lost star- second

Lost Star

It was Thursday and the whole cast was having a script reading. Her manager had just dropped her off the place, "Thanks oppa! I'll let you know when I'm done." she said and got out of the car. On her way, she met Hyewon on the hallway and so they went together, even sitting next to each other. They greeted the other casts and bowed politely before sitting down.

 

"Oh? Ahn Yujin's not here yet? Aish that kid, I texted her last night to come early."


"Maybe she's coming already unnie." just then the younger came and greeted everyone with full of energy yet the politeness was still there.


"Okay now that everyone's here, I'd like everyone to introduced theirselves first before we start. Hmm...starting from our main leads?"

 

Yujin and Minju stared at each other for a bit before Yujin signalled her to go first, a big warm smile on her face.

 

"Hello everyone, I'm Kim Minju. It's nice to meet all of you. I hope we get along well." she introduced herself and bowed politely before sitting back.

 

It was Yujin's turn, she stood up and introduced herself, "Hello everyone, I'm Ahn Yujin. It's such a pleasure to meet you. I hope we enjoy each other's company on set. Let's do well!" she bowed and showed a fighting sign to cast to which they all returned with a smile.


The cast each introduced theirselves and soon enough the script reading has already started.


"I'm sorry Yang Min Soo-ssi, but you can't stay here. Now leave." Yujin read her line out loud with all seriousness on her face.

 

"Please Won-ah. Just a couple of days before I find a proper place to live in while I'm here." Minju said in a pleading tone, looking directly into Yujin's eyes. Yujin gulped, almost breaking out of her character but recovered. She then read her next line,

 

"I already said no didn't I? That's final. And please, don't address me like that. We're not even close."

 

"Oh come on, there must be something that could at least change your mind."

 

"Actually, there is."

 

Minju's face lit up, "Really? Tell me then! Is it something expensive? I could get it for you."

 

"No. It's not something like that."

 

"Okay then! Tell me what it is!"

 

"Pretend to be my girlfriend for 3 weeks. Or at least when she leaves again."

 

 

They had just the part of when they first met each other. Script reading is fun. Especially since you get to bond with the other casts. This one however, was extra fun. It was enjoyable. Probably since the people in this very room have mixed personalities which makes them enjoy each other's personality. 

 

Since the script reading went well, the Director offered to take them out to drinks to which they all agreed on. She was just waiting outside for Hyewon since she said they'd go together. She also shot a quick text to her manager and inform him about her whereabouts. 

 

"Boyfriend?" she got startled when she heard someone spoke beside her.

 

"Hmm?"

 

"The one you're texting right now, is it your boyfriend?" Yujin repeated, clearly this time.

 

"Oh no! It's just my manager. Had to inform him about my whereabouts or else I'll get an earful of nagging when he arrives here and doesn't see anyone." she chuckled and smiled.

 

"Oh. So no boyfriends then?"

 

"Nope"

 

"Not even admirers? Suitors? Ey that's impossible if you don't have any, you're Kim Minju after all. Everyone loves you."

 

Minju blushed at the youngers comment. Gosh after all these years, the younger still had this effect on her. "Admirers, yes. A lot actually. But suitors? No. I don't entertain them." she answered truthfully.

 

"Why is that so? Waiting for someone?"

 

"Hmm. Not really. I just don't want to entertain any of those right now." she paused, "But if it's you, then sure why not." she continued in her head.

 

"That's great then. I still have a chance."

 

She snapped her head towards the younger's direction who was now grinning, "Pardon?"

 

"Nothing. Well I gotta go now, see you there." she started walking off but stopped and looked back at Minju, "And oh hey Minju unnie, I missed you. A lot." she left. 

 

Minju had this wide smile on her face that wouldn't leave. Not even when Hyewon arrived. The older girl gave her a weird look because she wouldn't stop smiling to herself, even giggling. 

 

-

 

When they arrived at the restaurant that the Director reserved there, everyone was already there and was just waiting for them. They started eating and drinking as soon as they arrived. But of course, not without making a toast. 

 

Hyewon, Chani, Hyunjin, Winter, Minju and Yujin were all in one table. Yujin and Minju were sitting next to each other, and Yujin would ocassionaly put meat on Minju's plate whenever she notices that she doesn't have some anymore. The others noticed this and just smiled at them. It is indeed a very known fact the Visual Goddess of this generation is a very, very, big fan of meat.

 

"Here unnie, eat lots okay?" Yujin said and placed another batch of meat on her plate. Minju misses this. Minju misses the feeling of the younger girl taking of her. 

 

"Unnie? Since when?" Hyewon asked sarcastically.

 

"What do you mean?"  

 

"Oh nothing. It's just that, it's been quite a while since I last heard you call Minju that." the older answered and went back to eating.

 

It's true though. Yujin would usually call her Minju, or sometimes Min. And everytime she does, Minju would feel a fuzzy feeling in her heart and her smile would always reach her eyes.

 

"Oh about that. Which one would you prefer me calling you? Should I call you unnie? Or should I call you like I did in the old times?" Minju was flusttered at the younger's question. But still managed to answer, "I'd prefer the old times. It feels nice."

Yujin smiled widely, "Okay then....Minju."

 

-

 


The dinner ended with most of them getting half drunk. What? It was a very fun night. Minju has just gotten a text from her manager oppa telling her that he won't be able to pick her up because of a sudden family matter. Of course Minju being the understanding person that she is, told him to not worry about her further and focus on his family. Now, Minju doesn't know how to go home. Yeah, she could ride a cab, but it's night already. She could go with Hyewon, but apparantly the older girl is quite tipsy already and went home with their former leader picking her up. Yep, they kept contact with each other throughout those years. Eunbi actually offered to drive her home, but it'll be too troublesome for the older one since they live in a different direction. 

 

She was standing there, outside, already ready to call Yuri and ask her to pick her up when someone behind her suddenly spoke. Making her startled, yet again for the second time today.

 

"Need a ride?" Yujin sheepishly smiled and went to stand beside her. 

 

She jumped sliglhtly, taken aback with the younger's sudden appearance. "Goodness Ahn Yujin! You gotta stop doing that! That's the second one today!" Minju exclaimed, making Yujin's smile grew even wider.

 

"I'm sorry," she chuckled, the smile she has now reaching her eyes and Minju's heart warmed at the sight, "So, need a ride?"

 

"Oh as much I need a ride right, I don't want to trouble you Yujin-ah. Besides, I think we live in opposite directions."

 

"Why? Where do you live now?"

 

"Around Gangnam. I moved out of my parents' house 3 years ago."

 

Yujin's face lit up, "What perfect coincidence! I live somewhere around Gangnam also!"

 

"Oh? You moved out also?" the other ask, confused. "Yep! Just a year ago actually. It's just me and Azzo living there now."

 

"I see."

 

"So? Still need a ride?"

 

"Sure" the older smiled and Yujin led them to her car.

 

-

 

"We're here," Minju announced and Yujin pulled up thr car, "I see you live here also."

 

"Also? What do you mean."

 

"Well apparently Ms. Kim, I live here as well."

 

"For real? How come I never saw you before." 

 

"Probably because my unit's located on the 11th floor." Minju nodded, "Ah that must be it. Mine's on the 7th floor."

 

They got off the car and were on their way to the elevator. The guard saw them and greeted them both. They greeted back and entered the elevator. When they had reached the 7th floor, Yujin was about to bid goodbye to the older one. But was stopped.

 

"Yujin-ah, would you like to come in for a while? Catch up with each other and such?" the older one was hopeful.

 

"Sure. I'd love to." they both got off and went inside Minju's unit. The first thing Yujin said when they entered the actress' unit was, "Wow! Why is your unit so spacious? Meanwhile mine's so...the opposite of spacious." her nose scrunched, a small frown on her lips.

 

Minju chuckled, "You know me, I don't like having much things around. It stresses me." Yujin can only smile while nodding, remembering those days when they still both shared a room. Minju's side of the room was always neat and clean. It was always organized. Yujin's on the other hand was a bit, all over the place. But after they got separate rooms on their new dorm before, Yujin's room was as clean as ever. It shocked everyone. Mostly Yena though.


"Would you like anything to drink? Juice? Milk? I have your favorite milk." 

 

"Milk would do please." she answered and the older made her way to the kitchen, getting her a glass of almond milk. Yujin examined the surroundings and saw a lot of awards placed on one shelf. Minju really is and incredible actress. Her eyes landed on a big framed picture. It was their picture after their last concert. It was them holding their mics that were given by fans during their second debut anniversary. She smiled, but her heart ached at the memory of it. Those were bittersweet moments. Indeed they were. She would never forget those times spent with 11 of her most favorite people in the world. 

 

The older girl saw her there and went to her, "Here" Minju offered the glass and also stared at the picture. "You miss those times too huh?"

 

"Not a day goes by that I don't think about it." they flopped down on the nearby couch, "Everything's okay now, isn't it? We're all happy. We're all doing great. We should at least be thankful for that. It might be a painful memory, but it was only a painful one because we were happy." the older girls words was always so comforting. And was always enough to warm Yujin's heart.

 

"Right. And I'm thankful for those days also. Because it thought me to appreciate time more. And I'm happy with what I have now."

 

"I'm glad you are." Minju smiled warmly at her, "So I heard your group's focusing on solo activities right now, is it why you accepted the offer?"

 

"Hmm, not really..."

 

"What is it then?"

 

"Do you want an honest answer or the one that I just came up with right now?" she jokingly ask, making Minju laugh.

 

"I'd like to hear the honest one please." she smiled, Yujin mirroring the same smile she has before answering, "To be honest, it was because so I could spend time with you." the smile on Minju's face disappeared, her heart now beating faster than normal.

 

"W-What?"

 

"You heard what you heard. You asked for an honest answer, and I gave you one."

 

"I- I dont't know what to say..." Minju asnwered honestly. "Well that's fine. I'm not expecting for a reply also. But I meant it when I say that I really did miss you a lot, Min. I missed you so much. In fact, I think I missed you 3000." she joked, pouting. This made Minju slightly chuckle. 

 

"Just 3000? But I missed you to infinity and beyond." Yujin let out an audible gasped, "Are you challenging me, Miss Kim?" 

 

Minju laughs at loud at how silly the younger one was, Yujin too, ended up laughing with her. "Are you threatened, Ahn?"

 

"Oh it's on." Yujin challenged, "I miss you times infinity...plus one."

 

"Well yeah? Too sad, cause I miss you to the moon and back." Minju countered, but Yujin being the competitive person that she is, "I miss you beyond the stars above."

 

"I miss you the whole universe knows."

 

"You do know that I miss you a lot right?" Minju nodded, slightly confused, "Well then, I miss you a lot the whole world knows."

 

"Okay? But whiy did you ask me if I know first?" 

 

"Aigoo you're still the same Kim Minju 8 years ago. Still so oblivious as ever." Yujin had a faint smile on her lips, Minju's confusion grew even more.

 

"Ahn Yujin, you're really not making any sense right now."

 

"Guss you really want me to say it out loud huh? You're my world aren't you? And you also know that I miss you a lot. Now my world knows how much I miss you."

 

Minju ended up blushing like a madman. Now she's looking like a tomato because of how red both side of her cheeks had gotten after hearing what the younger had to say.

 

"Aish. You and your damn sweet words never fail to take me by surprise."

 

Yujin snickered, "I still have that effect on you huh?" Minju just rolled her eyes and opened her arms wide, "Oh shut up and just hug cause we haven't seen each other in 4 years and I have been wanting to hug you since I saw you." it was Yujin's turn to be speechless because of what Minju had just said. 

 

"I- I- A-Ah- o-okay.." Yujin cursed herself internally for stuttering like, and went over to Minju to hug her, tight.

 

"It also seems like I still have that effect on you, huh?" Yujin heard the other girl chuckled, she smiled and hugged her close still.

 

"Yeah, it seems like you still do."