Chapter 1

Agent Moonlark

Guards with long sweeping flashlights illuminated the pitch black corridor.

 

They scanned over the glowing gems and showered light over the dark statues. The feeble light of the flashlight was no match for the pressing darkness though. The guards she could sense were about 10ft away from her, carrying flashlights, and yet she couldn’t see a thing. But still, she was glad for the shadows, for they hid her, 

         

They hid Agent Moonlark. 

 

Agent Sophie Foster/ Agent Moonlak pressed her body against the cool stone. She had a mission, To steal the Heart of Eternalia, the only thing that could change the war’s tide. Their last card. But they weren’t the only ones after the precious jewel. Their rivals were after it too, the Neverseen. 

 

 This was her first mission and she couldn’t fail.   

 

But, she wished her whole team was there.

         

  Dex, the technopath, could disable all the security making everything easier. He also was her best friend and could lighten the mood. 

 

Fitz her crush and Cognate he had always been there for her but he and Tam were protecting the Changes as they were a target of the 

Neverseen

 

Biana and Lihn, her BFFs, both had impressive skills and always made her smile and laugh. 

 

But Mr. Forkle said she had to go alone, and what Mr. Forkle says goes (apparently). 

 

The sound of footsteps drew her out of her thoughts. The guards were moving to a different room! This was her chance. She watched the patrol from the shadows.  She watched carefully until most of the group was out of the corridor and, as silently as a shadow ran to complete the next step of her mission.  

 

In the center of this bright bejeweled room shone a small stone. It had a very pretty aquamarine shine to it. But it was so small, about the size of her pinky. How could something so small hold so much power? 

 

She remembered the course she had back on the Black Swan’s campus. Dex had designed everything exactly like how the security would be here, in Eternia. She pretended she was on the course now, dodging the invisible lasers and traps. After what seemed like an eternity but was only a few minutes, there she was in the center. She should be happy, but something felt off. Her gut was telling her there was danger. 

She turned around sharply to see a hooded figure. 

 

“Who are you?” She asked. 

 

Wait for a second, that cloak, she recognized it! It was a cloak of their rivaling team, the Neverseen. They both wanted to rebuild the Elves’ current government, but both had different ideas on how to do it, sending them into arguments and eventually a War. 

 

She studied what she could see of him. He seemed just a little muscular but with the cloak pulled up over his face she could only see a shadow. He could be anyone. Her eyes suddenly caught on a small silver pin just below his collarbone that appeared to have an engraving on it. She in a breath.