One

The Difference Between You And Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Winter's POV

 

"First day of senior year! can you believe it?" Ningning shouts in the car as she speeds to school. I sigh, fixing my hair in the car mirror.

 

"It's finally our last year in this horrific high school- can you slow down?!" I said to her but get abruptly interrupted as she goes right through a stop sign.

 

"Ning Yizhuo!" I shout at her.

 

"Oh be quiet, you took an hour getting ready. We are going to be late." She rolls her eyes playfully at me and keeps driving over the speed limit. I slide down in my seat, just wanting this first day to be over with.

 

[​at school]

 

We both swing our half empty backpacks over our shoulders and made our way inside the huge building. Huge, yes. Nice interior, hell no. As Ning and I enter the school building, I can pick out all the familiar faces I know from the last three years. Most of them, I'm not happy to see. Ningning is pretty much my only friend. She has other friends, which in a way I wish she didn't.

 

"Come on, our lockers are right next to each other remember?" she grabs my arm as she looks at her schedule. She drags me down the hall to our lockers. Thankfully, they are right next to each other.

 

I start to unpack my bag, putting some items I don't need into the small storage space. I check the time on my phone and see we have five minutes until the first bell is going to ring. I look over at Ning.

 

"You , we weren't going to be late." I said, squinting my eyes at her. She closes her locker, looking up as if ignoring me.

 

"Sorry, I like driving fast." She smiles innocently. I roll my eyes and go back to minding my own business. 

 

"Woah, look." she pokes me and I turned around quickly, curious. As my eyes land upon one of the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, I feel my cheeks heat up like fire. 

 

Karina Yu. The hottest girl in school, no question. She's walking down the hallway in what seems like slow motion because she's just that stunning, with her boyfriend Soobin and best friend Mia.

 

I quickly turn around as they get closer to make sure it wasn't obvious that I was staring. Ningning raises her eyebrows up at me and smirks. I hit her arm gently. Then I see her eyes move somewhere behind me and they open wide.

 

"Act normal." she whispers and takes her phone out. I look at her confused and then turn to my left. I see Karina walking over. I turn back quickly and see Ningning looking up at me. She bites her lip ually in a joking manner.

 

"New girl?" I heard beside me and I'd recognize that voice anywhere. I turn my head to face her and i feel like i'm going to faint.

 

Her long, black hair is absolutely gorgeous as it slides perfectly through her shoulders. Her deep onyx eyes are hard to look away at. Her light makeup that she doesn't need catches my attention.

 

"Uhm, no." I shake my head nicely at her and glance at Ningning. She has no idea who I am. Not that a girl like her would ever look at me the way I look at her.

 

"No?" she questions, keeping her light smile on her face and furrowing her eyebrows. She's chewing a gum, which makes it hard not to look at her bright white, perfect teeth.

 

"I've been here since freshman year." I told her and her eyes widen for a moment. She seems to catch on.

 

"Oh, you're the gay girl?” she asks me. I just look at her, shocked at how easily she said that. That's all I am in this school. The gay girl.

 

"Yeah, I guess I am." I close my locker quickly and hold a tight grip on my bag.

 

"I'm sorry i didn't mean to say it like that. I just don't know your name." she says trying to regain some respect that I just lost for her a second ago. And she succeeded. I gave her a grin.

 

"I'm Winter." I said. She puts out her hand for me to shake and i did gently.

 

"You're Karina, I know." I chuckled, embarrassed.

 

"Winter, okay." she nodded taking her hand back by her side. "Well, I'll see you guys later."

 

I see her boyfriend coming over as she says that and I gave her a nice smile and nod. Ningning gave her a little wave.

 

As she heads down the hallway, the bell rings. I turn my head towards the lockers and literally hit my head against them.

 

"Winter! don't do that. Karina Yu just talked to you!" she says excitingly. She grabs my hands and jumps like a fan girl.

 

"She didn't know who I was, Yizhuo." I said shrugging. "I'm just the gay girl. that's not very good." I took out my schedule and take a look. my first class is calculus.

 

"It's a start! you met at least." she says as we start dragging ourselves down the long hallway. I shake my head.

 

"Like she would ever talk to me again." I give her a glance and she rolls her eyes. then she starts laughing a little.

 

"Next time try not to drool when you lay your eyes on her beautiful goddess self." she says and my cheeks turn a dark shade of pink.

 

"Oh you." I shove her lightly. "see you later." I said as i make it to my first class.

 

"love you!" she says as she keeps walking down the hallway. I sigh before entering the classroom. I look around quickly and the first person I see is, of course, Karina.

 

I entered the classroom more and look at all the empty seats. One next to Karina and one all the way in the front of the class. Really?!

 

Karina looks up from her phone and our eyes met. I gained some slight confidence and walk to the near back of the classroom where she is. I placed my bag down and look at her.

 

"Can I sit here?" I asked, my heart racing for whatever reason. I cant believe i'm doing this right now. Me sitting next to Karina Yu? she's going to say no, isn't she? ah , why did i even ask her!

 

"su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter