opened the door, she saw the hair stylist still fixing nayeon's hair.

"You're still not done?" Chaeyoung asked.

"It's almost done..." nayeon replied.

"You better hurry up...the party will start at exactly 7...jihyo unnie called..." says chaeyoung.

"Yeah...I'm almost done..." says nayeon.

Chaeyoung sighs.

"There...all done..." says the stylist.

Nayeon then stood up from the make up chair and she was wearing a very elegant and sparkly red column dress with a black mask and her hair down.

"Woah...you're dress looks pretty..." says chaeyoung.

"Really? I'm glad you think so...the stylist worked so hard to finish this dress within just a day..." says nayeon.

"Yeah...it looks good on you..." says chaeyoung.

"Thank you..." nayeon replied.

"Well...umm...you better get going now or else you'll be late for the party..." says chaeyoung.

Nayeon and chaeyoung then went downstairs.

"All right...I should be going now..." says nayeon.

"Wait...the driver is still warming up the limo..." says chaeyoung.

"Umm...I think I'll just walk..." says nayeon.

"Are you crazy!? You'd look like a corpse bride when you arrive at the party if you'd walk!" Says chaeyoung.

"But..." says nayeon

"There are no buts! Just get in the car!" Says chaeyoung.

"Okay...okay...chill...no need to yell at me..." says nayeon.

Nayeon then went in the limousine.

"Umm...Mr...could you please drive slowly..." says nayeon to the driver.

"Are you sure miss? You'll be late for the party if I do..." the driver replied.

"Yeah...it's okay...I'm not in a hurry anyway..." says nayeon.

"Umm...okay...as you wish..." says the driver.

To be continued...