Chapter 10

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I can finally update on schedule now, thank you guys for giving this story a chance. Thanks for the comment too, I read every single one. 

I have written this story a few chapters ahead, and what I can tell you is it's going to be interesting (for me, I don't know about you) please keep on reading this, keep commenting, or just to say hi is also appreciated. ENJOY!

Jongkook eyes went wide at the feeling of his lips meeting Jihyo’s. Jongkook closes his eyes and accepts the kiss. He pushes Jihyo inside and closes the door.

He pulls away first, “I don’t think I can stop if this goes further,” Jongkook said. Jihyo still closes her eyes while panting. “Good night, see you tomorrow Jihyo-ya,” Jongkook then kisses her forehead and goes out of the apartment.

Jihyo touches her lips at the thought of the first kiss she had with Jongkook. It was the same feeling, the same intention, the same kind of nervousness. She needs a long shower after that. She wish it was longer, but she didn’t know what Jongkook has if they go further. Jihyo walks to the kitchen and drinks some water.

 

Jongkook went inside the elevator with a really fast heart rate, it beats the heartrate he had while he’s doing his morning run. He feels his heart and then touches his lips at the thought of the kiss he’s been longing for. He went to his car and let the car run for a few minutes while he’s deep in his thought. He is just imagining what would happen if Jongkook didn’t stop, what her response would be if he goes further.

Jongkook needs a long cold shower tonight.

 

Jongkook did not get enough sleep from what happened last night. His heart doesn’t seem to stop beating at a faster rate. He goes for his morning run to try and erase the thought of last night. He went harder and longer than his usual routine. He finishes his run and eats his breakfast. He went to the office with his Golf GTI and wears something simple.

He arrives a little early. ‘Let’s have some coffee,’ Jongkook said and went to the pantry. He goes back to his desk and continues the work he has as a CEO before anyone comes. He’s too focused to see anyone coming to the office but then he saw a tall man in his peripheral view walking towards him, he instantly close the file and change it.

“Hyung, you’re really early,” Kwangsoo said, getting his laptop out. “I just wanted to come early today, how are you today Kwangsoo-ya?” Jongkook asks because last night he seems to be quite drunk. “Just the usual hangover, but I’ll get through it,” Kwangsoo answer. Jongkook nods and goes back to his work.

 

Lunchtime arrives. Jongkook is just about to stand up from his seat when Kwangsoo grabs his hands which Jongkook immediately turns to Kwangsoo. “Hyung, what happen last night with Jihyo-noona?” Kwangsoo asks with an innocent pair of eyes. Jongkook can’t really say nothing happened but he can’t just say that she kissed him and he kissed her back. “We just talk and walk around the park near her apartment, you know catching up and stuff,” Jongkook answered, giving Kwangsoo half the truth of what actually happened that night.

Kwangsoo nods at his answers and stands up. “Let’s eat, I heard today’s menu is something amazing,” Kwangsoo said and whisper to Jongkook about the menu.

Jongkook follows the excited Kwangsoo who loves today’s menu in the cafeteria. “I barely have this here, and this was the one to die for,” Kwangsoo said after slurping the broth of the soup. “I had this once which is 2 years ago and its taste the same,” Kwangsoo goes a spoonful. Jongkook just there eating the same one with amazement towards Kwangsoo.

Kwangsoo finishes his soup first and queues up again for his second bowl. Jongkook hasn’t even finished half of it. After 5 minutes, Kwangsoo is back with another bowl. Jongkook shakes his head, “Is it really that good Kwangsoo-ya?” Jongkook asks him after a little chuckle.

“Just tried the other place after this, and you’ll never going to eat anywhere else,” Kwangsoo answered him as he slurp another spoonful. Jongkook agreed with him this time, “Take me to the second-best Kwangsoo-ya, it’s on me,” Jongkook said to Kwangsoo.

 

The days just went by quickly with nothing much happening in the office. Jongkook and Kwangsoo didn’t leave their laptop since lunch, they are quite busy since the mid-year report is due.

“I think I need to stay longer today Hyung, some of the reports needs to be done today,” Kwangsoo said without even looking at Jongkook. “Alright, but take care of your health first Kwangsoo-ya,” Jongkook replied him as he stands up to leave the office.

Jongkook went to his CEO's office to continue his work there. He feels bad that an employee like Kwangsoo needs to do overtime because of some reports needs to be done. So he called Sohee inside his office, “Sohee-ssi, can you buy all of the employees who works overtime today a dinner or something to eat, here take my card,” Jongkook said and hand her out his card. “Ah, ne, Jongkook-ssi, I’ll be back,” Sohee said while bowing to Jongkook then turns around. “Don’t forget to buy yourself something to eat, Sohee-ya,” Jongkook uses casual words to her which she likes.

 

Kwangsoo works overtime with some of the employees, but most of them are already left. Kwangsoo was halfway done when one of the security guards come with a few boxes of take-away food. The security hand Kwangsoo one box and the rest to the others employee in the office. “What’s this?” Kwangsoo asks the guard. “Ah, it’s the CEO treats for the employee who works overtime,” The guard answer then left the office. It was the guard who know Jongkook personally the one who guards the lobby and the head security of the building, but the employee couldn’t care less.

Kwangsoo just sits there, clueless on why his CEO started to care about this kind of stuff. But, it’s a food that he knows he can’t waste, so he ate it with pleasure. Kwangsoo finished his work at around 9 PM. Jongkook on the other hand, still working because when he’s in the zone, hours feel like minutes. Jongkook went home at around midnight.

 

The next day, Jongkook feels refreshed after a good sleep and a morning run. He arrives at the office feeling fresh and excited, despite working overtime. On the other hand, Kwangsoo feels like he hasn’t slept for days, he feels sluggish and sleepy. Maybe it’s because Kwangsoo hasn’t got used to working overtime.

“Here’s for you, Kwangsoo-yaa,” Jongkook puts a cup of coffee on his table. “Auuhh, look that black eyes, don’t overwork yourself,” Jongkook adds, pats his back, and went back to his desk. “Gomawo-yo hyung, I just don’t feel like myself today, maybe it’s yesterday’s overtime got me,” Kwangsoo said after sipping the coffee.

 

Meanwhile, in Jihyo’s office, Jihyo is still thinking about why she kissed him that night. She was a little bit drunk but she still has her consciousness. It feels like it was her that controlling her body and mind, it’s like her younger self is controlling her. But her train of thoughts got disturbed by a knock on he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter