Chapter 8

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jongkook-ssi, are you free tonight? Director or I should say Jihyo unnie wants to have dinner tonight, four of us, Unnie, Me, Kwangsoo-oppa, and you,” Somin said just beside the partition for his desk. “Um, I do have a schedule tonight,” Jongkook lied, he wants to finish researching a new product so tomorrow can be sent to Jihyo. “I really want to have dinner with the boss, but my schedule doesn’t allow me, I’m really sorry Somin-ssi,” Jongkook adds and bows to her.

Jongkook feels bad that he rejects her invitation to dinner, just her closest one. She barely asks anybody out to dinner, not even her boyfriend. But Jongkook presence is enough for her to try and get close to him once again.

 

Just before Jihyo is done with her work and goes on dinner with Jongkook and the other 2 rascals, she hears her door being knocked. “Ne” Jihyo replied. The door opened and reveal her current boyfriend with a smile she hates.

Just before Joonyoung opens his mouth and said something, Jihyo beats him. “What are you doing here?” Jihyo said in a serious tone. “I’m just being a good boyfriend and pick-up my girlfriend. Do you want to go for dinner?” He answered with no hesitation. Jihyo hangs her head low in disbelief, but before she can reply, the door is knocked once again.

“Ne” Jihyo replied. The door opened and reveal Jongkook who wants to say that he can’t join the dinner and make sure she’s okay. “Am I interrupting? I can go back later, or say it to Kwangsoo,” Jongkook said from the door. Just before he closes the door, Jihyo said, “No, you’re not interrupting, is there something you wish to say to me?” Jongkook then enters the office. “Annyeonghaseyo,” Jongkook bowed and said to Joonyoung who just standing behind Jihyo.

“Who is this?” Joonyoung asks Jihyo without even greeting Jongkook back. “Ah, ye, I’m Kim Jongkook, the new employee here,” Jongkook replied and bowed at him again. Just from the first impression of meeting Joonyoung, Jongkook hates him. Joonyoung could just bow to him but decided not to. He can ask the same thing to Joonyoung but he stops before he reveals the ‘real him’.

“This is my boyfriend, Jongkook-ssi, Ha Joonyoung,” Jihyo introduced him to Jongkook but Jongkook didn’t even look at him the moment Jongkook realize that Joonyoung is looking down at Jongkook. “I just wanted to say that I can’t make it to tonight’s dinner with Kwangsoo-ssi and Somin-ssi,” Jongkook said to her.

The moment Jihyo heard that her brain starts to rack up, because she wanted to get close to him but he can’t join, and on the other side, her boyfriend picked her up and take him to dinner. Then, she comes up with an idea.

“Okay then Jongkook-ssi,” Jihyo replied to Jongkook. “And please tell Somin-ssi or Kwangsoo-ssi that tonight’s dinner is canceled,” Jihyo adds. “Ah, ye, Jihyo-ssi,” Jongkook replied to her before bowing and leaving her office.

The original plan for Jongkook is to tell her that and check up on her but since her boyfriend is there, he can’t. Jongkook and Jihyo also need to use honorifics to talk to each other.

Jongkook then tells Kwangsoo that the dinner is canceled, but Kwangsoo didn’t even notify that there is a dinner tonight. “What dinner? Why is it canceled?” Kwangsoo said with his confused look. Jongkook then realized that he haven’t been notified about the dinner. “Ahh, Jihyo-ssi wanted to have dinner tonight with You, Somin, and me but got canceled because I can’t join and she has her boyfriend visiting,” Jongkook explained to him. “Ahh, alright then,” Kwangsoo nods.

 

Back at Jihyo’s office, “Do you want me to dinner with you?” Jihyo asks her boyfriend who currently seating on the sofa in front of her desk while she’s working. “Yes, I’m trying to make up to you for my lacking as your boyfriend,” Joonyoung replied. Jihyo is ready to break up with him right now, but she needs to find a good reason and evidence of his either cheating or lying, so for now, she’s trying to play along with him.

“Alright then, where do you want to eat?” Jihyo asks him while packing up her stuff. “Well, it’s my treat, so I’ll let you pick the restaurant,” Joonyoung replied. Jihyo just nodded.

“Did you bring my car?” Jihyo asks while they are at the elevator. “Yes, she’s fine and I’ve been treating her well,” Joonyoung lied but Jihyo didn’t know that. The dinner went well because Jihyo uses all of her energy not to break down and confront him on the spot. She just went along with him until she’s arrives at her apartment with him.

The moment Joonyoung enter the house right behind her, he pinned her onto the wall. His face was 5cm away from her. He then leans closer to her lips but her last strength pushes him away. Jihyo planted her feet firm, “YA! Ha Joonyoung!” She screams his full name.

Joonyoung eyes widened at her scream and take a step back. Jihyo breaks the silence with a question. “Who are you with last week? She was in your bedroom with you and your clothes are everywhere.” Jihyo just has to confront him right on the spot. Joonyoung looks like he’s forgotten about it but then his head hangs low. “I’m sorry,” It’s all that comes out of his mouth.

“WHO IS SHE!?” Jihyo screamed again and tries to hold her tears from falling. Joonyoung fell silent and kneel in front of her. All her questions are answered. She tried to fight her tears and chase him away from the apartment. “Don’t ever show up in front of my face or you will need to have a facial reconstruction,” Jihyo said to him the moment he got out of her apartment, making sure he can still hear her voice.

The moment the apartment door closes, she breaks down in tears and falls to the ground, hugging her knees. Ding-dong, her door rings. After a few rings, which she didn’t answer, the passcode entered, the door opened, revealing the two rascals she loved. Somin and Kwangsoo.

The moment both Somin and Kwangsoo see Jihyo on the floor crying, they run to her, try to comfort her. Jihyo cried not because she lost him, but because of the feeling of betrayal. She was never felt so betrayed in her life before.

 

After 15 minutes of letting out her stress through crying, she become more stable, her breathing calmed, and she felt so weak. But Somin and Kwangsoo are ready to help her. Kwangsoo helped her get to the sofa to get more comfortable while Somin grabs a glass of water f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter