Chapter 16

Slide Thru
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoohyeon's POV

 

I clenched the strap of my bag while waiting outside Minji's class. I looked at my watch and the people who got out earlier than the bell scattered around the hallways when I heard the bell rang.

 

 

I saw her walked past in front of me with Mijoo besides her. I gently grabbed her wrist, making her stop before turning around to face me.

 

 

"Can we talk? Please?" I asked. She looked down before shaking her head and trying to get my hand away from her wrist. 
 

 

Mijoo looked at us before excusing herself. I gave her a nod before grabbing Minji's wrist again.

 

 

"Stop.. please" I heard her said quietly. I frowned.

 

 

"Why are you doing this? What did I do wrong? Why are you suddenly breaking up with me? Please, answer me Minji.." I begged softly while looking at her angelic face that's looking everywhere but me.


 

"I just.. I just got tired of it, Yooh" I don't believe her. 
 

 

"Suddenly? It was a few weeks after Bora talked to you. What did she tell you?? I just.. why? I just want to know why?" I said still holding onto her wrist that's slowly turning red from how tightly I'm holding it.

 

 

"It's not that impossible to happen Yooh. And unfortunately, it happened to us" She said firmly before finally looking at me. I felt a pain in my heart that I can't explain after hearing those words coming out of .

 

 

I felt a tear slowly running down my cheeks. I let go of her before quickly wiping my tears away. I saw her looked away again before walking slowly ahead of me.

 

 

"I know you're just trying to chase me away. There must be something wrong because it's still not adding up to me. No matter what that is that's bothering you.. I'll figure it out, Minji because I love you" I said quietly making her stop walking. Luckily, there's not a lot of students near us or else they'll witnessed my lame crying.

 


"I miss you.. a lot.. If you miss me too just.. tell me please" I said so desperately I almost hated myself for begging unconsciously. I heard a sigh before she started walking ahead again. 
 

 

I frowned before feeling a hand on my shoulder.

 

 

"you good?" Yubin gave me a look before putting a hand over my shoulders and walking me to the gym for our practice.

 

 

"Hm.." I hummed before putting my things inside the lockers and changing into our volleyball jerseys. 
 

 

"Hey want to go clubbing?" I gave her look before shaking my head. At first, I was tempted but then I remembered the last time we went.. 

 

 

"I can't it's exam week and we have a bunch of games coming up. I'm dead beat" I said honestly making her look at me in guilt. 
 

 

"My bad.. Yooh.. maybe you should take a break" She said.

 

 

"from what?" I asked honestly confused by her suggestion.

 

 

"I know you're practicing 5 days a week even though we only need to for 2-3 days. You've been staying up late to study at the local library and don't even lie, you know Dongie works there and she tells me" She glared at me.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter