Prologue

Haste To The Wedding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JUNG JESSICA - 2015

"Jung Soojung, get your drunk here!"

"Congratulations!" Jung Soojung; twenty-one, beautiful and intoxicated, lifted her empty hand up and made a toast with her invisible glass of wine. Unaware of her precarious position on the side of the road, the young girl grinned at Jessica. Her big sister. "You finally get the job of your dream."

"Soojung!" Jessica, not 100% sober herself, tried to pull her sister away from the danger of getting hit by a car. "Stop!"

"Why? Is working for Pink Pearl not the job of your dream?"

 "I meant stop walking into the road." Blowing an exasperated breath out of her nostrils, Jessica tried to pull at Soojung's hand once more. "And I haven't got the job yet. They called me for  an interview."

"You'll nail this interview." Soojung easily broke away from her sister's hold. "In fact. They will be so mesmerized by your talent  they hire you right away."

"We're talking Pink Pearl here. Not some summer internship in a supermarket chain."

"Girl, with all that creative juice you'll do haute couture stuff for Patek Philippe someday." Soojung stepped into the road instead, immediately getting honked by a speeding Hyundai.

"God, you're dead drunk. Patek Phillippe sells watches." Jessica staggered toward her sister. If only Soojung could sit still on the roadside for a moment, Jessica would be able to get them both a cab. "Come here! Mom will never forgive me if you get roadkilled!"

"Noo. Patek Phillipe sells wine." The younger girl laughed, dancing around as drizzles started to fall from the midnight sky. Two more cars sped by. Both drivers yelled and honked at the drunk girl.

"Soojung!" Jessica tried to reach for her sister. Soojung got even further though. Holding her small Rosie bag over her head to shield herself from the drizzle, Jessica launched herself toward her sister. "Get off the- Aaaah!"

Jessica's warning was cut short by her own fearful shriek. A white Maybach bulleted through the road and braked a second too late. The driver swerved the car to the left to avoid a fatal collision but the hit still threw Soojung's body to the curb.

"Oh no! Oh no no!" Jessica came to her sister's side. She didn't see blood but the horror of seeing her younger sister laid there unmoving in an awkward position made her cry out loud. "Soojung, no!"

"Are you guys crazy!" The driver of the luxurious car stepped out, looking annoyed instead of feeling sorry. "Why are you dancing in the middle of the road like that?"

"My sister. Help her!"

"I think they are drunk." Someone else came out of the car and came to kneel beside Soojung's body. "Call 911, Key." She reached for Soojung's hand and held her wrist.

"What? No. The cops going to blame me for this. Is she dead?"

"Noooooooooooooo!" Jessica wailed at the mention of death. "Soojung, please. Don't die. Don't leave me. You're my only sister. I love you."

"Hey now, your sister is fine. I think. There's no apparent injury and her pulse feels pretty normal." The girl reached to pat Jessica on the shoulder. "Key, what are you waiting for? 911."

"Nope."The guy crossed his arms. "Get back in. It's raining."

"Really, Key?"

The guy shrugged.

"Damn it! Let me call them myself." The woman rose up and headed back to the car.

"I think she's fine." The guy hovered over Soojung for one good minute. "Let's just compensate them and leave."

"No!" Jessica grabbed the man by the leg. "You guys can't leave!"

"Aissh!!" The guy tried to kick Jessica but the girl came over and glared at him. "Hey, stop it!" She took out a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter