wonder what i'll do when the cops come through and the whiskey's runs out

Lowkey
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wonder what I'll do
When the cops come through
And whiskey's run out


It would be a lie if Jung Wheein told you that she didn't remember how this all started. Because she do, very clearly in fact.


And right now, at this prestigous and well known event where all business moguls and entrepreneurs alike gathers for one whole night to scout for future investors or to just brag on how well their businesses are doing, was where she met the very same person she's been keeping her eye on, lowkey-ly.


It was well past midnight and the chatter still hasn't died down though considerably most are drunk beyond their minds.


She turned her attention towards the bartender, asking for another drink. She forgot on how many rum and cola she had already and quite frankly, she is tipsy herself. Not drunk, tipsy.


Wheein's alcohol tolerance aren't high nor are they low. She still managed to get home in one piece whenever she and her friends have their night outs that will mostly end with her having a massive hang over the next day.


She pride herself for making decisions in a factual manner. After all, she won't be dubbed as the youngest CEO of the year if weren't for her brain. She is also undeniable beautiful, heir and heiress are clamoring to get her attention, countless suitors trying to win her heart but none of them really wins.


Aside for her beauty and brains, she is also well known for her cold disposition when it comes to her work. She tends to be strict to her employees, wanting everything to be perfect because Jung Wheein never settles for less, and quite frankly only a handful of them have seen her dazzling smile.


So it has come to a shock for herself that exactly a year ago, she divulge in a thirst that surely change her life forever.


------


One Year Ago


It is that time of the year again and truthfully, Wheein is tired of having to attend this event where she will mostly have to keep plastering fake smiles and turning down another indecent proposal from some pompous who can't take a hint.
 


She sighs exasperatedly as she looks at herself in the mirror, she is sporting a black spaghetti strap dress where her back is obviously exposed, her blue; or purple was it? cardigan was left on her seat.
 


She was carefully retouching her make up when the restroom door opened suddenly, it startles her and so is the person coming in. They look at each other through the mirror for a brief second before the said person mutters an apology and quickly goes inside one of the stalls.
 


The interaction might be brief but Jung Wheein for sure will never forget those steely brown eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter