from the sidelines (1)

Memoir of the Human Emotion
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sidelines by Phoebe Bridgers

 

Karina’s life starts dwindling out of her control as she finds a deeper purpose in life.



 

How does someone live life? Not just simply existing in this world. After Karina graduated from the safe haven of highschool, she so desperately wanted to know. She is not depressed, lost, confused, well maybe slightly, but she was just curious. 

 

Her goal for most of her life was to get into a good university, and she’s reached that goal. It made her so happy to receive the offer but now what? She’s three years in and her next goal was to get a job in her field. Karina knows soon, when she accomplishes and relishes that satisfaction, she’s going to have to find another thing to indulge herself in. 

 

What if she runs out of reasons to have to walk through the stages of life-?

 

Karina is not depressed, lost, or confused, she’s just curious.

 

Curious about what else life had to offer, curious about why people find the sunset breathtaking, why the stock market is so interesting, or why people are always so scared about everything. 

 

Karina, who’s known to be carefree, dependable, and courageous, does not have the answer to everything but she desperately wants to know. How does someone live life?

 

She tried pottery lessons, snorkeling, jumping off a plane, dating apps, learning a new language, traveling to a different continent, and yet she still can’t answer the question.

 

“Just what am I doing wrong? What am I missing?” She questions herself as no one hears her in the crowded bar. 

 

She takes a look around to find all her friends smiling and enjoying the presence of each other and Karina smiles. She’s been questioning for so long, but does it really matter? Does anything matter in life at all to hold her back?

 

Maybe she doesn’t need answers and instead, to let everything go. She had nothing to be afraid of, and is afraid of nothing. Not death, school, the ocean, nothing. Nothing at all. So, she runs to her two best-friends with a giant smile on her face and a large beer in hand.  




 

Naturally, like any university student, Karina hates waking up early but today marked a new semester. Her last one before she would be considered a fourth year. Eac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter