i get carried away (1)

Memoir of the Human Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minjeong and Jimin are cheer co-captains who don't get along and their coach had enough.

Listen, I don't really know you
And I don't think I want you
But I think I can fake it if you can

- Passion Pitt - Carried Away 

 

 

 

A whistle from coach Kang. Again.

 

“Girls! Girls! Stop, just stop” she sighs, fed up with the girls.

 

Carefully, all the cheer flyers were brought back to the ground, all the cheerleaders gathering around Ms. Kang and her clipboard. 

 

“What’s the issue coach?” one of the base cheerleaders asked, Uchinaga Aeri, a Japanese student who proved herself in anything sports apart from soccer. “It seemed fine to me”

 

“I know school just started and the first couple of football and basketball games aren’t happening ‘till a month, but c’mon! Most of us here are not strangers to each other! Where is the chemistry? I don’t see high schoolers, I see lifeless robots in that field!”

 

Each one of the girls in their tight purple and white uniforms look at each other.

 

“Kim Minjeong, Yu Jimin!” she calls.

 

“Yes, coach?” They both answer unenthusiastically, stepping forward in front of the crowd. Their members nervously watched the two be within 2 meters from each other. Many of them were preparing themselves for hell to break loose.

 

A fight between them happens at almost every cheer meet, sometimes it gets physical to the point where their acrylic nails snap off or their uniform gets torn.

 

“You two! I made you both co-captains last month but there’s still no progress in your relationship. Should I be worried? Am I going to have to bring you two to a counsellor now?”

 

“No, coach” Jimin answers, side-eyeing Minjeong for her answer but it doesn’t come. Everyone adored Jimin, she was a model student, she smiles at everyone, and volunteers at an animal shelter too. Her family is rich and probably funds 25% of the high school, but she’s never taken unusual advantage of her wealth, making her one of the most sought-after girls. 

 

Her physique and face didn’t help either, some say that she could be compared to a League of Legends skin or some sort. Not that Jimin would spend her time knowing what that game was.

 

Minjeong rolls her eyes so hard and scoffs, the cheer teams brace themselves, some of them even covering their eyes and ears.

 

“Well, maybe Jimin needs the counsellor. She's always got something up her about me during practice. Gosh if only the school could see how much of a pain she is sometimes” Jimin fumes as Minjeong finds the audacity to form her signature smirk.

 

Kim Minjeong, well, she is definitely more straightforward. Giving everything her 100% honesty, as much as it hurts sometimes and maybe that's why even though she’s popular, she can be labelled as a . Rightfully so, and she doesn’t mind honestly. There are a lot of students who would pay for her to look in their direction and thirst comment on her posts despite her attitude.

 

After hearing Minjeong’s comment, Jimin grits her teeth preparing for the consequence of shoving the girl hard to the ground, but before she could, Ms. Kang spoke up. 

 

“Kim, watch your mouth,” she says, snapping her clipboard “Since neither of you seems to want to even cooperate with each other, which by the way is a waste because you are both such talented cheerleaders, I am giving you two a week to find a middle ground. If you can’t do that then you're out of the team, taking the co-captain title off with your cheer uniforms”

 

All the murmuring stops, Jimin freezes, and Minjeong’s smile drops.

 

The co-captains look at each other with a frown on their faces.

 

And for the first time in a while, the two share a sort of understanding of the situation.

 

“Understood? All right girls, go hit the showers!”

 

Another teacher, Ms. Son, walks behind Ms. Kang.

 

“I really don’t understand why you thought it was a good idea for Kim and Yu to co-captain the team this year”

 

Ms. Kang smiles “They have the potential to do something great, they’re both excelling st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter